Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
would anyone want to make a peice of art for my fanfic
Topic Started: 17 Nov 2015, 10:58 (1538 Views)
sageman
Terrible Terror

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11498031/1 ... om-Norfolk

I cant really find a picture that i feel is perfect so i was wondering if anyone would like to make one for me.
I cant give you much only thanks, appreciation and credit.

Thanks

FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

JemWolf
Self-taught Artist Tries Her Best

What's the basic plot? Followup question, what do you feel would be fitting for a cover/title card? I kinda depends 'cause my skill-set is kinda limited. :)
Hiya, I'm JemWolf, and I'm in way too many fandoms.
~
I'm a Mormon, I know it, I live it, I love it.

sageman
Terrible Terror

Basic plot: two night furys turn two humans into night furys. However they are human in size (and in lots of pain) because a change like that should be painful, and the size change should be slow. To seem more realistic in my eyes.

Anyway a good portion will take place in an old abandoned chalk mine, and quarry.
What I originally wanted is maybe four night furys climbing/flying out of the gated entrance (which would be all bent inwards, like the training ring bars in httyd1.) Or something similar.
However Im now thinking the kind of detail that would be put in to such a piece of art, wouldn't come out well on the tiny thumbnail on the story.

Im now thinking a better option would be to show the 4 dragons flying round the quarry. I can get you pictures of the quarry hopefully this weekend (its both full of and surrounded by trees that have grown since abandonment about 100 years ago.) All of which don't have to be shown of course

I am however open to suggestions you're (or someone else) are going to be the one(s) drawing it for me.

Gated mine entrance. For scale an adult stands about 3/4 of the way up to the thicker 'middle' section

FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

sageman
Terrible Terror

sageman
18 Nov 2015, 18:35
I can get you pictures of the quarry hopefully this weekend
Wow I am soo sorry i haven't got round to this yet, Christmas is a very busy time for me.
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Lol, I'm looking at the pic and it looks like one of toothless's eyes staring back at you. :blink:
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see that!

Unfortunately. I am rubbish at drawing, so I can't really be of much use to you...
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

sageman
Terrible Terror

That is very strange, here's the link to the original pic.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2303821
As you can see i haven't played around with it, even stranger is the fact that this is the very mine featuring in my fanfic. Which Im hopefully going to start updating within the next few days.
FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE

sageman
Terrible Terror

Anyway a few more pictures for you all.

To the left a pathway, I doubt many who walk along it know about the mine hidden in the overgrown quarry. To the right there's a thick band of trees about 10 meters deep. Then a very steep 50 foot drop taking you into the quarry itself.

You can just see where the tunnel goes off to the right.

From memory this one splits left and right.

The sssi wasn't in force when I went in. I wouldn't condone trespassing where bats are present, you get in lots of trouble with big fines.

This place is much more overgrown than when I went a few years ago.

Here's a bit of scale for you.

Its nor very clear, but this is a 50 foot drop below me.

Lime kiln, something that will be briefly mentioned.

There was a tiny cottage close by, I'm not sure who used to live in it. Either way this is an Anderson shelter.

FIGHT WAR NOT WARS
DESTROY POWER NOT PEOPLE