Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Book Of Dragons: Project Scribe
Topic Started: 02 May 2019, 02:42 (11153 Views)
Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Project scribe is being put on hold for the next few weeks, until I get out of school. Finals are here and my work load is just uggh!! >:(

On top of this my contact for the book is AFK so hopefully I hear from them soon, but like I said the project gonna be on hold for about three weeks. Sorry fellow riders :'(

OC: Oliver and Storm
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Night_Stalker
02 May 2019, 02:42
Project scribe is being put on hold for the next few weeks, until I get out of school. Finals are here and my work load is just uggh!! >:(

On top of this my contact for the book is AFK so hopefully I hear from them soon, but like I said the project gonna be on hold for about three weeks. Sorry fellow riders :'(
That's fine :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

So just a quick update the person I'm talking to on Etsy apparently has this project on there bucket list as a project they really want to do. So now that were back to talking were both really excited to get started. There are some details that need to be worked out but and a budget needs to be set, its looking really good and I'm so excited !!

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

That's great! :D
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Fantastic! :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Book has been ordered !!!

:D :D ^_^ 8)

The size is not really what I wanted (5.75x9 inches, Would've preferred 8inx11in) but the price is good and everything is being made by hand from the leather work to the paper itself.

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

Ooooh! Sounds neat! Weird question, but is it any particular kind of paper?
Clouds of corn <3

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Its deckle edged sketch paper that's going to be tea stained.

I only say its hand made paper because that's what the crafter told me when I asked about the paper and what style I wanted. They outsource the paper to another crafter or company who makes their own paper apparently.

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Update:

Officially moved back into my home so its back to Project Scribe!!

Getting back to the information gathering in three classes down so about halfway there. I also printed out a bunch of sketches and images of all the dragons so gonna start tracing them and making the blanks for the transfer Paper but it not high on the to do list as of right now.

My contact making the book has the paper together and is working on the 3D prints for the stamp.

Night_Stalker
Dragon Trainer class 5

Update:

Book is being finalized and should be shipped by mid next week!!

Started printing out and tracing sketching of certain (less complicated) dragons to transfer onto the book when it gets here.

*The project will soon be in full commencement and the excitement is quite high*