Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Httyd Text
Topic Started: 24 Mar 2015, 17:52 (2709 Views)
NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Sure thing! ^_^ What do you need?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

NightoftheFury
24 Mar 2015, 21:52
Well, I was hoping you could do some for my YouTube channel; more specifically, do you think you could render some that say: 'Music Videos', 'Rescores', 'Spoofs', 'Let's Plays', and 'Subscribe!'? ^) :)
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

NightoftheFury

nightfury123
25 Mar 2015, 21:37
NightoftheFury
24 Mar 2015, 21:52
Well, I was hoping you could do some for my YouTube channel; more specifically, do you think you could render some that say: 'Music Videos', 'Rescores', 'Spoofs', 'Let's Plays', and 'Subscribe!'? ^) :)
No problem. :) Do you want them transparent again?
Oh and quick question: is 'Let's Plays' supposed to be Let's Play or an I missing something? :ermm:

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

NightoftheFury
26 Mar 2015, 04:57
No problem. :) Do you want them transparent again?
Oh and quick question: is 'Let's Plays' supposed to be Let's Play or an I missing something? :ermm:
Yep, I'd like them transparent again please. :) I forgot to ask that, actually...

It's supposed to be 'Let's Plays'. ;)
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

First of all, it's so cool to see another Blender user!
Nice work on the dragon scales texture! I remember trying to create it procedurally with voronoi patterns, buuut that didn't go so well. Anyway, I attempted to "recreate" the Dragons logo animation. Here's what I got in the end:

I hope you'll like it. :D
Special thanks to the HipChat boys who gave me some very valuable constructive criticism!
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Puff
25 Feb 2016, 15:07
First of all, it's so cool to see another Blender user!
Nice work on the dragon scales texture! I remember trying to create it procedurally with voronoi patterns, buuut that didn't go so well. Anyway, I attempted to "recreate" the Dragons logo animation. Here's what I got in the end:

I hope you'll like it. :D
Special thanks to the HipChat boys who gave me some very valuable constructive criticism!
Ohhhh that looks so cool. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

NightoftheFury

Huh wow :D . That's pretty great actually. ^_^ Did you do this in cycles? If so I'm totally going to ask how the dynamics were done.

Also it's great to see a fellow blender user in the fandom. I've slowly but surely been fighting the uphill batter that is leaning the likes of Blender Maya and Houdini FX. This summer I hope to get back to httyd 3D art because there are very few of us who actually do it. So props to you.

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

NightoftheFury
28 Feb 2016, 09:47
Huh wow :D . That's pretty great actually. ^_^ Did you do this in cycles? If so I'm totally going to ask how the dynamics were done.

Also it's great to see a fellow blender user in the fandom. I've slowly but surely been fighting the uphill batter that is leaning the likes of Blender Maya and Houdini FX. This summer I hope to get back to httyd 3D art because there are very few of us who actually do it. So props to you.
Hey thanks! :D Yeah, I did this entirely in Blender with Cycles, no other external software used (except for GIMP to export the render into a GIF).

As for the fire simulation, there are two domains - one for the plamablat explosion, the other for the actual fire. The wind effect was achieved by setting Toothless as a smoke obstacle, but since that wasn't enough, I another object that moves across the fire when Toothless arrives (it's also set as a smoke obstacle). Originally, I tried using the wind force field, but for some reason the fire didn't react to that.
I also separated the text into one object per letter, which allowed me to precisely animate the fire to gradually blow off, not all at once. Then it was only about getting lucky enough to get the simulation settings right. :)

I also figured out a way to distort the UV maps for the dragon scales texture on the text, to break up its uniformness. It's not visible in the tiny GIF, but you can see it here: link

If you want the blend file, I can send it to you. :D
Anyway, it'd be so cool to see more people doing these stuff! I've been around since 2013 (mostly on Tumblr though), and I've never met anyone who'd be doing 3D fanarts (at least I can't remember).
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me