Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Clay toothless[help?]
Topic Started: 14 May 2014, 19:04 (1416 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

So I have some clay... And I really wanna do Toothless, but I can't decide what pose to sculpt him in... Any suggestions?
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Fawnduu
Gronckle

i did a polymer sculpt of him last summer, the wings become the issue if you want them proportioned and in a good pose getting them to stay like that was a challenge. I also have never had a sculpture class so i was going off of pure instinct it came out alright.
i would say do him in the cute pose with his tongue out and split spines! the big wide open cute eyes.

this is mine, i didnt sand or paint out the roughs because i was unsatisfied with the results
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I'm no sculptor but if you're struggling to keep things like wings in place are you not supposed to use a thin metal wire/rod to help?
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Cbscriven
15 May 2014, 03:39
i did a polymer sculpt of him last summer, the wings become the issue if you want them proportioned and in a good pose getting them to stay like that was a challenge. I also have never had a sculpture class so i was going off of pure instinct it came out alright.
i would say do him in the cute pose with his tongue out and split spines! the big wide open cute eyes.

this is mine, i didnt sand or paint out the roughs because i was unsatisfied with the results
Yes! I should do that! That would be adorable xD thanks!
AndyMay
15 May 2014, 03:42
I'm no sculptor but if you're struggling to keep things like wings in place are you not supposed to use a thin metal wire/rod to help?
Yes, I know about that. I haven't started on it at all, I'm just trying to figure out what pose he should be in.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Wow, that's a really awesome sculpture you made there

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

What about in his cute sitting position?

I was thinking about doing something similar this summer, too (:

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

The way he's sitting in the scene where he makes Hiccup eat the fish
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns