Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The dragons curse
Topic Started: 06 May 2014, 19:55 (5762 Views)
AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Night fury fire
06 May 2014, 22:49
AuroraBorealis
06 May 2014, 22:47
Great job! I'm on the edge of my seat! I cannot wait 'till everyone reunites!
I can't wait to write more! Berks grapevine is the best place to write httyd fanfics because of all the kind people like you aurora!
:$ Thanks!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

Fanfics were Hiccup turns into a dragon are my absolute favorite. Honestly can't get enough of them. But from my searches for those Hiccup!Dragon fics, I have come across so many badly written ones.

But this one, this one is great! There are some things that I'd personally change (pacing and such) but this story is great! You're using the new info we've learned from the Dragonpedia and clips very nicely.

Very eager to read more :) Good going and get going! :3
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I really like the plot twist with hiccup turning into a night fury.
I also like the part where stoic realizes he wasn't nicer to hiccup and wants to make it right.
And I also like you putting in storm flies point of view.
Keep going.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Faerie_Dragon
07 May 2014, 00:31
Fanfics were Hiccup turns into a dragon are my absolute favorite. Honestly can't get enough of them. But from my searches for those Hiccup!Dragon fics, I have come across so many badly written ones.

But this one, this one is great! There are some things that I'd personally change (pacing and such) but this story is great! You're using the new info we've learned from the Dragonpedia and clips very nicely.

Very eager to read more :) Good going and get going! :3
draco
07 May 2014, 08:30
I really like the plot twist with hiccup turning into a night fury.
I also like the part where stoic realizes he wasn't nicer to hiccup and wants to make it right.
And I also like you putting in storm flies point of view.

Keep going.

:$ im so happy right now. You guys made my day

^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Chapter 5

(Hiccups PoV)
I woke up, but didn't open my eyes. At least I was alive. For now. I winced as pain started to come to me. I knew if I was in my human body, I would be covered in cuts and bruises. With a moan I tried to open my eyes. "Hiccup?" Said a familiar voice. I opened my eyes fully to see toothless lying next to me. "Toothless" I sighed with relief. Thank Odin he was ok. Moments later we found ourselves being blocked by a ring of fire. The mysterious dragon rider approached us from the flames. Toothless who seemed to have more energy than me. Jumped across shielding me and growling.

(Toothless's PoV)
"Back off!" I yelled threatening to strike. "It's oookay" she said into a soothing voice. "I don't mean you any harm". "Back off witch!!" I roared. "Witch?" She said confused. I nearly fell flat onto my back. I slowly began to back away. "Can you...understand me?" I whispered. The woman took of her mask. Revelling reddish brown hair and deep forest green eyes. She looked like hiccup. Hiccup could see that too. She bent down and patted his head. Somehow he looked calm and unafraid. "So, tell me about you" she said. Looking down at him.

(Hiccups PoV)
"Well.. That's toothless" I said gesturing over to him. "And..." I realised explaining myself would be tricky. "This may come as a shock to you". "But I'm not a dragon". She looked down at me with eager eyes. Clearly wanting to hear more. "I was cursed by a witch". "I'm actually one of you". "My names hiccup". "Hiccup!?" She said looking excitedly into my yellow eyes. "Hiccup horrendous haddock the third". I began to feel nervous like toothless. "Should..I....know you?!" I said. "No" she said her face becoming sad. "You were only a babe". "But a mother never forgets"

(Stormflys PoV)
I had been flying for a long long time. Pausing occasionally to sniff the coat attached to my leg. For the first hour or so things were seeming as hopeless as ever. But eventually I began to smell something far off in the distance. After all nadders were brilliant trackers. Now hours later, I decided to rest for awhile. Most other dragons would not have done this. But I would do anything for astrid, and hiccup too. "Don't worry hiccup" I said to myself. "I'm going to find you, no matter what it takes"

(Valkas PoV)
"It was a stormy night on berk"."the wind was howling". "I had you cradled in my arms". "You were crying because of the storm and all". "I remember holding you close and telling you to hush softly". "And you did". Hiccup and toothless were listening intently to the story. "Then with a bang a house nearby burst into flames". "Stoick screamed dragon attack and ran out brandishing his sword". "Later on during the attack most people were outside, helping defend the village". "Felt like I had to help". "And the last time I saw you.." I tried not to cry. "You where there in your cradle, crying". "I ruffled your hair and kissed you goodbye". "But moments later I felt myself being hauled upwards". "I was being captured... By a dragon". "And when I looked back, I saw a monstrous nightmare, set fire to a house, our house, with you inside". "And I screamed". "I saw stoick run inside". "And I thought you had both died".

(Hiccups PoV)
Toothless and were absolutely fascinated by the story. After all these years I thought my mother was dead. I had never believed she was alive. "But you are alive" she said to me. I nodded my head. "And stoick is alive". I nodded again. "Then that means only one thing". "Stoick saved you". I looked taken aback at my mother valka. The man I had been running from, had saved my life. "So when the monstrous nightmare brought me here" said valka. "To make a long story short, I found out that dragons were not as evil as we thought they were". I looked at toothless with awe. He had the same look in his eyes. "Now tell me your story" she said.

(Stormflys PoV)
The scent of hiccup was growing ever stronger. Perhaps I was flying to the place of his death. Perhaps I was flying where he had flown before. Or perhaps I was being lead to him, and he was indeed alive. My wings ached with every flap, as I followed the scent. I knew I would find him. Dead or alive. But hopefully alive.

(Toothless's PoV)
It had been a hard process of telling valka our story. At the end valka seemed sad. "Stoick loves you" she said to hiccup. "He's just never told you". "And it's okay to be different" she said. "All of us are different". "We're just too afraid to admit it". Hiccup embraced her in a tight looking hug. "I love you mom" he whispered. "I love you too" she said with tears in her eyes. "Whether your dragon, or human. I looked happily at the reunited couple. Secretly I wanted hiccup to stay a dragon. After all these years I had felt so alone. All I really wanted was another night fury. Valka wiped some tears from her face and turned to me. "I can't believe it" she said. "Another real live night fury!" . "....another?" I said rather shocked. Valka gave me an excited smile. "Follow me" she said. "I have something to show you"

(Hiccups PoV)
Valka lead us out of the large cave to a lush green landscape. Dragons were flying everywhere. Many of which I had never seen anything like in my life. "Incredible" I breathed. "For years I have been taming and rescuing sick, injured and orphaned dragons" said valka. "And then I bring them here, to sanctuary". "This is amazing" gasped toothless. "When I learned to talk to them, it was easy to train them, and well I became a bit of a dragon collector". I smirked. Wishing I could collect dragons. She lead us a long way. What seemed for miles, until we reached another cave. "Snowy" she called into the darkness. "Be careful" valka warned. "She's shy". A dragon appeared out of the darkness. She had reddish pink eyes which shone like rubies. She scales were the lightest grey. Almost white. But when she came into full view, it was obvious. She was a night fury!

(Astrids PoV)
I sighed looking out the window at the crescent moon. Stormfly had been missing all day. I wondered would she ever come back. Or would she spend her whole life searching for hiccup. Up the hill slightly away from her house, was the chiefs house. I could just make out a figure in the window. Stoick. But to my surprise he was sobbing loudly. Stoick the vast was crying! I wanted to comfort him. To tell him that hiccup was alive. If he wasn't alive as a human. Then he was still alive. In our hearts

Woah that chapter was long! Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I have been studying a lot so I won't have much time to updated. So what did you think? Let me know!

Bye for now!

draco

That was really good.
Does Astrid go talk to stoic?
And a female night fury awsome.
And I can understand toothless' want for hiccup to stay a night fury.
And stoic crying, wow!
Can't wait to read more about the next chapter.

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

draco
12 May 2014, 05:39
That was really good.
Does Astrid go talk to stoic?
And a female night fury awsome.
And I can understand toothless' want for hiccup to stay a night fury.
And stoic crying, wow!
Can't wait to read more about the next chapter.
Thanks im glad you liked it!

draco

Something to look forward to after I get home from work to calm down.

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

draco
12 May 2014, 08:24
I havent had much time to update it lately but i can assure you that i wont stop writing

draco

Night fury fire
12 May 2014, 08:25
draco
12 May 2014, 08:24
I havent had much time to update it lately but i can assure you that i wont stop writing
Thats good to hear.

Toothless, alpha dragon.