Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
OC Dragon Species
Topic Started: 20 Aug 2016, 09:14 (3633 Views)
The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

These are all so creative :D I love all the colors and how different each dragon looks!

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

The Norse Nerd
20 Aug 2016, 13:14
These are all so creative :D I love all the colors and how different each dragon looks!
Thankyou! My personal favourite of the ones listed above is either the Paradise or the Magyk.

The Magyk has very mysterious abilities, very intelligent and rare- they also have a lot of lore behind their kind, one legend specifying how one guarded the sacred temple on top of the highest mountain (possibly Mt.Everest). Every living creature that entered under its roof was blessed and protected, as only the good could enter. This is a common legend and folklore of both Dwarves and Light Elves, the latter being more specific. The Dwarves' story is very vague and just describes the dragon protecting the innocent, rather than living under a sacred roof.

As for the Paradise, they also have a rich culture... A very sad one, granted, but one regardless. After being discovered by some of the very first Dragon Riders of Hawaii (before they were ended and wiped out), they were labeled as the 'Paradise' species, most likely for their beautiful colouring and peaceful nature. However, this allowed for some very cruel people, their ringleader being a horrible man named Jhou Stadok, to come up with the idea that this dragon could lead them to the actual paradise. This led to them capturing one, chaining it up in the lower deck of a ship, and abusing it, starving it, and torturing it, hoping that it would somehow give them the answers. Obviously, they didn't, so this practise continued until the man and his crew were caught and executed for their crimes. However, this only seemed to fuel those who heard, and being the stupid humans they were, did the same. None succeeded in tehir task, and sadly, despite everything, the practise of marketing Paradise dragons, parts, and eggs still goes on in Market, officially making them endangered... Let's just say the Draconians aren't pleased.

So yes, very sad one at the end, but hey, it's a dark AU. Thanks for the compliments!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Thanks!!! Awesome!!! 8) I have plenty more dragons too. :)
Bear the flame

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Heather the Berserker
20 Aug 2016, 20:30
Thanks!!! Awesome!!! 8) I have plenty more dragons too. :)
Can't wait to see them, Heather! <3
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Yokay here's another. :)
Shellsnatcher

Class: Mystery
Info: This tiny dragon spends most of its time inside its shell, as its scales are very soft. It usually starts out in a very small shell, often from a snail, and as it grows, it must find a new shell to fit inside. If it can't find an empty shell, it will sometimes attack a snail and eat it out of its shell so it can live in it, but it only does this if necessary. Its feet secrete a special sticky substance, which is very strong, and keeps the dragon in its shell. It can release its feet when it wants to, but a predator trying to get it out will have no luck.
Trivia: It is based on an unknown Nanodragon from the Complete Guide to the Dragon Species.

Bear the flame

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

Crystallion12
20 Aug 2016, 00:06

Species Name: Magyk
Categories
Location/s:
-Cudrist Mountains, Vanaheim.

Rarity: Epic.

Weight: 6000lbs (on average, adult)

Size (on average, adult): 93'2 feet long, 140 foot wingspan.

Colour Variations:
Prominent colour (seen as pink, above) is either pink, purple- typically lilac- blue, or green. Fins and 'fur' (seen as gold above) are gold or silver, most commonly bronze. Eyes typically blue (Fairywing is blind, but had blue eyes). Wings are rainbow coloured. Claws grey or brown- gems can be any colour.

Abilities:
Invisibility, Telepathy, Illumination, Magic Burst, Expandable Jaw, Physic, Echolocation, Fire Blast, Plasma Blast.

Hidden Abilities:

Extraordinary Senses, Extreme Speed, Siren's Call, Fire Jacket/Flame Coat.

Relatives (dragon species):
Sunrise Sparkle, Polar Serpent.

Age Span:
Unknown- estimated to be at least a thousand years.

Fire Type:
-Plasma Blast; Acetylene and Oxygen shaped blasts (shot limit- 9)

-Magnesium fueled fire blasts (often coloured green)

Ancestral Origins:
Unknown

Gender Ratio :
Female- 48.9 %
Male- 51 %
Genderless- 0.1 %
Forms
Life Cycle
Hatching/Incubation Time: Unknown- possibly years.

Training Difficulty/Compatibility: Varies, but is generally hard because they are reclusive, few in numbers, and seen as solitary or sometimes shy of a species.
It sounds awesome!
Crystallion12
20 Aug 2016, 00:19
They are both sooo pretty ^_^
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers

Ocean Rose
Over whelmed: Too many fandoms. How am I even alive?

Heather the Berserker
09 Aug 2016, 18:46

Species name: Amberserpent
Class: Tidal
The Amberserpent can only be found in the Amber-Slavelands on Uglithug Island. It lives in caverns underneath the beach. Its lair is filled with pretty things, which it likes to collect, such as amber. It tunnels under the sand, leaving a thin layer so prey will step into it. All of the booby-trap tunnels lead to the main room, where the Amberserpent is always waiting. Its breath so hot it can use it to melt sand into glass. It uses this ability to line the walls of its tunnels with glass. If it is not hungry, it will trap the prey alive in a glass column for later. It does not like dead food, instead it prefers its meals fresh.
Trivia: It is based on the Monster of the Amber-Slavelands, from the books. Its design is also inspired by the Breathquencher.
Hmmmm....Now I'm wondering what they would look like in comparison :huh:
Heather the Berserker
16 Sep 2016, 02:56
Yokay here's another. :)
Shellsnatcher

Class: Mystery
Info: This tiny dragon spends most of its time inside its shell, as its scales are very soft. It usually starts out in a very small shell, often from a snail, and as it grows, it must find a new shell to fit inside. If it can't find an empty shell, it will sometimes attack a snail and eat it out of its shell so it can live in it, but it only does this if necessary. Its feet secrete a special sticky substance, which is very strong, and keeps the dragon in its shell. It can release its feet when it wants to, but a predator trying to get it out will have no luck.
Trivia: It is based on an unknown Nanodragon from the Complete Guide to the Dragon Species.
It is so adorable!
You want my tears
Every messy word
Every scar and every fear
You want all I have, with no holding back
When I'm hurt, at my worst.
You meet me there
'Cause You see the beauty
In my broken prayers
--- Riley Clemmons; Broken Prayers