Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The dragons curse
Topic Started: 30 Apr 2014, 17:56 (5701 Views)
Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Hey guys! This is my new fanfic. I hope you enjoy it! It's told from different points of view.
------------------------------------------

The dragons curse

Introduction

Hiccup slowly put his hand on to the deadly nadders snout. She purred, smoothing down her tail spikes. He had had enough of berk and his life on it. He was going to rescue his dragon and save all the people he hated. "Hiccup" said a voice from behind him. It was astrid the only person he truly liked. Ever since toothless had rescued him from the monstrous nightmare, the entire island had found out he was on their side. He was in shame, beaten up and outcast. Now his best friend toothless had been abducted by his father, and was slowly guiding them to the nest, and to their doom. Astrid knew what he was doing. "No, hiccup, you can't!" She cried. "I have to" said hiccup in a low sad voice."Take me with you" begged astrid. Hiccup looked into her teary blue eyes and held out his hand. Astrid walked over and took it, giving him a short sweet kiss on the cheek. They both got onto the back of the nadder and and began their flight to the dragons nest.

Chapter 1
Hiccup was a small runt of a boy. He was bullied and pushed around all his life by his peers, his father and pretty much everyone. He had never had a friend. Until he met toothless. An incredibly dangerous dragon, a night fury. But he could never of imagined that dragon could have come to his rescue. Hiccups father stoick had threatened to kill the beast if he had not told him the location of the nest. But when hiccup had told him that only a dragon could find the nest he had taken toothless to guild him. But he had never listened to his son about the queen, the red death ruler of all the dragons. "That dragon will be killed when we've destroyed the nest". Hiccup had shouted in protest with tears falling from his eyes before stoick pushed him to the ground. "Your not a viking" he'd growled. "Your not my son".

(Hiccups PoV)
Flames were leaping from the boats all around us. The other Vikings and astrid were distracting the queen. "Hang in there bud I'll get you out" I coughed becoming weak from the smoke. Toothless was desperately yanking at the chains he was bound in.

(Astrids PoV)
The red death swung its bludgeon like tail in anger. It hit the boats creating a domino effect knocking one boat after another. I watched in horror as the boat with hiccup and toothless on swerved violently sideways. The two plunged into the water. "Hiccup!" I screamed.

(Toothless's PoV)
The water was icey cold compared to the inferno like boat. I tried the shout to hiccup but all that came out was a gurgling scream. Hiccup and I yanked at the chains until with a snap they broke. I leapt to the surface of the water, laying hiccup down next to me. He was slightly unconscious and coughed gasping for air.

(Hiccups PoV)
I was alive. I had thought it was all over. Toothless nudged me and pointed his nose a the queen. "You got it bud" I smiled. I got up on to the saddle, then I saw stoick. He was looking deep into my eyes. He didn't say anything. He looked shooked but I could still see anger in his eyes. I glared back at him before taking to the skies. "Take, it down babe!" I heard astrid screaming. Suddenly I saw something the could be useful. "That thing has wings!" I said to toothless. "Let's see if it can use them!". Toothless dived from the skies and blew a mighty plasma blast, knocking the beast over with its sheer force. Enraged the queen spread her vast wings. They were ancient looking. As if they hadn't been used for a long time. She gave a flap and was in the air. "Well it can fly" I said.

(Toothless's PoV)
We spent a long time dodging sea stacks as the queen broke them behind us. Hiccup seemed to have a plan. We lured her up into the dark clouds. Their I was camouflaged like part of the sky itself. I began firing at her. It was like my mind and hiccups were perfectly in sync as we dodged every attack. When the queen finally caught sight of us we dived down. her mouth was open ready to strike. "Hold, toothless" said hiccup. I knew perfectly what he meant. "Now!" He yelled. I turned around, letting free the strongest plasma blast I could muster. The dragon roared as the plasma exploded at the back of her throat. She fell to the ground and exploded with a bang. We swerved through the fire, avoiding everything. And blended in the smoke. Panting for breath.

(Hiccups PoV)
I looked through the vale of smoke unable to see the other Vikings. I sighed. I knew I would slightly miss berk, in my heart. I took off my brown furry coat and tossed it into the dragons burning body below. And I guided toothless up to a tall nearby sea stack out of view. I crouched down out of sight. Toothless tilted his head and purred in confusion. I sighed sadly. "We can't go back to berk, bud" I said. "When they see that burned coat, they will think that I'm , that we're...d..dead". "And we can move on, and be together". Toothless hung his head, not protesting. The smoke was beginning to clear. I could just make out the beautiful blonde figure of astrid. There was a look of terror on her face. I sighed

"Goodbye astrid" I said to myself as a single tear rolled down my cheek.
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great job, I like this one also.
Does he go on to live in piece with the dragons?
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

draco
03 May 2014, 08:50
Great job, I like this one also.
Does he go on to live in piece with the dragons?
Shhh it's a secret

draco

Nuts, keep me in suspence.

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Wow, that was really good haha :)

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

draco

Asvald Veleif
04 May 2014, 01:00
Wow, that was really good haha :)
You did a good job, but the flying scene doesn't seem the same with out hiccup.

Toothless, alpha dragon.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

I love all your fanfics! I love this unique place to twist the story!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Man I love u guys :D

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Thanks! :D :P
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Chapter 2

(Hiccups PoV)
We flew for a long time. What seemed for days. Up in the darkness of the clouds. Until we found a piece of land sticking up. We stopped and stretched our legs. "We'll rest here for tonight I said. Toothless spread his wings and yawned. The sun was setting on the landscape below. It was foggy, and Covered in amber coloured trees. "You don't get much views like this on berk do you bud" I sighed deeply. Toothless lay down and spread out his vast wing. I crawled next to him and tucked in his wing like a blanket. "Good night bud" I yawned. Toothless gave a soft purr. For a moment I began to think about berk. But after a while I began to block it out and drift into a deep sleep.

(Hiccups PoV)
Everywhere was dark. "Where am I?" I thought to myself. "Uh...hello?" I mumbled. "Hiccup?" Said a female voice. My eyes widened and I turned around. "Astrid!" I said. "Hiccup, your alive!" She cried with tears of joy. I ran to her. Ready to embrace her In a heartwarming hug. But as I ran close to her she burst into dust, fading into the the darkness of the room. "Astrid!" I screamed. Then the scene changed. This time I was running towards a cliff. I slammed my feet on the ground, but it was too late. I plunged off the side of the cliff and looked in horror at the scene below me. The red death was standing there with her mouth wide open. Slightly off in the distance I could see toothless chained up, my father standing next to him. He had a sword raised high above his head and was looking down at petrified toothless. "Dad no!" I yelled. He turned around and glared at me. "Your not my son" he growled. He brought the sword down on toothless. He and I both screamed. As if we felt the same pain. Then I fell into the mouth of the red death. She snapped it shut. I woke up with a scream. Toothless was trying to soothe me and was looking at me with worried eyes. My body was covered in sweat. I gave toothless a hug as I tried to hold in my tears. "It's ok bud" I said in a trembling voice. "It was just a nightmare".

(Astrids PoV)
I buried my face into my pillow and sobbed again. I had tried to comfort myself, but then my mind flooded with memories of the romantic flight. And my eyes flooded with tears. If only I had told him before he.....died. If only I had said to him. "I love you". I looked down at the burned coat at the end of the bed. I picked it up and held it close to me, almost as if hiccup was still there wearing it. "I loved you" I whispered.

(Hiccups PoV)
I was tired the next morning. I hadn't been able to sleep after "the nightmare". I had held toothless close as he murmured in comfort. But I had wished astrid had been there lying beside me. But I knew after siding with the dragons and faking my death, I would never be able to return to berk. I sighed and looked out at the mountains in the distance. "What should we name this place bud?" I asked toothless. He was busy grooming himself and stuck his face under his front leg. "Itchy armpit it is!" I laughed. I took one more look at the mountain. "Should we just keep going?" I asked. Toothless seemed to kroon in agreement

(Toothless's PoV)
I was keen on a morning flight. But hiccup didn't seem himself. Last night he had woken up screaming and sweaty. I had heard him moaning In his sleep. And I thought I had heard the word "astrid". He got up on to my back and adjust the tail fin, and he took of. He headed for the direction of the mountains. But as we got closer we began to fly through thick fog. "Take it easy bud" he warned. I could see more clearly through the fog. We were very near the mountain and dangerously close to some rock sticking up. But I could do nothing, as hiccup was in control of me. "Watch out!" I yelled as we flew straight towards a rock. Hiccup eventually saw the rock through the fog and swerved upwards at the last moment. "Toothless, I can't see anything" hiccup yelled. I looked down at the ocean below and could just make out an island. I plunged downwards. "Woah, toothless, where are you taking me!" Shouted hiccup. But he seemed to trust me and let me take control the flight. We soon landed on the large rocky island. "Good job bud!" He said stroking my head. "We'll wait here until the fog clears up". As hiccup began to admire the scenery I picked up a scent. The scent was not of me or hiccup. It was a fresh scent of a stranger. I growled. We were not alone here.

(Unknown PoV)
I saw them. A boy, and a dragon. Trespassing on my island. They would pay for this!

(Hiccups PoV)
"What is it toothless?" I questioned. The dragon was growling low. "You!" Said a raspy voice. I nearly jumped out of my skin. I turned around to see a small old woman. She looked slightly like gothi. "Your trespassing!" She yelled. "Oh I'm so sorry" I apologised. "We were just waiting for the fog to clear and we didn't know anyone else...". "Enough!" She growled. She began to rub her hands together and some sparks began to fly out!. "What in odins name!" I yelled. "Don't worry" she said. "This is just a.. Spell". "It will send you two back home and there may be some... 'Side affects'" she said with an evil smile. "Your a wit...". I was cut off as the witch set two bursts off light from either hand. Hitting me and toothless. I flew backwards. It was like I had been punched by stoick. The magic began to fill my body before it all went black.

Sorry that I haven't updated this in a while. But anyway that was chapter two! I know what will happen next but if you have an idea I just might use it in the story!

Bye! Thanks for reading!