Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Draw someone else
Topic Started: 30 Oct 2018, 03:15 (13052 Views)
NightFury2001
Has left

After 3000 years, the new forum is up, and we can finally start this thread!

So, as the title says this is where you can draw someone else's OC! I'm not sure if I'm completely done with the rules, but here's how it's going to work for now at least:

-Instead of one person posting an OC, then another person drawing that OC and posting their own etc., I've decided to go with something a bit different. After someone posts an OC, everyone will draw that one OC for around 5 days, then someone else can post an OC and we'll move onto that one. However, we won't move on until an OC gets at least a few drawings, and you have to wait a while before being able to post an OC again after yours gets drawn. I feel like this approach might be more fun, allows one person to get multiple drawings on their OC in different art styles, and it also allows those who don't want to draw the ability to participate.

-When posting your OC, at the very least give basic info about their appearance so people know what to actually draw, posting drawings of them if you have any would also be nice. Including info about their personality/abilities/etc. is also helpful as it gives people a better idea of your OC, and might inspire someone to come up with a cool pose or scenario to draw them in. While you may only post one OC at a time, if an artist is feeling like it, they are welcome to include other characters if they feel like it. For example if someone posts a dragon rider OC someone may want to draw their dragon with them instead of just drawing the rider.

-Please make sure it's actually an OC, and not an AU version of Toothless but his eyes are one shade lighter. I may have events in the future for things like creative AUs or something, but for now this is only for actual OCs. The OC can be from any existing franchise, or an entirely original creation.

-Feel free to post art even if it's just a stick figure drawing! This is all for fun so don't feel bad if you don't think your art is amazing. You don't have to make a super detailed colored drawing with a complex background if you don't want to/have the skills to make it.

-Lastly, be nice and stick to the forum rules. Probably doesn't need to be said, and I trust y'all, but still. Please don't post any art or OCs that are too "adult", and please don't insult someone else's art.

That's it for now...can't really think of anything else. I'll probably update this later, so stay tuned.

I hope this ends up being successful and we have a lot of fun! :toothless:

Finished OCs:
Little Moon (NightFury2001)
Oliver (Night_Stalker)

Current OC: Zoltan (Light Fury)

Next up: Lucina (Whitefang)

Wait list:
Winter (Sparrowhawk)
Browneyes (Dragondog)
Adlar (Heather the Berserker)
James (NightFury2001)
Zoya (Light Fury)
Last edited by NightFury2001 on 28 Nov 2018, 08:29, edited 7 times in total.
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightFury2001
Has left

Since I'm the OP, of course I'm gonna make one of my OCs the first one lol. After thinking about it for a bit, I have decided on...

Little Moon!

Everyone seems to love her, so why not?

So if you don't know, Little Moon is my baby albino Night Fury OC. She is smol and precious. How can you not love her?

(Warning very big image that I'm too lazy to resize at the moment.)
Spoiler: click to toggle

More info about her

She also appeared in the story I'm writing...I'll link to that in a bit. I'm sure most of the people who are interested in drawing her have read it already anyways. xD

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I had so much fun drawing her!! I made her a little big bigger than a tiny baby, hope that's okay with you. Hope you like it! <3

Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

NightFury2001
Has left

Whitefang
30 Oct 2018, 04:36
I had so much fun drawing her!! I made her a little big bigger than a tiny baby, hope that's okay with you. Hope you like it! <3

LOOK AT MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTER AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Thank you so much, she looks amazing! <3 <3 <3

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Little Moon and Toothless.
Clouds of corn <3

NightFury2001
Has left

Tuffnut'sChicken
31 Oct 2018, 14:40
Little Moon and Toothless.
Aww! She's so smol there. xD Thank you, it's really cute! :)

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Alright so I have been planning on making a new oc so Ill just post it here cause why not and wanna help get this thread started.

Name: Oliver
Race: Berkian, dragon rider
Hight: 5'11
Hair: dark brown, short hair
Eyes: hazel
Clothing: dark blue sleve under-tunic with a brown tank top overshirt with a hood, brown leather vambraces (for both forearms). Black pants with metal kneepads. brown fur boots.
Weapon of choice: Bow and Arrows, quiver on back.

Personality: introverted, loyal, likes books and knowledge. Skilled in tracking and archery.

Dragon (optional): Skrill
Name: Storm
Color: grey under belly and black fade to blue scales
(dont have to draw Storm just included her just in case someone was willing or intrested in doing both)

Any questions just let me know, i dont mind if anyone changes or adds clothing items or styles. you all have free reing i just want to see what you all come up with

OC: Oliver and Storm

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

@NightFury2001

So do we have a system for who has their turn when? I just mean if someone wants to post their OC, but someone else gets to it first, do they just wait a few days and then hope to have a chance before someone else does, or should they say, "Hey, if it's okay, can I go next after so-and-so's done?"

Does this make sense? :huh: :P
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

NightFury2001
Has left

Dragondog
01 Nov 2018, 02:14
@NightFury2001

So do we have a system for who has their turn when? I just mean if someone wants to post their OC, but someone else gets to it first, do they just wait a few days and then hope to have a chance before someone else does, or should they say, "Hey, if it's okay, can I go next after so-and-so's done?"

Does this make sense? :huh: :P
Yeah I plan on having a sort of queue, probably determined by who posts first lol. For example Night_Stalker would be next up as they are the 2nd person to post an OC.

Light Fury
Cape Starling

NightFury2001
01 Nov 2018, 02:54
Yeah I plan on having a sort of queue, probably determined by who posts first lol. For example Night_Stalker would be next up as they are the 2nd person to post an OC.
So, it would be really good if you could work out the details for this :) . I was planning on posting my OC here, but Night_Stalker beat me to it >:( :P . Perhaps a 3 art contribution threshold before next person can post their OC?

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.