Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The Visions of Nightmares
Topic Started: 29 May 2014, 17:17 (2077 Views)
draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I promised, and here it is!

This is the fastest (and weirdest) piece of fanfiction I've ever written! I've been busy working on my other fic Forest Guardians (I've finished Chapter 1!) so this is a bit rushed. Also I didn't edit (I did check for grammar though) so yeah. Not my best work XD

Dedication List

• Shnuckles
  • Hope_and_Heir
  • HideousZippleback
  • Faerie_Dragon
  • MudkipStar/ TokiMudkip
  • SilaNightFury
All your stories are amazing B-) And even if you don't win, count this oneshot as a prize for participating!

The Visions of Nightmares

“Hiccup, wake up!”

The soon-to-be future chief was lying sprawled on the floor. So was Snotlout, who was currently babbling about wedding attire while attempting to dance with the chair.

Astrid shook her head. She’d warned them about drinking too much mead, but as always they didn’t listen. Hiccup’s attention span was horrible as is. But Snotlout? His attention was all towards flirting with ladies and making crude jokes.

She tugged at Hiccup’s arm. It flopped to the ground, and he moaned in pleasure. “Astrid...my arm feels nice. Do it again.”

“Are you insane?” she questioned. “Of course not.” She shuddered at the thought of the twins getting drunk. That would be devastating; the Great Hall would most likely be aflame. Better not let that happen.

“Hey, babe,” Snotlout murmured, “mind giving me another… drink?” He coughed. “Be quick...my throat’s thirsty. Stupid inflammation.” He beat at the table with his fist, then recoiled as the pain hit him. “Ow!”

“Hic, if you don’t wake up now, then I’ll tell your father.” Stoick was the chief of Berk. He for certain wouldn’t tolerate any foolish antics, even if they were from his own son.

-dedicated to Hope_and_Heir. Nostalgia, detail, loved your fic. *applause and whistling* I need to read the books.-

“Did you hear that, Astrid?” He smiled, showing off teeth. He pointed at his mug. “The supper… the supper is singing.” He gulped down another swallow. “It’s singing a most wonderful melody. Look, even the moon is joining in.”

Hiccup reached for the mug and took a sip. “You know, when Snotlout was small, he wasn’t as mean, but I remember...one year he started calling us names.”

Snotlout harrumphed. “You’re just making that up, skinny legs.”

“You’re a numbskull,” Hiccup shot back.

“Fishbone.”

“Troll.”

-dedicated to Shnuckles. Your fic made me laugh. Tuffnut was just hilarious XD-

Astrid groaned in annoyance. Snotlout and Hiccup stopped arguing. Hiccup dipped his finger into his mug, licking the drops off his finger. Snotlout took this chance to beg again. "Please, babe?" Snotlout pouted on the other end. "Just one drink."

A smile formed on her face and brightened her features. "Well, if it's just a drink you want, a drink is what you'll get." She filled the mug up to the brim, then dumped the liquid directly onto Snotlout's head. He sputtered, shaking his dripping head to dislodge the mead.

"Sheesh Astrid. Don't be so touchy." He spit on the floor. "What is this stuff anyways?"

But Astrid wasn't listening. Her attention went back to Hiccup, who was lying on his back, grinning. "I'm a dragon!" he shouted. "I'm flying!"

She had to admit that he was rather … cute.

Then something changed, and Hiccup stiffened. He thrashed his arms wildly, then -

————--

-dedicated to HideousZippleback. Your fics are unique and perfect that way, and I loved how you introduced the characters :-) -

"Please, just don't hurt Toothless!"

Drago laughed, a low chuckle. "Why not." And he plunged his knife into the dragon's heart.

Red liquid pooled onto the grass and stained the lush green. The Night Fury cried in pain. "Missing your human already, filthy beast?" He cackled. "He won't be seeing you again."

He kicked at the beast's side harshly. It yowled, not unlike a cat. Then its breathing stopped, and it was still.

Drago smiled at his prize, bearing a row of misshapen teeth. The blood of the dragon had stained his fingertips a dark crimson.

He wasn't in a hurry at all to wash it off.

-dedicated to Faerie_Dragon. The revelation was just …painful. *feels* Looking forward to the whole thing.-

"I'm going to kill you, dragon. I'm going to cut out your heart and take it to my father."

"You- you stole his heart, Mom." Hiccup staggered, pointing an accusative finger at Valka. "You broke it. You left for…for so long, Mom. And you never apologized! Never, not even to… me."

Valka appeared at his side. "I couldn't, Hiccup. You see this?" She showed him a long, jagged scar running down her back. "It grows every year. It grows whenever I attempt to go back to Berk. When it reaches my head, I'll die. You must leave Berk, Hiccup. It's cursed, and you're next."

He shook his head. "And what makes you so sure?"

"Because… because that's how the two Hiccup's before you died."

-dedicated to MudkipStar (or TokiMudkip). Your figurative language and your dragon language are beautiful.-

"I'm a Viking. I'm a Viking!"

The dragon waltzed around the pond, shooting up into the sky and leaving a trail of sparks in its wake. The dragon shook the blazing embers off in vain. The clouds parted way for the dragon, and the dragon opened up its maw in pain, squeezing her eyelids shut.

I'm a Viking, she reminded herself. A Viking.

But even as she said this, sparks were running up her face, encasing her in a dark hide. The hide of a Night Fury's.

The Vikings had shunned her after finding out her dragon-transforming ability. Hiccup had looked at her with anger blazing in his forest-green eyes. And he simply ignored her for the next few days. Forgetting her completely.

It wasn't entirely her fault. She had changed by accident, not by any purpose. Then again, she hadn't resisted to the urge, and she was still to blame in the end.

I'm sorry, Hiccup, for not telling you earlier, she thought, as her wings ceased and she plummeted into the icy water, ripples breaking the calm surface.

A voice called out to her from the murky depths.

Ai nesce kirgt lissre es.

I never forgot about you.

Et ai nesce vis.

And I never will.

Astrid smiled and shot back out, plumes of water flying out in the air. She turned to see the Night Fury peeking out from the trees.

"Hiccup?"

She bounded towards him and they touched noses, smiling at each other.

And she realized she wasn't a Viking anymore.

She wasn't ever going to be.

She was a dragon now.

-dedicated to SilaNightFury. I loved the interaction between your character and her dragon! <3-

"Everything we know about you guys…is wrong."

The little girl leaned forward from the limb she was residing in, and recoiled sharply, to the point of almost on the verge of falling off and hitting her head.

“Monstrous Nightmare,” she whispered, terrified. She quickly scrambled down the tree, careful of her step.

She wasn’t careful enough.

Her foot slipped, and she fell, skinning her knee. The Monstrous Nightmare jerked around, then proceeded to crawl her way. The girl cried as the mean dragon came closer. Its sharp teeth glinted in the sunlight, and she shut her eyes.

She felt its breath and heard its teeth gnashing together. And then it was gone.

The girl opened her eyes tentatively. The Nightmare had disappeared, leaving no traces behind.

Except for a piece of fish lying on the ground.

—————-

Hiccup woke up with a wet ice block to his forehead.

"What-what happened?" he murmured weakly.

"You drank too much, that's what happened. Got a fever, that's what happened." Astrid looked disappointed, but also concerned.

"You were screaming in your sleep. Are you feeling okay?"

Hiccup felt himself over. "I think I'm alright. Hey, where's Snotlout?"

Astrid laughed. "Don't you worry about him." She kissed his hot forehead. "Now get some sleep." She left the room.

Hiccup sighed. His nightmares were getting worse and worse, more vivid and threatening. Thankfully they weren't real. He got up to open the window; he was in lack of fresh air.

He heard an eerie voice towards the Great Hall.

He decided to take a look. Outside, the moon was shining brightly, emitting a pale glow over Berk. As Hiccup neared the hall, he realized it was singing.

Hiccup laughed and opened the door. “Snotlout, what are you-”

Snotlout wasn’t there. The singing voice went on.

Confused, Hiccup entered the building. Snotlout’s mug was still there, as well as Hiccup’s.

He walked to the table that he had sat a few hours before. His heart pounded and drummed in his ears.

The supper was still singing.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

Will you do a dedication to me? :$

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Toothless123
29 May 2014, 21:41
Will you do a dedication to me? :$
This one is for participants of the fanfic contest only, but you can request a short oneshot/drabble by using the PM system! B-)

TokiMudkip
Crazy ADHD 15 year old girl

OH OH ITS AMAZING

THANK YOU FOR THE SECTION DEDICATED TO ME IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAZIIIINNNNGGG

AND THE REST OF IT WAS AWESOME TOO

*exploded self explodes again*
I'm actually MudkipStar.

If I explode, don't be alarmed... I seem to be exploding a lot today...

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Sweet! Thank you so much! That was awesome and it totally was in the mood of my fic! Thanks berkside!

*huggles*

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

TokiMudkip
29 May 2014, 23:37
OH OH ITS AMAZING

THANK YOU FOR THE SECTION DEDICATED TO ME IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAZIIIINNNNGGG

AND THE REST OF IT WAS AWESOME TOO

*exploded self explodes again*
Spontaneous combustion? XD Thank you, you're welcome!
HideousZippleback
29 May 2014, 23:53
Sweet! Thank you so much! That was awesome and it totally was in the mood of my fic! Thanks berkside!

*huggles*
You're welcome as well! All of you deserve it! B-)

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

I just feel like exploding today *explodes multiple times*
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

Awwwwwww I am so honored! Thank you X3333333
^_^

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

No problem! :) I enjoyed writing the fic a lot.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I hope Dreamworks make Hiccup get drunk at some point. This would be so funny XD loved it! Congrats to all contest participants! :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.