Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Forest Guardian : A Chance Meeting (9)
Topic Started: 09 Jun 2014, 15:08 (8968 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vik_pets.shtml
NO DRAGONS?!?! :'(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Toothless123
09 Jun 2014, 19:08
-_- What a shame.

XD

Toothless123
Night Fury

cometotheberkside
09 Jun 2014, 20:01
Toothless123
09 Jun 2014, 19:08
-_- What a shame.

XD
I know... :-/

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

awesome :3
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

^_^

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Great job! :) Just wondering, the spoilers aren't anything that might spoil Dragons 2, right?
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

AuroraBorealis
09 Jun 2014, 23:37
Great job! :) Just wondering, the spoilers aren't anything that might spoil Dragons 2, right?
Well, I'm not sure, so that's why I'm updating the chapters until the spoilers come, then when possible spoilers happen I will stop posting for a while here (I will continue only on ff.net for those who watched the movie already) until say September. But honestly I have yet to figure the climax out... XD

But don't worry I will update the title to <<Forest Guardian (POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER) [spoilers]>> when I get there. And during those weeks I may be able to post some oneshots that I have plans for (that do not contain any spoilers ) ^_^

And thank you for liking the story! ;)

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

cometotheberkside
09 Jun 2014, 23:53
AuroraBorealis
09 Jun 2014, 23:37
Well, I'm not sure, so that's why I'm updating the chapters until the spoilers come, then when possible spoilers happen I will stop posting for a while here (I will continue only on ff.net for those who watched the movie already) until say September. But honestly I have yet to figure the climax out... XD

But don't worry I will update the title to <<Forest Guardian (POSTPONED UNTIL SEPTEMBER) [spoilers]>> when I get there. And during those weeks I may be able to post some oneshots that I have plans for (that do not contain any spoilers ) ^_^

And thank you for liking the story! ;)
You're welcome! I just saw the movie yesterday anyway, so maybe I'll find you on ff.net!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Sure :) the link is in this thread as well as my signature ;)

Although there are no spoilers in the next chapter, so you can keep on reading here until I change the title!

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Sorry for the slow updates lately. I'm officially on writer's block stuck. Not because I have nothing to write about, it's mainly because I have so many ideas to juggle around and cannot incorporate them into the story smoothly. Right now I'm hoping the story will unravel itself, or that my mind will eventually sort things out, once I have watched the second movie.

Anyways, here is all that I have of Chapter 5. This time, it's from Fishlegs' POV (Hic, the world does not revolve around you, ok? ;) )

Untitled Fifth Chapter

FISHLEGS

There was a distant sound of footsteps heading in towards his house.

At first, Fishlegs had thought that it was his loving dragon Meatlug. The Gronkle was the boy's best friend, and acted like a motherly figure to him, if he had to say for himself, since Fishlegs' own mother was not present in Berk these days, having gone off to who knows where with a bunch of other Vikings.

As much as Fishlegs didn't like to admit it, he actually loved his mother a lot more than you would have thought. She was bossy and stern at times, but then again, aren't all mothers like that from time to time? They just want the best for you, even if it meant being less lenient. In all her strictest rules and insane regulations Fishlegs found genuine worry and love, and that kept him from complaining about it too much.

He wondered what it felt like to not have a mother. It would be devastating, certainly.

Perhaps that was what Hiccup felt like.

Hiccup had lost his mother during a dragon raid, when a dragon had taken her away and promptly killed her. No bodies were found, so it was presumed she was dead.

He couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

He looked back at the Dragon Book in front of him, taking his distracted mind off from any disturbing thoughts. The book itself was an antique, passed down from generation to generation. It was written by Bork, the founder of this island that he and his fellow Berkians called home. It was filled to the brim with information of dragons and the like, and Fishlegs had been given the honor to continue it, filling in missing information and documenting any new dragons they had discovered from the Academy's numerous expeditions.

There was a sharp rap from the desk. "Hey, um Fishlegs, mind if I have a talk with you?"

Fishlegs glanced up from the Dragon Book, ripping his glued eyes from the page. "Oh hey Hiccup. What brings you here?" Out of all days, and yet here he was: the Chief's son, prompting for a nice chat with him. Did he do anything wrong?

Hiccup took a seat, scooting forward on the rickety chair. The scratching noise of the chair sliding against the floor made Fishlegs wince. "So you haven't heard."

"Heard about what? I've been a tad busy lately, Hiccup, studying the Dragon Book for preparation." Fishlegs flipped the page over, careful not to crease the paper. Whatever conversation Hiccup was going to start, Fishlegs did not want to hear a word of it.

"Let me guess." Hiccup scratched his chin thoughtfully, looking over and casting an annoying shadow over the text."Dragon races?"

"How did you know?"

"Just a guess." Hiccup leaned over the table. Fishlegs shrunk back, intimidated by the intense look that was radiating off his friend's face. "A Viking was killed today," he whispered.

"What?!" Fishlegs almost jumped out of his chair in alarm. He twiddled his thumbs nervously as he recovered. "H-how?" he asked timidly.

"That's where you come in. I need you to come with me to the scene before they take the body away."

Fishlegs chuckled, queasy. "I don't know about this, Hiccup. I promised Meatlug I'll take her to the beach today…"

"Fishlegs, please? You're the only one I can count on now, being the one with the most dragon knowledge."

"Wait a moment." Fishlegs wagged an accusative finger in front of Hiccup’s pleading face. “What does this have to do anything about my dragon expertise? Trust me, Hiccup, I’m not one for solving mysteries, and certainly would not want to get involved, thank you very much.”

“Ah, yes,” Hiccup replied. Fishlegs envied how fast he could move on to the next sentence; Hiccup didn’t even skip a beat. “I heard there were some...claw marks on the Viking’s stomach.”

“Markings?”

“Yes. Dragon markings, to be specific. So, will you come with me then?”

"Well…" He considered it. "I'll go. But only if the whole gang comes with me," he added quickly.

"Alright, it's settled, then. Meet me at the front of the Great Hall at noon, then." Hiccup tossed Fishlegs a wink, then promptly made his way out.

Fishlegs sighed and leaned backwards, crossing his arms behind his back.

What kind of mess had he gotten himself into this time?