Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Puff's CGI
Topic Started: 23 Feb 2016, 07:17 (22322 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

DAWWW!!!!!!!!! 'Dying of adorableness over here'. I look forward to more!!!!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great job on the toothcup one :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. :)
Anyway, today I got home, and just randomly opened up Blender without any actual idea in mind. I somehow randomly ended up with this: link.
I experimented with lighting a bit, then filled up the empty space with a random quote (I'm bad with Photoshop). Totally random Blender session. ^_^
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

I LOVE YOUR LIGHTING. EVERY TIME. :) You have a fan, Puff.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Crystallion12

Wow... That sure was interesting, but I was a tad bit creeped out- his head is just on that angle, and I didn't see any green in his eyes... But that's nasty me nit-picking. For something you just came up with, I'm amazed. Keep up the great work!!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Really nice job on the cycles lighting Puff. Overall on all of the images I think you did a great job. One thing I'd like to point out...I see that on Astrid you used cycles strand rendering and hair particles to create the fur on her clothing. I really appreciate that. Most always I see people cheap out and just uv unwrap and use a 2D texture. I really like that you took the time to add that back in. :D . Also great job on the NPR stuff. It's something I've never explored but been meaning to. I have the feeling we might have to discuss some things about blender. It's not everyday that you meet a fellow blender 3D user in the httyd fandom.

P.S. I see you got that nice rim lighting down in the last post. :) .

Puff
Keep smiling.

DragonbackVoyager
26 Feb 2016, 21:45
I LOVE YOUR LIGHTING. EVERY TIME. :) You have a fan, Puff.
Aww, thanks!
Crystallion12
27 Feb 2016, 13:34
Wow... That sure was interesting, but I was a tad bit creeped out- his head is just on that angle, and I didn't see any green in his eyes... But that's nasty me nit-picking. For something you just came up with, I'm amazed. Keep up the great work!!
The eyes actually reflect the area light source located behind Hiccup. That's why no green is visible there. Yeah, maybe I should've done something about that. Thanks for the thought!
NightoftheFury
28 Feb 2016, 10:00
Really nice job on the cycles lighting Puff. Overall on all of the images I think you did a great job. One thing I'd like to point out...I see that on Astrid you used cycles strand rendering and hair particles to create the fur on her clothing. I really appreciate that. Most always I see people cheap out and just uv unwrap and use a 2D texture. I really like that you took the time to add that back in. :D . Also great job on the NPR stuff. It's something I've never explored but been meaning to. I have the feeling we might have to discuss some things about blender. It's not everyday that you meet a fellow blender 3D user in the httyd fandom.

P.S. I see you got that nice rim lighting down in the last post. :) .
I'm not a fan of polygon hair either, unless it's NPR. Astrid's hair could be much better, but it's the resources of my computer that are slightly limiting me, so I had to make compromises. But yeah, it's a nice touch to the models. I did it with the HTTYD1-era Hiccup and Astrid too years ago when I was doing 3D fanarts.

Actually, my lighting is usually very minimalistic. I think I never used more than one well-placed sun light in all the renders I referenced above (except for the night scene where I think I used two directional lights, and a little area light for the fire). And, of course, there's also the environment light coming from the sky.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for a discussion about Blender! I guess you can throw me a PM whenever you like.

Thanks for the support! :)

Puff
Keep smiling.

I discovered that Blender can morph between two object shapes. And so this idea was born, as well as a brand new protagonist. :D
Meet Stoick Hofferson-Haddock

EDIT: This is merely a teaser. More to come!

Theotherunknown
There were dragons, when I was a boy...

Wow, these are great! I will admit that Astrid's hair looks just a little off, but amazing besides that. :D
How many times must I fix my signature over the years?

Crystallion12

Ok, that one was amazing. Aside from Astrid's little mohawk there, :P , it was beautiful! Can't wait for more!

Crystallion12.