Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Puff's CGI
Topic Started: 14 Mar 2016, 09:45 (22620 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Haha. Nice moves there, Hiccup! :P

But all honesty, I can see what you mean.... When I opened up the link, I just stared at it for a minute before saying 'oh' and I was like 'what is that...'. :)
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

DragonbackVoyager
13 Mar 2016, 18:28
That's so cool! (It's also pretty funny seeing Hiccup dance.) What did you use to capture the movement? I don't know a lot about it myself, but I have a friend who used an Xbox One Kinect Sensor a (long) while ago to capture movement for a short.
Hey thanks! Actually, I didn't do the mocap myself. I downloaded it from the internet (hence why it's not ideal). Kinect sensors are actually quite a good way to do homemade mocap (apart from other stuff). If I had the chance to get a Kinect, I'd definitely try it out!
Crystallion12
14 Mar 2016, 13:45
Haha. Nice moves there, Hiccup! :P

But all honesty, I can see what you mean.... When I opened up the link, I just stared at it for a minute before saying 'oh' and I was like 'what is that...'. :)
;)
Yeah, right. I had to post the mocap mapping fail, 'cause it's just too funny not to. :D Trust me, I stared at it probably the same way you did when I saw him doing that. Then I laughed hard.
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

Puff
Keep smiling.

Blender's actually capable of doing simple crowd simulations straight away. Here's what I came up with: link The birds were simulated as a crowd.
Not too much, but I guess it's not that bad. :D If you wonder if Hiccup will fall - he won't. It's the camera angle that makes it look like that. Also, I used seagulls in the background, because I don't have Terrors, and Smokebreaths looked bad.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Did you happen to use a boid particle system for that ? ^)

Puff
Keep smiling.

NightoftheFury
17 Mar 2016, 21:31
Did you happen to use a boid particle system for that ? ^)
Actually, yes. Boid particle system is a highly underrated feature in Blender (and underdeveloped), but even now it can be used for nice background crowd simulations. For example random birds flying about.

If someone wrote a plugin for Blender, more complex crowd simulations would be totally possible. The current boid system is really outdated, and I'm not sure if it will get an update. Maybe with versions 2.8x when they'll completely re-work the particle system code. Until then, we have to learn to work with what we have. :)

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Oh, my, gosh. That's amazing, and it's got to be my favourite Hiccstrid one so far.

PS- although, this might mainly be because Hiccup looks so badass in that picture... 8) :D :)
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Awesome job on the two hiccup and Astrid pics. :D
Hiccup dancing, lol :blink:
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Puff
Keep smiling.

It's been some time since last posted something here. Life's been busy. :(
But here goes; this time I practiced my animation skills: Download MP4
I never intended to make something this long, I was just animating, animating and animating until I realized I had 45 seconds of animation already. :D
Although there are a few mistakes I'm aware of, I'm quite satisfied with the result. I've learned a ton while doing this.

I hope you'll like it. ;)

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Wow! :O I feel like I just watched a little story unfold. Nicely done! :D Hiccup and Astrid were both so expressive, and all of the movements looked very natural (maybe with the exception of Hiccup laughing, but that might just be me and how I picture people acting :P ). That little added touch of the two of them swaying as they hugged was perfect. <3 I completely understood their expressions the whole time. Man, that was so awesome! :)

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Awesome job :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.