Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD 2: Before the Final Battle of Berk: a short write
Topic Started: 18 Apr 2014, 19:10 (1089 Views)
Bard of Berk
Dragon Egg

Hi HTTYD 2 loving friends! Here's a short write I did as I was putting the "pro in procrastination" studying for my tests. Hope you enjoy! Just a warning...I'm not sure how good this is...I've never done fan writing/fan fiction before. :)

The Bewilderbeast was coming.

Berk was in a grave state. The battle with Drago’s army had taken a toll on Stoick’s men, and many were still recovering from losses. However, this was pushed into the back of every Viking’s mind as the enormous beast made its way toward Berk. The sentries’ horns bellowed in warning, and the village sprang into battle mode, preparing the catapults, forming ranks of archers, and hastily trying to organize platoons of flying fighters under the chief’s command. Valka stood watch at the Great Hall with Gothi, fervently trying to herd families with their frightened children to safety.

Hiccup sprinted through the village as fast as his leg would carry him. He needed to find Toothless, and fast. He screamed his name, knowing he would hear and come running to join him. The village was not fit to fight, and would be outmatched. The Bewilderbeast would level Berk within minutes, destroying everything and everyone he held dear. If he could somehow intercept it, perhaps he could buy his loved ones some time. Ice flooded though his veins and into his heart, chilling him to the bone. He had absolutely no idea how to defeat it. He tasted bile and spat it away. Not now, he thought. Not after I’ve gotten my mother back…my family reunited. He thought of Astrid, his friends…and of Toothless, his brother in flame…no. He would not lose them today. He would fight.

“Hiccup!”

Astrid landed Stormfly and ran up the hill towards him. Hiccup spun around. Gods, she is beautiful, he thought again to himself. I wish we had more time.

Astrid paused to catch her breath. She was bloodied and bruised from the previous battle, and her hands were white from the death grip she had on her battle axe. She studied his face.

“No. No, Hiccup. You are not doing that.” She had nearly read his mind. “I’m going with you. You don’t have to go up there alone.”

“We’re Vikings. It’s an occupational hazard.” Hiccup replied grimly. “I need you here to lead the other riders. It’s too dangerous. I can’t…” He didn’t finish. Lose you. Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes, and he willed them away. “I can buy us some time if I give that thing something to hunt.”

Toothless had arrived, scanning the horizon and growling at Hiccup, signaling he was ready to fight. Hiccup closed his eyes in an attempt to regain his composure. He felt a soft hand on his cheek, drawing his face down, forcing him to look at her. She planted a soft kiss on his lips.

“Then I can double that time.”

Hiccup scanned her face, willing himself to memorize the beauty in front of him. He then took her in his arms and kissed her, one arm holding her close to him and the other entrapped in her golden hair. He poured everything he was into that kiss...conveying his fear, sadness, love, longing, and a farewell. His eyes met hers, and his hand softly brushed her cheek one last time. He then whispered, "Love you, milady," and was gone into the sky, carried by black wings into an uncertain fate.

Astrid remained there for the next few minutes and muttered to herself, "Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third...if you don't return to me I will kill you myself."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Great short. You should write more
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

yea, that was really good. You should continue the story.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

It's so cute, I love it!! :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

That was a beautiful story ^_^ looking forward to see more if you decide to write more!