Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Puff's CGI
Topic Started: 29 Feb 2016, 11:22 (22549 Views)
Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

Rider ranger47
29 Feb 2016, 02:15
Wow, these are great! I will admit that Astrid's hair looks just a little off, but amazing besides that. :D
Crystallion12
29 Feb 2016, 07:21
Ok, that one was amazing. Aside from Astrid's little mohawk there, :P , it was beautiful! Can't wait for more!
Astrid's hair in general can look a LOT better, unfortunately my notebook's resources (mostly the amount of RAM) are limiting me, so I have to make compromises.
Uh, when I look at the last picture, yeah, her hair has a bit wrong shape. How could I miss that? :ermm: I'll watch out for it in the future.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, really! It helps me to keep improving! :D
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Puff
Keep smiling.

I was learning how to work with NPR in Blender today. :D I tried to do this sketchy render: link

It's not at all what I expected, I guess the NPR has a lot of secrets I haven't discovered yet. Maybe it's meant as a complementary addition to either Cycles or BI, not as a standalone renderer.

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Damn. That's pretty cool!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great job :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Puff
Keep smiling.

It's been some time now. I've been struggling a bit, but anyway I came up with something: link
Inspired by: http://weheartit.com/entry/6988740
I was unable to trace this image to its original upload, so I can't give any better credit than this.

Ugh, this one was painful. This seemingly innocent image took over 50 minutes to render because of SSS shaders applied on Hiccup's and Astrid's faces, and because of higher resolution hair. Plus, I had to do five re-renders. Booh. But hopefully it was worth the wait! :D
Also, thank you guys for your support. :)

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Oh my gosh, that is probably your best one yet! So worth it, Puff! It's just so... So... CUTE!!!!!!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

berkstimberjack
Dragon Egg

Great! And really impressive ;)

Toothless the nightfury
Deadly Nadder

incredible as always puff and glad to help

Puff
Keep smiling.

Today, I learned that working with Motion Capture in Blender isn't the easiest thing to do. Let's say it's a bit buggy. Everything depends on the mocap source files though, so this isn't Blender's fault (not entirely anyway).

And when I say buggy, I really mean this: link :)

Either way, with proper mocap sources, this will probably work just fine! I still have to do more research.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

That's so cool! (It's also pretty funny seeing Hiccup dance.) What did you use to capture the movement? I don't know a lot about it myself, but I have a friend who used an Xbox One Kinect Sensor a (long) while ago to capture movement for a short.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D