Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Top Fanfictions
Topic Started: 16 May 2014, 20:31 (1403 Views)
ArabianGoddess
Hatchling

Salam, how's everyone doing this week? Hopefully good! ^_^ This is just a list of the top fanfics I find worthy and very entertaining. :) Feel free to check 'em out. I'll probably update these later... =3

1. Crevice
Author Lenle.G
Summary Hiccup is injured in a accident on a Father-Son hunting trip, and when Stoick carries him back home, they fear for his life. Meanwhile, on Outcast Island, Alvin hears the news that the Dragon Conqueror has been laid low, and decides this would be the perfect time to attempt to kidnap the boy to make him tame the dragons.

2. Kindred
Author eza.xo
Summary In which a curious adolescent Nightfury stumbles across a recently orphaned human child, Hiccup and becomes the boy's reluctant guardian. A Dragon with no experience with humans and faced with being the last of his species, and a child scarred by the loss of his family. Join them as they rediscover family together and forge a friendship that will change the Viking world.

3. The Other World
Author Writing Bolt
Summary The unknown can be a mysterious thing and Hiccup and Toothless are about to uncover the true depths of it all. After a fight with Dagur the two awake injured and seperated in a strange place. Upon meeting a strange girl with a peculiar history, they find themselves as a centerpiece for something much bigger. The journey has only just begun. HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS SENT TO MODERN DAY

4. Testing the Vows
Author EmmerzK
Summary Life used to be simple. Life used to be easy. But whoever said that growing up, being the adult was easy, was most certainly lying. Responsibility and liability tend to take their toll on a young couple to begin with. But throw in twisted relationships, reveal truths buried by lies... and nothing is simple anymore. Sequel to Confessions of a Lovesick Viking. M for specific scenes.

5. Becoming Lífþrasir
Author Midoriko-sama
Summary People often wondered what kept Hiccup going during those early years. When that single, most-treasured thing is taken from him, there is little left to keep him on Berk. The day Stoick returns, and the day before the best recruit is finally chosen, Hiccup leaves Berk; little knowing that he would one day return under ... strange circumstances. H/A, R/F, rated for violence.

6. No Dragons Allowed
Author LeisaTheGreat
Summary The teens compete in their tribe's annual survival competition. But the first rule this year: no dragons allowed! How will this go over with Hiccup's protective Night Fury, Toothless? And more importantly, how will the Hooligan tribe's clumsiest Viking fair alone in the wilderness...? Moments of Hiccstrid. Rating changed to T because of climax.

7. Untold
Author muggleborn.dragon.ryder
Summary There are lots of little stories that remain untold...a collection of drabbles and one-shots set in the 'To Be Loved the Way You Love Me' AU. Most one-shots will feature Hiccup/Stoick father/son. Rated T for torture, trauma and angst. Cover art by RazzlePazzleDooDot
(I suggest you read To Be Loved The Way You Love Me before this to understand what's happening, and also check out her WIP of the sequal; Starlight, Starbright! ^-^)
"She's my princess and whatever she wants, she gets."
"Ruffnut? Didn't she bury you alive?"
"Ah. Only for a few hours."
كيف تروض تنينك

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I've read Crevice, I've grown to really like shadow x3
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

Number 5 on you list should be a freaking novel! I didn't finish it because it was so LONG! And I'm impatient when it comes to fanfiction for some reason xD But the writing is very good from what I've read...

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Shnuckles
20 May 2014, 18:34
Number 5 on you list should be a freaking novel! I didn't finish it because it was so LONG! And I'm impatient when it comes to fanfiction for some reason xD But the writing is very good from what I've read...
You think Becoming Lífþrasir is too long?! Clearly you haven't read Chasing Thunderstorms which is 199,000 words, 42 Chapters, and 582 pages long (when in .epub format, using google play books). Or worse, Hitchups, which is 308,000 words long, 40 chapters and 875 pages long .

Just for comparison, Becoming Lífþrasir is only 120,000 words, 21 chapters, and 322 pages long.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

AndyMay
20 May 2014, 19:04
Shnuckles
You think Becoming Lífþrasir is too long?! Clearly you haven't read Chasing Thunderstorms which is 199,000 words, 42 Chapters, and 582 pages long (when in .epub format, using google play books). Or worse, Hitchups, which is 308,000 words long, 40 chapters and 875 pages long .

Just for comparison, Becoming Lífþrasir is only 120,000 words, 21 chapters, and 322 pages long.
Is chasing thunderstorms rated M? I don't read M rated fics. But for 20 chapters (I think it was 20) It's still a large fic.

AndyMay

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

Shnuckles
20 May 2014, 19:07
AndyMay
Shnuckles

Is chasing thunderstorms rated M? I don't read M rated fics. But for 20 chapters (I think it was 20) It's still a large fic.
CT is a T, though all of its sequels and one shots are rated M.

I personally would say that anything less than about 15 is short, 20 for me is decent sized and 30+ is a l8ng fic (and I love long fics)

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

AndyMay
20 May 2014, 19:13
Shnuckles
20 May 2014, 19:07
AndyMay

CT is a T, though all of its sequels and one shots are rated M.

I personally would say that anything less than about 15 is short, 20 for me is normal sized and 30+ is a l8ng fic (and I love long fics)
I do like my fics to be decently long, but it really depends on how the author writes. I don't care how long a story is, it doesn't make it less boring. So, yeah, I haven't read CT. I don't really like modern AU's all that much.

AndyMay

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

I put off reading CT for months, thinking that it was going to be really shit (never was a fan of modern AUs) but I decided to read it not too long ago. It's now one of my favourite fics I've read!

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

AndyMay
20 May 2014, 19:13

I personally would say that anything less than about 15 is short, 20 for me is normal sized and 30+ is a l8ng fic (and I love long fics)
My main fic is roughly around 30 and I think there's going to be another 30. I feel bad because it took me 5 months to write the first half and I don't know when I'll have the time to finish it (I don't have gazillions of followers, I only have around 130, but some of them are constantly PM-ing me about the updates and I just don't see that happening in the near future :-z).

But, I was extremely happy when I discovered that you can download fics in ebook format, I travel a lot by train.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

AndyMay
Shnuckles

If you think those are long you have not read 'The Truth Is A Shard Of Ice', which is 42 chapters, and 469,273 words long, as well as being still unfinished. I read the thing in like a week of reading almost nonstop :p
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns