Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Norse Nerds artwork
Topic Started: 09 Aug 2016, 16:09 (57193 Views)
The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Continues to create art for story I keep procrastinating on writing.

This one took me longer than usual but I really like how the background turned out :)

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Not only is night time lighting an ambitious undertaking, it's also one of the trickier lighting environments to tackle. However that didn't seem to phase you as your drawing is beautiful. ^_^ I agree with you wholeheartedly that the background came out fantastic. The clouds and moon peaking out from behind them with a slight glow about it, such as the one you'd get from a slightly foggy night, really helps capture the eye and set the mood.

The expressions you chose really helps bring life to the image and I can't help but wonder what led up to this encounter or what will transpire from it. The expression also fit really well with the mood set by the background. The highly contrasting colors and very thoughtful shading (as is required when working with a single light source, the moon) really helps bring all these elements together. And can I just say really awesome job with the catch light or rim light (which ever you call it) reflections along the tops of the dragons heads as well as the green dragons wing and outline of Freya's hair. (that's her name right? :ermm: ) This proves you really put a lot lot of thought into the shading. It's also very telling of your skill level ;)

Another thing that is rather enjoyable about all of your drawings is the color palette you choose. You never choose really vibrant, jarring colors but seem to tend to prefer softer more natural tones and shades. This drawing is no exception. In that respect your drawings are similar to HTTYD2 which also went for a softer color palette. I myself am more preferential to slightly desaturated colors.

What else can I say...as always keep up the fantastic work. <3

Oh and you keep making all of these wonderful drawings which is now making me want to read this story you are writing.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Wow :D what a pic :D
Awsome pic ^_^
What is the story between these three dragons in this pic?
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

NightoftheFury
12 Aug 2016, 05:10
Not only is night time lighting an ambitious undertaking, it's also one of the trickier lighting environments to tackle. However that didn't seem to phase you as your drawing is beautiful. ^_^ I agree with you wholeheartedly that the background came out fantastic. The clouds and moon peaking out from behind them with a slight glow about it, such as the one you'd get from a slightly foggy night, really helps capture the eye and set the mood.

The expressions you chose really helps bring life to the image and I can't help but wonder what led up to this encounter or what will transpire from it. The expression also fit really well with the mood set by the background. The highly contrasting colors and very thoughtful shading (as is required when working with a single light source, the moon) really helps bring all these elements together. And can I just say really awesome job with the catch light or rim light (which ever you call it) reflections along the tops of the dragons heads as well as the green dragons wing and outline of Freya's hair. (that's her name right? :ermm: ) This proves you really put a lot lot of thought into the shading. It's also very telling of your skill level ;)

Another thing that is rather enjoyable about all of your drawings is the color palette you choose. You never choose really vibrant, jarring colors but seem to tend to prefer softer more natural tones and shades. This drawing is no exception. In that respect your drawings are similar to HTTYD2 which also went for a softer color palette. I myself am more preferential to slightly desaturated colors.

What else can I say...as always keep up the fantastic work. <3

Oh and you keep making all of these wonderful drawings which is now making me want to read this story you are writing.

Thank you, I will try to keep writing the story soon! You can read what I have already written for it here >>> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11668802/1 ... gon-Riders
draco
12 Aug 2016, 09:28
Wow :D what a pic :D
Awsome pic ^_^
What is the story between these three dragons in this pic?
Thanks, the two vikings are enemies and their dragons would defend them with their lives. That's pretty much the story behind the picture :)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Horse legs are so weird I tried for like an hour to get them right XD Anyways here have a centaur I drew yesterday :D

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

School has finally started for me and I usually draw during class :P 8)

So I'll be posting my school sketches here :D

That's all for today but I'll probably make more tomorrow

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Two more :)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I made another today :)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

All of these are really beautiful. Your color palette is really amazing again :D . Also the background on this image is really pleasing to the eye:

I really like the shades of green and teal you used. <3 Also what are all of their names? ^)

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

The first one doen't really have a name and was one I just doodled out of boredom :)

The second one with the brown hair's name is Fern.

The black haired ones name is Thora.

The blonde girls name is Shadyfist.

And the man with the blonde hair's name is Tanni :D

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel