Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Valka
Topic Started: 26 May 2014, 13:44 (1150 Views)
Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

Valka

So, we know that Valka was ‘abducted’, and I decided to write a possible scene for that. Warning: you might cry. This has been on my Tumblr page for some time so if you've read it already you can post comments. No greatly negative stuff please- it's just a story. -Mo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Val! There’s another dragon attack, I have to go," Stoick bellowed.

Valka shut the door to Hiccup’s room behind her and turned to her husband.

“But Hiccup’s frightened! He’s cowering under his bed!” She said in a hushed voice.

“Go read him a bedtime story.”

“He needs his father!”

Stoick sighed and picked up the axe that he kept by the door, “and the town needs me more.” His expression was forlorn, but she could see the concern. He cared about his son; she knew that. He just felt that he needed to protect the village in order to do show it.

Valka looked up at him with tears brimming her eyes. “I’m sure the others can handle it.”

He didn’t meet her eyes, and looked at the ground. “I’ll be back,” and with that, the door slammed behind him, leaving only the sounds of distant hollers and the soft cries of her son in the next room. She turned and went back to see him since Stoick wasn’t going to help. As soon as she entered the door she heard a soft murmur from under the bed.

"Daddy?"

"No, it’s Mommy." In an instant Hiccup was up from under the bed and clinging to her leg.

“Shhh, Hic it’s okay.” She pulled him up into a hug as he held his arms tightly around her neck.

“Where’s daddy?”

“Daddy had to go help outside, he’ll be back. Why don’t you try and get some sleep?”

Hiccup, satisfied that his mother was there, released his grip from her and clambered back into bed. “Can you tell me a story?”

Val sat at the end of the bed and folded her hands in her lap. The sound of crashing in the distance made her clench her fingers, but she didn’t show it on her face- she wouldn’t let Hiccup be afraid. She would protect him, whatever happened. “One day, a long time ago. There was a Viking...”

Hiccup’a eyes were wide with anticipation.

“He wanted to fight dragons, just like his dad, but he was too small to wield a sword.”

“What about an axe? I bet he used a hammer!” Hiccup’s arms flailed in the air with excitement.

Val smiled at her little Viking, and as the noise got louder she spoke up, not letting Hiccup focus on it, but instead on her voice. “None actually.”

“Awe…” He slumped back onto the covers.

“He used his smarts.”

“How do you use smarts? Can you throw it?”

She laughed, “no… he outsmarted the dragon, and everyone else in the town was so astounded. They even threw him the grandest party.”

“Yayy!”

She always wondered how the simplest of stories made the young boy so excited.

“Did he kill the dragon?”

She looked at her son and sighed, the green mischief in his eyes… She knew she couldn’t bare to never see those again.

“No he didn’t.”

“He didn’t?” Now Hiccup looked plain confused.

“No. He let the dragon go- but he would never come back.”

“Oh…” He yawned. “I bet it was daddy…” He droned off, with his eyelids drooping.

“Why don’t you get some sleep.” Another boom sounded outside, this time with a terrifying, unmistakable roar to follow.

Hiccup didn’t seem to mind though. He curled up under his blanket, completely oblivious, and sure that his parents would be there to protect them. “Night mommy.”

Val leaned over and kissed his temple, “night Hic.” She left the room quietly and shut the door behind her. She pulled on her armour and blew out the few remaining candles that lit the room. No way was she letting a dragon near her house, her son, without a fight. She picked up her own spear by the door, her weapon of choice, and marched outside. The sight was the same as it would always be during a dragon attack. Several homes were in flames, and a Nightmare clung to one of the roofs, blasting flames into the town square where Stoick and several other men stood guard. A few Nadders snuck around the town and blasted their white-hot fire at the few who faced them. In Berk, this was a normal occurrence, and everyone knew exactly what to do. Stoick saw her leave the house and ran over. The nightmare’s beady eyes followed the chief as he ran up the slope to his house.

“Val! I told you to stay with Hiccup.”

“I’m not going to stay inside Stoick… not while that thing's out here.”

He growled, clearly not happy with his defiant wife, but too busy to argue.

The Nightmare began stalking closer as it crawled across the tops of homes towards them, its flaming scales lighting up the night sky.

“I don’t think this ones very friendly.”

The couple raised their weapons together as the Nightmare screamed into the sky and charged them head on. Quick as it came, it changed direction, onto the roof behind them and in a split second, leaped off the decor hanging from the house that tumbled to the ground. It lunged towards them. Valka held the spear towards it, but its leg was the only thing to come in contact with her, and the sharp weapon sliced into what she guessed was its knee. Valka only had a second to gasp as the massive talons came crashing down around her, even with a spear sticking out of it, and quickly picked her body off the ground and sent the spear shattering in half, flying towards the dirt.

"No!" Stoick lunged forward and tried to snag the tail as it swished past him.

“Stoick!” She cried, but the effort was useless.

He raced after, yelling in chorus. Other Vikings saw the ordeal and raced after to fight the beast. She could hear repeated hollers in the town below calling her name.

“Val! Don’t worry Val!” He shouted up at her.

Her heart pounded in her chest as the adrenaline coursed through her.

No one would throw weapons incase it hit her, but it was too late for that anyways. They were already out of firing range.

“I’ll find their nest! I’ll find the dragons home and find you!” She heard him shout in the distance. Tears streaked her face as she punched the Nightmare’s foot, trying to escape in a last effort, though she knew it would only result in plummeting to her death. She couldn’t let it win. She would never.

She watched her home disappear into the distance as the dragon climbed higher into the clouds. The few fires became dim, like stars, as the silence of the night engulfed her. The only sound were the sobs that came from her own mouth, and the beats of the dragons massive wings. Her home… Her family… Her son… Gone.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Noooooooo!!!! At the end I could feel tears stinging my eyes. Do you think you'll continue this?
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

I definitely could... I would continue Valka's story- and I already have ideas for it. But right now it's a short story. Maybe I'll look into making it longer!

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Yay! :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

*cries*

This is a great story! Hope that you continue ^_^

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

nuuuuuuuuuuuuu
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns