Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Httyd Text
Topic Started: 17 Mar 2015, 02:06 (2627 Views)
NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

So I recently decided to try and recreate the outro text that we see in the trailers to say anything I want. After a little work this is what I came up with and needless to say I choose my words wisely ;)

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I like it. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Cool! :) Do you think you could release the font for us to use? :D
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

NightoftheFury

nightfury123
17 Mar 2015, 18:31
The actual font that DreamWorks uses is just Compacta Bold which you can download from here. But that just gets you the 2d typeface. In order to get the 3D look and textures I created the text with Blender and lit it in a 3D scene...

The final rendered output is what you gives you the DreamWorks look.

My eventual goal (and I really do mean eventual because this will takes some time) is to recreate this:

But with custom text, hence why I made this in 3D. However, if you want any text to look like this I'd be happy to render out an image(s) for you. :) Since I already made the scene/lighting/textures it's really only a matter of editing the base text.

nightfury123

NightoftheFury
18 Mar 2015, 05:26
nightfury123
17 Mar 2015, 18:31
The actual font that DreamWorks uses is just Compacta Bold which you can download from here. But that just gets you the 2d typeface. In order to get the 3D look and textures I created the text with Blender and lit it in a 3D scene...

The final rendered output is what you gives you the DreamWorks look.

My eventual goal (and I really do mean eventual because this will takes some time) is to recreate this:

But with custom text, hence why I made this in 3D. However, if you want any text to look like this I'd be happy to render out an image(s) for you. :) Since I already made the scene/lighting/textures it's really only a matter of editing the base text.
Thanks! :) But I have a program on my computer (it's just a photo editor really) that can change the outline and inside colour of a font that I've downloaded. So all I need to do is just download the font you gave me the link to; I don't need to trouble you for rendering an image :) But if you don't mind, you can render it for me if you want :D
I hope you achieve your eventual goal though, I'm sure it'll look really cool! ;)

NightoftheFury

It's no problem to render an image. Really. Did you want the text to say anything specific or simply nightfury123?

nightfury123

NightoftheFury
19 Mar 2015, 01:14
It's no problem to render an image. Really. Did you want the text to say anything specific or simply nightfury123?
I'd like it if you could get it to say that, yes, please. :) Is there a chance you could make it transparent too? :D

NightoftheFury

Alright so here is what I came up with...

The above is just a small version. You can download the high res versions for both the black and transparent backgrounds here. Let me know if you want and or need any changes. :) .

Oh, and as I was making these it got me thinking about your username which led me to wonder...what happened to the Toothless123 account?

nightfury123

NightoftheFury
20 Mar 2015, 04:29
Alright so here is what I came up with...

The above is just a small version. You can download the high res versions for both the black and transparent backgrounds here. Let me know if you want and or need any changes. :) .

Oh, and as I was making these it got me thinking about your username which led me to wonder...what happened to the Toothless123 account?
Thank you! :) This'll be very useful! ;)

And about my Toothless123 account; I explained what happened when I introduced my new username in my welcome thread. ^_^

nightfury123

Hey, NightoftheFury, I was wondering if you could render some more text for me? ;) :)