Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How To Create a Villain
Topic Started: 27 Jul 2014, 23:31 (7128 Views)
draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

:D ^_^ :)
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Update 4.1

[So I've left you guys hanging... Like terribly... So uh. Sorry for my long terrible hiatus. My life is changing completely. I have had to meet three new teachers for dance (1) and for voice(the other 2). School has started and even though I'm homeschooled, I'm in high school now so my workload has doubled from last year which is stressful in itself. Also I'm in a musical right now that requires rehearsals 3 days a week. It's pretty stressful. Anyway I hope to at least give you guys SOMETHING by the end of this week ;~; ]
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

draco

Hey, don't sweat it with the story, we're not going anywhere.
As for work load and stress, I know that all to well. I'm not in school anymore, sometimes my stress is high also.
Sometimes you just have to step back and take some time for yourself.

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

Update 4.2:
The writer's block is strong in this one.
The struggle is real.
:/
:(

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I know how you feel...

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

cometotheberkside
01 Sep 2014, 17:22
I know how you feel...
I've been thinking of a SEQUEL DX and I can't think of another chapter.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

Update!

I have some good news <3
I've finally started on chapter five and it'll probably be posted within the next day or two.

draco

Yeaaaaaa :D

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

update 5.0

So I'm not completely done with this chapter but hey... It's half of a chapter. And I feel like I need to post it since I've been abandoning you guys.

Chapter 5
---
A Piece of the Past

"M-mom?..." Naloth asked timidly. It had been so long. Did she even recognize him? The adult Nadder lifted her head toward her son, not quite believing her golden eyes.
"Naloth?…" she questioned in slight amazement. "Is it really you?....." The two years she had been imprisoned had drained all the healthy color about her scales. The once bright Purple dragon was now a sickly pale purple. She hadn't seen sun since she left the cave in fury. She always planned to come back... She was just angry, but she was spotted above outcast territory and captured before she could even think of turning back around to apologize.
Naloth simply looked at her with tears in his eyes and sat against the cold, iron bars that she was behind. He wanted the warm embrace he missed for two years... But at the moment this was as close as he would get to it.
---

Days, weeks, months went by as nothing filled the hole in the poor child's heart. His dad was gone and he had to accept that. The only problem was that he couldn't. Without his father around, his mother only got worse in the abuse toward him. Most of the time it wasn't physical, usually it was mental. Excellinor would scream at him for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Secretly she was trying to develop the kid to have a hardened heart, not soft like his father. At the moment it was soft, as everything she said hurt him even more, but as time went on, he started blocking everything she said. He decided if people thought he was worthless, he was going to be wonderful compared to them.
Unfortunately the Outcast's point of view of the word 'wonderful' was way different than any of ours. When someone thinks 'wonderful' in terms of personality, they usually would mean sweet and trustworthy. The outcasts gave 'wonderful' a whole different definition. Their 'wonderful' was vile, cruel, and selfish, and that's what Alvin became…
During those months, Alvin wasn't the only one who had shot up like a weed. Naloth had too, and as soon as he was no longer small enough to hunker down in the tall grasses, he was imprisoned along with his mother. The outcasts had no sympathy for any dragon whatsoever, much less after their chief was killed by one.
The small Nadder's anger grew as he spent days with his mother and him in separate cages. His father was right, humans were only capable of hatred, not love. Alvin had no clue his old friend was captured, he had forgotten all about him. All he could focus on was being a perfect outcast just so his mother and everyone around him would accept him.
---
"All you have to do is be someone you're not.... It's simply acting... In a way..." Alvin stated to himself while looking under his bed for something he had lost. The twelve year old bit his lip as he tried to reach out and feel if he could find it.
His pale hand felt something sharply brush over his finger tips. With a yelp, he drew his hand back and quickly applied pressure to the small cut with the end of his shirt. It wasn't bleeding terribly, just a little, but it hurt nonetheless.
He slowly peeked his head under the bed in search of what had hurt his finger. It happened to be a small, but incredibly sharp, green scale.
Moving it through his fingers, as if to not cut himself again, he observed the dirt covered scale that had paled since it hadn't seen the sun in who knows how long. Maybe four years…
Alvin rose a brow with no recollection of where the scale came from, and continued to search for his missing object.
"Finally..." He stated as he finally found the black dagger he needed. Getting to his feet, he put the scale on his bedside table and went downstairs in a hurry, not paying any attention to the creaky steps.

draco

Awesome start to the next chapter. :D

Toothless, alpha dragon.