Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How To Create a Villain
Topic Started: 08 Jun 2014, 18:28 (6858 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

UPDATE 1.5:

So basically, i wrote the past two chapters on my phone(stupid right?) and now I'm converting it to my computer, so I can do grammatical checks and such. It really horrifies me how many mistakes I made. UGH. Anyway, I updated the first two chapters, added a few sentences here and there, combined them into one chapter, fixed grammatical mistakes, ect.

I'll be updating on this one thread now, instead of making 500. If the moderation would kindly take those two threads down,( 'How to create a villain chapter 1' and 'How to create a villain chapter 2') I would be thankful :)

So without further ado, here's my updated chapter one. I'll soon be uploading the next chapter.

How to Create a Villain
Chapter 1
A Game, a Prophecy, and a Friendship
---
The child smiled as he ran past the tall grass blades. They were almost as tall as him, the perfect place to hide. All anyone could hear was a voice counting and youthful laughter echoing through the fields.
Getting to his knees, the raven haired boy stayed perfectly silent, waiting until he was found.
"Ten. Ready or not here I come." An older voice called out, not far away. The older man definitely wouldn't find the boy this time. The child would win this round.
There was absolute silence in the perfectly grown field. The boy's eyes matched the grassy green of the undergrowth. They darted to the beautiful, blue sky, and he soon forgot about the game he was playing. After a few moments, the grown man found the child lying on his back, staring at the clouds.
"There you are." His father stated, smiling slightly when finding the boy. Algarick got down to the ground and lay on his back next to his son. The seven year old smiled back with an almost charming grin he had gotten from his father. Algarick was the chief of the Treacherous tribe ever since his father, Thugheart, died in battle.

Trying to make the tribe better was an overwhelming experience when everyone thought violence was the answer. His son, Alvin, was the only thing that continued to make him the slightest bit happy. Thugheart had betrayed his family and defied the laws of The Wilderwest. In doing so, Thugheart and his followers were ordered out of the kingdom, to live their lives as outcasts. Algarick, however, decided to get the tribe within code, and to right the wrongs of his father.

Alvin looked back up to the sky and finally opened his mouth to speak.
"Father, do you think you might find time to teach me Dragonese, like you said you would?" he asked quietly. The boy loved dragons, in fact they were his favorite subject to talk about. He'd scribble notes and pictures down by the dozens, when he went dragon watching. The only problem was, dragons seemed to dislike him. They seemed to know what kind of person he'd be when he grew up.
Alvin thought maybe if he could speak to them, the dragons would enjoy his company more.

"Of course, Alvin." Algarick smiled at his son, admirably. Learning languages was also one of Alvin's pastimes. The child smiled cheerfully at the thought of speaking to the beasts. Maybe tomorrow they'd have time, in the meantime the boy watched as the clouds went by.

~

Silence.

That's all that could be heard...

And that's how the witch liked it.

No irritating husbands or cheerful small boys in the house, just simply the witch and her prophecies.

Her long, iron fingernails tapped, slowly, on the table as she scanned the prophecies, memorizing every detail...

~

"Alvin!!" The shriek echoed throughout the whole house and rattled the ears of the poor boy that was upstairs.

"Coming, Momma." The small, frail voice answered, even though could not have been heard.
"Is something wrong?" He asked once reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"Everything's wrong, Alvin." Excellinor growled under her breath in response.

"What do you mean-"

"Well just look at you." Exillinor cut him off and turned her eyes toward her son, with acute dislike.
The child winced slightly and looked to the floor. He understood his mother wanted someone more villainous, someone tougher, and stronger.
Someone that wasn't a runt.

"Stop doodling in your room and do something useful for once, child." She stated while handing him a piece of paper. Alvin eyed the scribbled writing and tried to decipher it. The paper was a list of numerous chores that the child had to accomplish on a daily basis. Most kids had chores, but for Alvin, he had to literally do everything. He peered down at the very last thing, feeding the captured dragons.
This was the worst, for the fact that he was bitten almost every time he tried. Alvin wished with all his heart that he could release them. He knew, however, that if he did, he'd be in trouble for months on end, maybe even years.

The witch looked down at the child in annoyance.
"Well, get to it!" She yelled. "The chores aren't going to do themselves." Sometimes she wondered about the child, wondered that just maybe Alvin should not have been kept. It was a custom to kill every runt that was born into the tribe. Excellinor didn’t even want the child, but the future told her to keep him. She knew that if she didn’t, she’d never have a chance to get to the throne. At the moment, Alvin was the only possible heir to the kingdom, since he was a direct descendant of Grimbeard the Ghastly, the last of the kings. However, she knew one day they'd need a king again and all the wandering tribes of the archipelago would join in unity.

Carefully, the woman had looked into the future. She studied as if it was the very essence of life. The three sons of Vallhallarama and Humongously Hotshot would be no competition for Alvin at all. Sometimes, however, it was hard to see her small, runty child as a king.
But she would make sure it would happen.
She would do anything…
---

Finishing everything on the list, Alvin was exhausted. He had a fresh, long, jagged scar across his right hand from trying to pet a terrible terror. The small boy opened the door to hear his mother and father fighting again. If he wasn't mistaken, it was probably about that stupid prophecy about him becoming king. 'Why does it even matter?' Alvin thought to himself while grabbing a bit of wrappings and going up the small, rickety stairs, to his bedroom. 'It's just a prophecy, why does mother care so much?' he pondered as he wound the fabric over his wound. 'After all, a boy such as me can't possibly be royalty.' Rolling his eyes at the thought, he slung himself on his bed like a rag doll. Lying on his back, he looked up to his ceiling and sighed. His eyes slowly closed, drifting into sleep.

A small Deadly Nadder, not far away from Alvin's house, was muttering under his breath. “Why on earth did I have to be born in such a rebellious family?” he growled under his breath. “It is not my fault if I do not particularly want to hurt humans.” The Nadder stated. Not watching where he was going, the young dragon ran into a nearby tree, ripping a wing membrane. He yelped, falling to what he thought would be his demise. Oddly enough, he landed on a nearby roof.

The child’s eyes snapped open when hearing a thud. So much for peace, but he noticed it could not have been his parents, for they were asleep. The Raven haired boy reluctantly slid off his bed and went to the window to see if he could find out what had happened. There was nothing outside. Only the sound of chirping crickets and the view of the beautiful moon, awaited him. He sighed in content. It seemed so beautiful, as if he could reach out and touch it. Soon forgetting about his wretched thoughts of annoying prophecies, Alvin looked to the stars that seemed to shine extra bright that night.

Out of nowhere, a small dragon fell on top of the boy's head, after tumbling off the sloped roof. The child jumped from surprise and looked up to see a small, green Deadly Nadder, who looked straight back at him in bewilderment. Crawling slowly down to his shoulder, the dragon looked at Alvin in silence. It was an amazing moment for the boy who had never been this close to a dragon before. He had seen them behind thin, iron bars, snarling in fury, but that was as close as it had ever gotten. He wanted so badly to reach out his hand and to actually make contact with it. To feel its scaly skin just as the dragon riders of old once did. Despite his feelings, Alvin didn’t move a muscle. He was afraid if he did, the dragon would flee and the moment would be gone to him forever. The young reptile crawled around his arm a few times, looking straight into the human's eyes. Alvin had to blink a lot, for a dragon's gaze is hypnotic.

"And you are?" asked the dragon in Norse, the language of the Vikings. The Outcasts tended to speak Outcastese, but Alvin knew both languages. The boy's eyes widened at hearing the dragon speak in a native tongue.
"Y-You speak Norse…" the boy stuttered in surprise.

"Yes." Replied the dragon, tilting his head. "But who are you?" he questioned once again.
The boy blinked a few times, trying to take this in. Raising a brow, the Deadly Nadder waited for an answer.

"Sorry…" The child apologized. "My name's Alvin, son of Algarick the Red." He smiled, still not believing his ears. This dragon was actually talking to him.

"And I am Naloth the Young, son of Ator Champion of the Skies." The dragon swished his tail, slowly, in a happy manner.

"Was it you who made that thud on the roof?" Alvin looked the dragon, observing him. The Nadder’s rough, green skin felt strange against his soft arm. He was quite small for a Deadly Nadder. ‘Probably a child.’ Alvin thought to himself.

"Actually… yes." Naloth sat down on the boy’s arm, looking away for a second. "I ran away from home you see…"

"But why?" Alvin asked out of curiosity.

"Because… well… because no one understands me."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I'm different. I don't belong there…" The dragon looked to the ground with sad, golden eyes. Alvin understood what the dragon meant, for he had the same problem. His eyes came into connection with the dragon's torn wing membrane.

"You're hurt.” Alvin trailed off and observed it without touching.

"Ripped it, while accidentally flying into a tree…" The skin around Naloth’s horns started to become pink in embarrassment.

"I can fix it… and maybe while we're at it, you can tell me more about yourself?" Alvin offered and the Dragon reluctantly agreed. Nothing was heard that night except for the movement of Alvin's hands, while carefully sewing up the wound, and the small voice of the dragon, telling the story of why he was there.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great story, cant wait for the next chapter.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

draco
09 Jun 2014, 07:21
Great story, cant wait for the next chapter.
Thank you :) it'll probably be posted today or tomorrow since yesterday I got about half of it done.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I like it!

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

The Norse Nerd
09 Jun 2014, 13:37
I like it!

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Hope_and_Heir
09 Jun 2014, 13:39
The Norse Nerd
09 Jun 2014, 13:37
I like it!
Your welcome!

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Yay! After a month of waiting I finally get something! YAY!
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

WasBornCrazy
09 Jun 2014, 14:07
Yay! After a month of waiting I finally get something! YAY!
XD I'm sorry it isn't the next chapter. I can inform you that I am working on it though.

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

UPDATE 2.0: Chapter 2

Hope you enjoy :) It took me almost all day to do it.
Prepare for incoming feels... just a warning.

Spoiler: click to toggle

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Oh.