Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How To Create a Villain Chapter 2
Topic Started: 10 May 2014, 00:09 (1655 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

How To Create a Villain
Chapter 2
---
A budding of Friendship

A small Deadly Nadder, not far away from Alvin's house, was muttering in Norse about how no one would ever understand him. Flying too fast, the young dragon ripped a wing membrane, as he ran into a nearby tree. He yelped, falling to what he thought would be his demise. Oddly enough, he landed on a roof… Alvin's roof.
~
The Raven haired boy reluctantly slid off his bed and went to the window to see if he could find out what had happened. There was nothing outside. Only the sound of chirping crickets and the view of the beautiful moon, awaited him. He sighed in content. It seemed oh so beautiful. Soon forgetting about his wretched thoughts of annoying prophecies, Alvin looked to the stars that seemed to shine extra bright that night.

Out of nowhere, a small dragon fell on top of the boy's head, after falling off the sloped roof. The child jumped from surprise and looked up at the small Deadly Nadder, who looked straight back at him in bewilderment. Crawling slowly down to his shoulder, the dragon looked at Alvin in silence.

It was an amazing moment for the boy who was usually so badly hated by dragons. He wanted so badly to reach out his hand and to actually pet a dragon. Alvin didn't move a muscle, however. He was afraid if he did, the dragon would flee. The young reptile crawled around his arms a few times, looking into the human's eyes. Alvin had to blink a lot, for a dragon's gaze is hypnotic.

"And you are?…" asked the dragon in Norse, the language of the Vikings. The Outcasts tended to speak Outcastese, but Alvin knew both languages. The boy's eyes widened at hearing the dragon speak in a native tongue.

"Y-You speak Norse…" the boy stuttered in surprise.

"Yes." Replied the dragon, tilting his head.

"But who are you?…" he questioned again.
The boy blinked a few times, trying to take this in. Raising a brow, the Deadly Nadder waited for an answer.

"Sorry…" The child apologized.
"My name's Alvin, son of Algarick The Red." He responded slowly.

"And I am Naloth the Young, son of Ator Champion of the Skies." The dragon replied, swishing his tail, rather playfully.

"Was it you who made that thud on the roof?.." Alvin asked.

"Actually… yes." Naloth stated rather sheepishly.
"I ran away from home you see…"

"But why?…" Alvin asked out of curiosity.

"Because… well… because no one understands me."

"What do you mean?..."

"I mean that I'm different. I don't belong there…" The dragon looked to the ground with sad, golden eyes. Alvin understood what the dragon meant, for he had the same problem. His eyes came into connection with the dragon's torn wing membrane.

"You're hurt… " Alvin trailed off and observed it without touching.

"Ripped it, while accidentally flying into a tree…" Naloth turned pink around the horns in embarrassment.

"I can fix it… and maybe while we're at it, you can tell me more about yourself?" Alvin offered and the Dragon reluctantly agreed. Nothing was heard that night except for the movement of Alvin's hands, while carefully sewing the wound up, and the small voice of the dragon, telling the story of why he was there.

'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I like this chapter.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Yes! The new chapter! I love it!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

draco
10 May 2014, 08:23
I like this chapter.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

AuroraBorealis
10 May 2014, 14:49
Yes! The new chapter! I love it!
Yay! XD

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Yay! New chapter! Yay! Awesome chapter!
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

This is great!!!!! It's kinda sad and creepy at the same time how Alvin is... hiccupy... O.O But great job!!! KIC!!! ;)
Bear the flame