Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon-y Drawings!
Topic Started: 11 May 2014, 01:48 (20394 Views)
Fawnduu
Gronckle

Shnuckles
10 May 2014, 21:34
Someone here should teach me how to draw xD. I would pay that person 0 dollars!
why even offer a payment if it was just going to be zero dollars. I always say you never can be taught how to draw, only guided in the right direction
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

well my sister is much better at drawing than me so if you want I could give you a link to her deviantart page. she mostly draws cats/wolves though

but if you want advice, I learned how to draw people like my drawing of Jay from a book called "How to Draw Manga" and its sequel, "How to Draw More Manga". They are pretty useful for learning how to draw in that kind of style.
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

Fawnduu
Gronckle

MudkipStar
12 May 2014, 17:12
well my sister is much better at drawing than me so if you want I could give you a link to her deviantart page. she mostly draws cats/wolves though

but if you want advice, I learned how to draw people like my drawing of Jay from a book called "How to Draw Manga" and its sequel, "How to Draw More Manga". They are pretty useful for learning how to draw in that kind of style.
the best way to learn how to draw is to draw from life, the human form is extremely difficult for beginners because they vary so greatly and are so intricate. Start with still lives, try and draw a cup from your kitchen, its boring but the beginning stages of anything are boring, think of the tutorial levels of a game vs the conclusion. The conclusion is much more fun, same thing goes for drawing. You can also have one of your parents sit on the couch and watch tv, tell them not to move too much and draw them! LEARN REALISM AND DRAWING CORRECT PROPORTIONS BEFORE TRYING TO ABSTRACT THE FORM INTO SOMETHING CARTOONISH. Ive seen this so many times and its a terrible terrible mistake, you end up with 2 elbows instead of 1 etc. You cannot exaggerate or distort a form without knowing the original form you are distorting!

Whenever there is an animal that i am trying to create a character out of I find reference and fill around 4 or more pages of my sketchbook drawing them and understanding the shape of their body and movements. This creates a strong base for me to deconstruct and work from creating stronger and more appealing characters.

I wont go deeper into character design right now but the thing I want you to take away is, draw from life! If you draw from " how to draw manga" books you are limiting yourself to a distorted figure to start with, and someone elses style. Drawing from life allows you the freedom to draw however you want and explore what works best for you.

My Art Page
My Animations

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

One of my friend's drew this and she is gonna give it to me when we meet up again.
What do you guys think?

Her Tumblr.
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Shnuckles
10 May 2014, 21:34
Someone here should teach me how to draw xD. I would pay that person 0 dollars!
I will accept dee challenge! For a raise. >83
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

those are cool i wish i could draw

Gedx
Arwing Pilot

Faerie_Dragon
15 May 2014, 00:02
One of my friend's drew this and she is gonna give it to me when we meet up again.
What do you guys think?

Her Tumblr.
Pefect, colorful and very cool :D
Spoiler: click to toggle

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

Cbscriven
13 May 2014, 14:00
MudkipStar

the best way to learn how to draw is to draw from life, the human form is extremely difficult for beginners because they vary so greatly and are so intricate. Start with still lives, try and draw a cup from your kitchen, its boring but the beginning stages of anything are boring, think of the tutorial levels of a game vs the conclusion. The conclusion is much more fun, same thing goes for drawing. You can also have one of your parents sit on the couch and watch tv, tell them not to move too much and draw them! LEARN REALISM AND DRAWING CORRECT PROPORTIONS BEFORE TRYING TO ABSTRACT THE FORM INTO SOMETHING CARTOONISH. Ive seen this so many times and its a terrible terrible mistake, you end up with 2 elbows instead of 1 etc. You cannot exaggerate or distort a form without knowing the original form you are distorting!

Whenever there is an animal that i am trying to create a character out of I find reference and fill around 4 or more pages of my sketchbook drawing them and understanding the shape of their body and movements. This creates a strong base for me to deconstruct and work from creating stronger and more appealing characters.

I wont go deeper into character design right now but the thing I want you to take away is, draw from life! If you draw from " how to draw manga" books you are limiting yourself to a distorted figure to start with, and someone elses style. Drawing from life allows you the freedom to draw however you want and explore what works best for you.
I always epically fail when trying to draw from life... XP but yeah, I guess you're right. If you want to draw people that look like realistic people you should draw from life.
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

Fawnduu
Gronckle

MudkipStar
15 May 2014, 03:37
Cbscriven
13 May 2014, 14:00
MudkipStar

I always epically fail when trying to draw from life... XP but yeah, I guess you're right. If you want to draw people that look like realistic people you should draw from life.
Not just realistic people, characters and cartoons as well. I can tell you right now every top anime artist you see, does figure drawing, all cartooning majors MUST take figure drawing as a requirement, its not just for realism its for understanding human form and what proportions are going to look awkward in a horrible way. I tend to not draw finished pieces realistically, but i sketch from life constantly which helps my stylzed characters look better

My Art Page
My Animations

StaticTheSkrill
The Skrill of all Skrills...

Here are some of my drawings from my deviantART account.

I just, ah. I dunno.
Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!