Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
HTTYD Drawing Challenge
Topic Started: 03 Apr 2016, 15:15 (3733 Views)
Mac
Dragon Egg

Hi guys

I've always wanted to be able to draw, but can't. So today I've decided to try and improve on the little drawing skills I have (we're talking stick figures here people) by posting all of my work in this thread, and what better way than to draw Toothless / Dragons / HTTYD themed things!

The overall aim is to get better at drawing and hopefully I'll be able to get some feedback from you all. (and be able to draw some awesome dragons like > :D )

Hows it going to work?
The aim is to draw 'something' HTTYD themed every 3 days, starting off by following tutorials online, and then hopefully working onwards from there.

So, I'll be posting a tutorial to follow or 'character/dragon/etc' to draw. Then I/(we?) have 3 days to post the drawing up before the next challenge. (I'll also be posting the video of me drawing it out on YouTube :) )

Obviously if anyone else actually wants to join in with the challenge that would be cool! It would be great to see everyone drawing out the task I've set, good or bad! Hopefully we'd then all learn from each other, or at least thats the idea :P

First tutorial to follow is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EX5GB6NC8

Let me know your thoughts / questions / feedback!

Mac
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

Nice idea! Some people should definitely come along. ;)
I won't though, sorry. I don't have that much time. And it'd probably end up in a disaster in my case anyway (really); I prefer to do this in 3D. ^_^

Good luck with this challenge though!
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

I'm with Puff on this one... my drawing skills aren't the best. Once upon a time I used to be alright, but that ship has sailed and whatever skills I had have rusted into oblivion. Like Puff, I prefer to work and create in 3D.

However... ^)

I always see people draw pretty amazing things around this form (i.e. The Norse Nerd) and after admiring those I've realized that I still have a love for 2D art. So that being said, I think I'll be joining you ^_^ . I won't be able to right away because exam craziness starts fairly soon, but once thats done I'll get started and try to resurrect my drawing skills. It probably won't happen until the end of May but I'll be sure to join you (that is if you are still going by that point).

So be sure to post your progress because I'll be interested in knowing how it's going.

Mac
Dragon Egg

Thanks Puff! Haha I like your Toothless drawing ;)

Yeah I've had a look through some of the previous posts and found The Norse Nerd's work really impressive.

I've always wanted to learn / understand the basics of the whole 3D pipeline like modeling, rigging, textures, animation etc but thought I'd start with 2D first :P

That sounds like a good plan NightoftheFury :) (good luck with your revision/exams!)

I'll be posting my first drawing soon!

Mac
Dragon Egg

First sketch! (Following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EX5GB6NC8)

Links:
Image (Dropbox)
Video (Dropbox)

Puff
Keep smiling.
:)

Wait what? You're talking stick-figures?! Wrong. Dude, that drawing is amazing! :D Never ever say you can't draw!

But constructive criticism, the next step on your journey should be focusing on Toothless' paws in future drawings. That will truly make a difference. ;)
Awesome job seriously, keep it up!

And don't say you can't draw, seriously. :D
Blender is my <3 (my CGI thread)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me

Mac
Dragon Egg

Haha, thanks Puff :)

Yeah good point, I'll focus on his paws in the next challenge!

Next one is http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-Toothless (Toothless (regular))

Mac
Dragon Egg

Second sketch! (Following http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-Toothless (Toothless (regular)))

Focused on his paws a bit more, but still could do with improving! :)

Links:
Image (Dropbox)
Video (Dropbox)

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great job :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

You've done a really great job on both of these! I can guarantee that you really can draw - especially if you compare yourself to me (really, my drawings are terrible).

My one comment about the first one is that Toothless's tail looks a little bit off. I think it may be a little small? But otherwise they both look great!

Looking forward to see what else you can do!

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.