Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Legend Of Scale Chapter 2
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 14:08 (1899 Views)
Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 2

Pain, desperation, sorrow. Hiccup lie on the ground, in a pool of his own blood. This is how he would go down? The moment he leaves Berk, the moment he leaves the people who save him on a daily bases, he dies? Dragon island. That's where he lies. No wonder Toothless didn't want to come hear, and Hiccup thought it would be the perfect place to hide from Stoick... to hide from all of his pain. He did it, however, the dragons were free, the Red Death was killed.

Hiccup was drifting in and out of reality, everything seemed blurry. Scales was supposed to make him a man to remember, but now, he wished he was still on Berk. Toothless? Where was he. Oh Thor, if he died... Hiccup didn't want to think about it. He couldn't think. He tried, Thor knows he did, but sleep overtook Hiccup. His eye lids became to heavy and he fell into a black hole, filled with sadness, horror, pain, and regret.

{With Astrid Hofferson}

It was an early morning on Berk and some people were still out looking for Hiccup. Astrid didn't tell them more then what she thought was necessary. The only thing that left her lips were, 'Hiccup's missing,' that was all she thought was important. She figured that she'll respect Hic -no, wait- Scale's secret, honestly, it was the least she could do for the boy. After all, it was her and Berk that drove him away, might as well do one thing to honor the poor lad.

She hated herself. She prided herself for being the strongest among her piers, but when you get down to it, she was weak. She wasn't strong enough to stand by Hiccup when he needed her most, and now, Hiccup was dead and Scale was born. She could tell something snapped with in him, it was easy to tell. The way his emotions showed on his face, it wasn't the kind, loving Hiccup, but the raw and sheer anger of Scale. She just hopped he was O.K.

Astrid wasn't herself that day, and probably wouldn't be for a long while. She walked through the village, no ax, and no shoulder pads. Just her spiked skirt and a blue shirt with darker blue bands running horizontal across her T, that was it, she didn't even sport her headband. She also didn't walk with her head held high, but kept it pointed at the ground. She lost her confidence, when Hiccup left, he took something from her and she didn't know what it was.

Walking through the village she saw other vikings, ones that weren't searching for Hiccup. They didn't even seem the least bit upset. Where was she living where a clan doesn't care when one of their own goes missing? She felt small, really small. Her and Hiccup were of the same body type, skinny. Only she knew how to fight. She taught herself everything she knew. She stopped at the bottom of the steps that lead up to the Great Hall, she never noticed how high up it was, it just made her feel smaller... weaker. Is this how Hiccup felt? Oh, why did she be such a jerk to him, he looked up to her, heck, he liked her and she pretended that he didn't even exist. She was disgusted with herself, what kind of person does that to someone? Guess she wasn't the only one, everyone in the village had had bad feeling towards Hiccup. Well, looks like they wont need to worry about him anymore, Scale, on the other hand, they might want to look out for him.

She entered the Great Hall, even the doors seemed bigger. She hated feeling so small. Other vikings were seated and were talking about current events, from what she could tell, none were about Hiccup. Astrid saw her friends at a table eating breakfast. She was kind of worried to go over there, everyone knew that she was the last one to see Hiccup, who knew what kind of questions she would be pestered to answer?

She was nervous, visibly nervous, almost as if she was hiding a huge secret -which she was-. Astrid decided it would be better to have breakfast back at her house, but, when she turned to leave, Fishlegs saw her. Being a kind, gentle giant that he is, he invited her over to sit with them. She had no choice but to except. Giving a nod of approval toward her friend, she sauntered over.

She sat down, in-between Fishlegs and Ruffnut. Snotlout and Tuffnut sat opposite from them. They immediately noticed the lack of armor. Ruff even noticed her difference in character, but would keep that to herself for now.

"Hey, babe, what's up with the get up?" Snotlout asked. Astrid glared daggers at him for questioning her look and calling her babe, not that she wasn't, she just didn't like it when Snotlout hit on her. Her bangs covered her left eye as it always does, it became a natural instinct to put back into place behind her ear. She did, then answered Snotlouts question.

"Just didn't feel like putting all that extra wight on, makes me feel a bit sluggish," she answered like it was no big deal. Snotlout didn't press it, seemed like a boring thing to argue on anyway. The teens started to eat what they got for breakfast, which was just some kind of porridge. Astrid hadn't gotten anything, so she just snatch an apple from Tuff's plate, he gave a grunt of disagreement, but everyone knew he hardly ate anything healthy.

"So, Astrid, anything else you want to tell us about Hiccup?" Ruffnut asked. She knew her only female companion was hiding something and was determined to exploit it. Astrid grew uneasy, she wasn't normally like this, but for some reason, Hiccup struct a cord deep inside her that she did her best to keep buried. She used her left hand and rubbed her right arm, not wanting to get into this discussion. She noticed that they were still waiting for an answer, so she gave them one.

"Not much to tell," she lied," last I saw him he was taking a rowboat out to sea. I was to late to stop him." She hoped that would suffice, but no, she made a terrible mistake. Hopefully they were to stupid to catch on.

"That's not what you told Stoick," Fishlegs said. Damn it, she just dug herself into a huge hole. A few sweat globs ran down her forehead, she needed to get out of hear.

"Listen, guys, I would love to play twenty questions with you, but I need some fresh air," she quickly got up out of her seat. This was meant with disagreements from the other teens. When they tried to get up to follow her she snapped around and yelled, "listen! I just need some time by myself and to think." She turned back around and stormed out of the Great Hall. That was to close for comfort, she almost blew Hiccup's secret, and on the first day of his being gone no less.

She went back to the cove to rest and think. When she got their, she stopped to look around. This is where it happened, this is where Scale was born, this is where she lost a piece of her. What was it about that boy that could get the mighty Astrid Hofferson like this? She sat and thought, thinking about anything, but mostly Hiccup. She knew that something snapped in him, something bad. She feared that all of those hurt emotions would come back to bite the village in the butt. Not to mention, if he could train a Night Fury, then he could train any dragon he wanted, he could attack Berk with an army of dragons if he wanted.

Sitting in the cove, thinking about what had happened yesterday, she noticed a black scale on the ground. Must have come from the dragon Hiccup rode off on. Then she noticed more, and even a few footprints, even the tell tale signs of a camp site. If Stoick found this place, he might put together Hiccup's secret. She decide that that secret would die with her, the one thing she could do for Hiccup.

{With Stoick}

Stoick, along with his brother, Spitelout, and his longtime friend, Gobber, marched through the woods of Berk. Swatting at low hanging branches to get them out of their way. Stoick was in-front, then Spitelout and Gobber brought up the rear.

They had been looking for Hiccup for ages. Stoick did his best to keep on a brave face, but he couldn't stop thinking the worst. His stomach twisted and churned with fear and anger for not being there. Gobber had tried to tell him that their was nothing he could have done, but Stoick was stubborn. Sure, Hiccup could handle himself in dragon training, but he was still the same, clumsy Hiccup.

Berks forest wasn't to thick, but they were deeper then they ever were and the trees, bushes and even some vines were starting to limit their view. Stoick couldn't stop, wouldn't stop. Not until Hiccup was safe back at home, once he was, Stoick was never going to let him leave. Hiccup all but gave him a heart-attack.

Complaining was starting to grow among Stoick's companions. They had been searching all through the night, checked all the caves on raven point and were now double checking the forest. The group used to be 10 full grown men and women, but they had thinned down to just three.

"Just a little bit farther men. Hiccup has to be hear somewhere," Stoick said, reassuring the men that they were almost done in their search. The company groaned, they knew Stoick was set on finding that boy. Even when Gobber and Spitelout went home, Stoick would still be searching.

They came across a cove. It was pretty place, had a lake that was fed by a small waterfall that came out of the rock, which made up the walls of the cove. But, it wasn't the cove that caught everyone's attention, it was the girl in the cove. She hadn't noticed them and continued what she was doing. This confused Stoick the most, it looked like she throwing stuff into the lake. The search group was close to the ground to make sure the girl, realized to be Astrid, didn't see them. They squinted their eyes', trying to see what she was tossing into the lake.

First, it was just some burnt wood, but then, she found a charcoal pen. She didn't throw that into the water, but slid it into the waist band of her skirt. Safe keeping's, Stoick guessed. Wait! Astrid Hofferson is the toughest girl in berk, and he meant that. She would much rather be in the woods, throwing axes at trees, making them wish they had never sprouted out of the ground. And, it looked like she was getting rid of a campsite. It took a bit for Stoick to put two and two together, after all, he was viking, not a genius. Astrid was getting rid of evidence that involved Hiccup, which meant she knew what happened to him and was scared to tell. Astrid was very mature and believed in the viking way full hardly, it must have taken something really bad for her not to tell. Still, that was no excuse, Astrid knew what happened to his son, and if she knew what was good for her, she'll tell.

Stoick, Gobber and Spitelout stealthy made their way down the rock wall, unbeknownst to Astrid. She stopped, looked at her work, and sighed. Stoick guessed that she thought she had done a pretty good job at covering Hiccup's tracks. The three men stood behind her, glaring daggers at her back. Astrid could feel it, when she turned around she was met with three, huge, pissed vikings. Astrid gave a small, nervous chuckle.

"Chief," she said, like she was meeting him on the streets. She was in big trouble.

{With Scale}

Scale lie on his back, a thick red substance pooling around him. Everything hurt, he was lonely, he thought he was going to die. Toothless found him like this. His green eyes were the size of dish plate, crooning softly for his friend. Hiccup, with a shaky hand, grabbed Toothless' lower jaw, not to keep him from leaving, but to know he was there. He looked at his scaly friend, but not with bright, green eyes that saw the world and all the possibilities it held. Instead, they were cold and lifeless.

"Tooth-Toothless?" The dragon crooned in reply. Blood was starting to form in his mouth, some ran down his chin dirty, ash covered chin.

The dragons that had fled were realizing that it was safe and started to come back, first by the tens, then by hundreds, and then by the thousands. Nightmares, Zipplebacks, Gronckles, Nadders, Changewings, and Whispering Deaths, they all wanted to see who freed them from the queen's slavery. They gathered around the Night Fury, surprised to see a young boy, who looked to be on the brink of death.

"Who's that?" A Nadder asked Toothless. Toothless never took his eyes off his master. Fear of his friend slipping away, if he did, Toothless would be their for him every step of the horrifying way.

"He's the one who saved us, saved all of us, from the queen," Toothless replied, proud to be the one he chose to ride into battle, even if it wasn't suppose to happen. The dragons were very confused, how could this puny hatch-ling kill a monster that big? It was unbelievable, this must be a gift sent from the gods. The dragons were now loyal to Hiccup and would stay by his side no matter what.

Hiccup was coughing, more blood come from his mouth. He was about to fall into unconsciousness again, he couldn't, he needed to get himself help. His left leg was gone, severed up to the shin, that's where most of the blood was coming from. He also earned a nasty slash on his right side which also contributed to some the blood loss. Think Scale think! Scale slowly, painfully, turned his head away from Toothless's. It was then he noticed all the dragons that had gathered. He had an idea.

"Toothless," he chocked, spitting out some blood, making it run down his chin. "Toothless, this is not how Scale is going to go down. I need you to get me some help, K bud? Ask a dragon or two to head back to berk, tell them to find two people. The first one, Gothi, a very small old women; grey hair and she walks with a stick bigger then her, got it?" Toothless warbled something in dragon, Hiccup continued. "The second person(cough) is Gobber; he's missing two limbs, has a long, blond, mustach. He's the village blacksmith, the one who was actually kind to me on berk. Don't hurt either of them, I need them to heal me. I want both of them hear, on our island, O.K?" Toothless understood, and warble something else to the dragons that were gathered all around them. Scale didn't know what was happening, all the dragon around him erupted in roars and a few were jumping up and down. He didn't know it yet, but he was just crowned king of the dragons.

Hiccup was freezing, his skin was a ghostly pale. His hand still clutched Toothless's gummy lower jaw. He heard some dragons take off, he guessed that those were going to Berk. He looked at his dragon companion, the one who staid with him when the going got tough. He knew he had a real friend. He knew then and there that Toothless was going to stay by his side no matter where, or what kind of trouble he got into.

"Toothless," It hurt to talk, but Scales was tough, he could do what he wanted, "I'm not going to die, I won't let myself slip away," he tried to comfort his friend, but Toothless knew that Hiccup(he liked Hiccup much more then Scale already) had no control over this. Toothless knew only one thing, he was going to stay by Hiccup's side, until he dies, once that happens(Toothless prayed to whatever god he thought the vikings would worship, to save his friends life) Toothless wasn't going to leave Hiccup's deathbed, until the cruel world took himself as well.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Why did you make this a separate post? Why not just make it a reply to the last one?
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

AndyMay
10 Apr 2014, 18:31
Why did you make this a separate post? Why not just make it a reply to the last one?
I think it'll be easier to find what chapter you're looking for, the story gets pretty long and if I post them all on the same page I thought it would get a little cluttered.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

That was so good!!!! Are you going to do another chapter?! Please?
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Agreed, please do another chapter. We gotta know what happens.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

For everyones info, there is 10 chapters which is already done, just go to his fanfaction, theres also a sequel to The Legend of Scale, wont spoil the name, because that might give you a hinch about whats happening.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

How do we get to the other chapters?
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

draco
12 Apr 2014, 09:45
How do we get to the other chapters?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10144727/1 ... d-of-Scale
if you don't want to wait for him putting them up here, just go to the link, but I'd actually recommend that you wait, it adds more suspense and gives him more time for writing the next chapter!