Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Just the Beginning…
Topic Started: 21 May 2014, 11:38 (3363 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I've had this idea for awhile, but I've just started writing it this morning for Shnuckle's fanfiction contest, so here's the Prologue for it. I'll update it again once I get a chapter of it done. Hope you enjoy!
Keep in mind this is Bookverse, and there's no spoilers to them at all.

Just the Beginning…
Prologue, by Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, the last of the Viking heroes.
~
Sometimes friends can come from the most unexpected places. I, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, ended up finding someone special from the least likely place I ever would have imagined.

As a six-year old boy with no friends, but no absence of bullies, this day was something special to me. It is one day I never shall forget, even though at this time, my hair is as white as the snow on a winter morning at Berk.

This story, is about the day I finally found someone who cared, but instead of telling you about it as the way I see it now, I'm going to tell you in the way my past childhood eyes saw it. Although the bright blue in those eyes have dimmed to almost gray, the spirit without them stays the same.

The colors may have became duller around me, but in reality they haven't really changed. My childhood self might be far, far away from me, but he's still there. He never really left…
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

I CANNOT wait until you start this! This will be amazing!!!! :D
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

AuroraBorealis
21 May 2014, 16:41
I CANNOT wait until you start this! This will be amazing!!!! :D
Why thank you :3

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Ooooooooo I want to know more!!!! :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

Holy crap! I seriously have some competition! I just hope people like the way I take my one-shot. It isn't for everyone...

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

BerserkDragon
22 May 2014, 20:07
Ooooooooo I want to know more!!!! :D
:D yay I succeeded xD
Shnuckles
22 May 2014, 20:19
Holy crap! I seriously have some competition! I just hope people like the way I take my one-shot. It isn't for everyone...
That actually means a lot... I was beating myself up for not being a great writer yesterday... So this couldn't come at a more perfect time...

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

It looks great :P

(I really should go read the books...)

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

Hmm I'm rather wary of what this may become and its possible challenge to my fic... but I shall reserve judgement until I read the whole thing...
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

Shnuckles
22 May 2014, 20:19
Hope_and_Heir

That actually means a lot... I was beating myself up for not being a great writer yesterday... So this couldn't come at a more perfect time...
Well, you're a great writer. You should start publishing your stuff on fanfiction.net. It's free and you get a wider range of readers :) I would follow you in a heartbeat!!!

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

Ooh yes so would I (although I've never read the books but this still seems interesting.) I post on fanfiction.net and the first time I opened my email and saw 6 messages about reviews, follows, and favorites I had to keep myself from screaming in joy during class for the next hour ^.^ It's a great feeling
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns