Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dragonimation
Topic Started: 01 Oct 2015, 21:52 (2624 Views)
JemWolf
Self-taught Artist Tries Her Best

Technically doesn't have to be dragons, but you know :P (Also, it can just be links to really neat animations that you'd like to share with others!)
Hiya, I'm JemWolf, and I'm in way too many fandoms.
~
I'm a Mormon, I know it, I live it, I love it.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Estae
Dragons!

This is my first of probably many haha.
(Sorry if there's a page stretch! ^) )

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

You did a great job. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

JemWolf

Great movement! You're already off on a great start!
~

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

You know, although gifs are all well and good, they do take away a lot of graphic value. If you are serious about animating, why not make a short story with your animation? If you do so I have a different way of animating which takes more memory, time, and effort, but ultimately gives you a much cleaner, more detailed picture so that you wouldn't lose all the glory of your art when it is finished like you would with a gif.

I did this with a series I used to do, a long long time ago, so I know it is possible. Only I did it with photo manipulations. Anyway, here goes.

With each slide (each layer for what would be the gif to make the animation) you must save them as seperate individual files. I advise naming them with numbers starting as

animation1
animation2

Etc.

If you are skilled in any video editor or not (you can even use windows movie maker) then import them to the video maker, and arrange them. Being pictures, (in windows movie maker) you can control the length of time they are on the screen.

If you would like an easy way to make sure they are all arranged with the same time frame, then put a bunch in without redoing their time frame, save to your computer, and repeat with all other files till you are finished.

Then, take the files, put them in a new windows movie maker project, and save

Finally, open the finished (exremely large and lengthy file) and select speed up by twice as many times as possible.

When you reach the limit, save. Delete the larger file if needed.

Open the new file and repeat.

Keep repeating until you have reached an acceptable speed.

Needless to say, if you don't want to do this, you are free to shorten the pictures to a short length individually and save yourself the time and effort, but this would require careful attention to make sure they are all the same length.

In the end, it is possible to make an animation. When you are finished save to your computer, and the product will be much prettier then it would be as a gif. Plus, you can upload your short story to youtube.

Of course, this is up to you if you want to do this. But I have all the faith in you that if you put your mind to it you could animate a short story.

Estae
Dragons!

Aw thanks guys! <3

Thenightandthefury:

Thanks for the tips! I love the art of animating, especially in 2D or handdrawn style. I just don't have so much time for it with going to college and all. :\ But maybe someday I'll do a full shortstory of something!! I'd love to, that would be like a dream come true haha.

The program I use is TVPaint, and it has an option where I could save is as a video file and be able to upload it to youtube at a much higher quality indeed. I just didn't use it here because the animation was just so short, it seemed like it would be better off as a .gif. ;)

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

GRT3
Dragon Egg

I'm working on a HTTYD rig on blender.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

GRT3
04 Nov 2015, 08:28
I'm working on a HTTYD rig on blender.
Are you creating a rig for a character? If so which one?

GRT3
Dragon Egg

The characters I am using in my rig are:

toothless
Stormfly
Meatlug
Hookfang
barf and belch
hiccup
astrid
ruffnut
tuffnut
snotlout

JemWolf

Dragon Animation

Dragon Animation

Here's a couple of my animations. They're kinda blurry, but I found out how to fix it for future videos, so that's good! ^_^
~