Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas and Prompts
Topic Started: 16 Nov 2014, 04:30 (8999 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

RealHousewifeofBerk
16 Nov 2014, 01:52
Okay, so I don't usually like fan fictions were Hiccup has a sibling, but lately I've had this idea that was kind of inspired by Big Hero 6, (which I saw today and you really need to go see if you haven't already because it was fantastic, by the way) and it may be a spoiler, so I'm going to put it in a spoiler toggle bar.
Spoiler: click to toggle
I don't know, maybe it sounds Gary Stu-ish, or maybe it'd be more of a BH6 rewrite with HTTYD characters plus an OC. :/
I have an idea similar to this, but I thought of it before you. :P Not claiming that you stole my idea, though! ;)

Osvald the Agreeable takes his son to the Chieftains' Meeting (let's just say that Dagur is in his twenties in the TV series- I'm assuming this because Alvin calls him a "man"- and and the Chieftains' Meeting took place when he was like, six, or something) and he's one of the Chieftains who laughs at Drago. So Dagur witnesses his father being burned to death, right in front of his eyes...
Suddenly, a hand grabs him. He panics, thinking it's the man who murdered his father; but it's actually Stoick.
Together, they swim back to Berk (I'm assuming Drago burnt all of their ships, too?) and Stoick gives him new clothes, and food, and a bed for the night, but when he himself is in bed, he starts to feel sorry for Dagur, and thinks about adopting him, as a replacement for Valka, even though he has baby Hiccup.
So, Dagur becomes Stoick's adopted son, for a while, but when Hiccup starts to grow up enough for his memory to develop, and be able to remember Dagur, Stoick says he has to go, because "we can't have two Chiefs-to-be in this house. Go back to your tribe; reclaim your father's legacy".
Reluctantly, Dagur does, and this is one of the reasons why he resents Stoick so much.
In the episode The Night and the Fury, Dagur starts calling Hiccup his brother, but Hiccup doesn't know, or remember why. However, Dagur certainly does...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

A modern AU which I should really write, because I haven't written any yet, but which I also decided to post here.

Strongly based on 'The Falcon Chronicles ' book series (Tiger Wars, Ghosts of the Forest, Wilds of the Wolf, and soon-to-come, Shark Seas), by Steve Backshall (a British author, and also the presenter of also British TV show Deadly 60 :P ). Those of you who've read, or heard of these books (like me; they're awesome, by the way 8) ) might also be suited to writing this fanfic, if I don't. :P
Drago creates a group of half-dragon, half-human (I know, fanfic cliché :P ) boys (who are basically his version of the Clan, in said series of books), using modern science, who are trained to be murderers, thieves, and assassins. They don't share the appearence of dragons, though- they can't fly, they don't have scales- they only have the characteristics of a dragon, just like the Clan only have the characteristics of an animal.

This could also be changed from a modern AU to a in-time period, in-universe fanfic (sorry, I don't know the official term 8) )- when modern science wasn't around, and so the boys weren't half-dragon, half-human from birth- with the introduction of a rite of passage the boys go through when they are babies, stolen from their villages and their families, which is:
They are put into a den with an Alpha-controlled mother dragon and her babies (but the mother dragon will not hurt them), and from then on, are given no human interaction or contact.
The babies' memories haven't developed yet, so they can't remember Drago, or their parents. It develops as they grow up in the den, so they think that the female dragon has always been their mother.
But their memory is not the only thing that develops during their time with their 'mother'. Their feralness also develops, too. They become less human, and more dragon; when they are angry, they growl, when they are sad, they whimper, they try to fly, by flapping their arms.

When they're completely 'dragonified' :P , usually by their middle-teens, they're removed from the den, and from their 'mother', and 'brothers and sisters', and return to the outside world again.
Upon returning, they're given a name- depending on which dragon they were raised by, and therefore developed the characteristics of, translated into dragon-language (Dovahzul, I believe it's called, although it's not to do with HTTYD)- and a tattoo (which, as well as the naming, was based on the rite of passage that members of the Clan go through- but being put into a animal den-- not a dragon den, as the Clan are trained to develop the characteristics of the animals their DNA is mixed with; e.g., bear, wolf, owl, polecat, etc-- isn't part of the rite; that was actually based on what Torak--- the protagonist in British author Michelle Paver's book, Wolf Brother; book one of the 'Chronicles of Ancient Darkness' series (Wolf Brother, Spirit Walker, Soul Eater, Outcast, Oath Breaker, Ghost Hunter) ; the rest of which, I'm getting for Christmas, hopefully--- 's father did; he put his son in a wolf den when he was small, which gave Torak the ability to sort of speak to wolves; he can read their body language.), known as the Dragonmark (book-verse fans should get the reference 8) ), which symbolises their loyalty to both dragons and humans.
Then, they're trained to be Drago's- who is their "father"- personal bodyguards, assassins, thieves, and murderers- but in such a way that doesn't make them turn human again.
But they're trained together, so they develop a friendship, even a brotherhood, with each other, and form their own nest, of sorts.

Another idea I had, to do with this story, was, what if a hiccup was accidentally stolen from a village, and became half-human, half-dragon (Hiccup, or another hiccup, becoming half-dragon is probably another fanfic cliché, but I think that this is a fresh way of doing it)?

I think a really cool name for this story could be 'Mutation', if it's a modern AU, but 'Feral', if it's a in-time period, in-universe fic. 8) You guys can decide. ^_^
'Mutation'/'Feral' could possibly be a crossover of The Falcon Chronicles...? ^)

Toothless123
Night Fury

I've got another one- from a different fandom this time:
Spoiler: click to toggle

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Here's something random: Hiccup having a nightmare that the Stoick statue/figurehead suddenly became alive and talked. :P

Toothless123
Night Fury

An idea that came to me after reading the blurb and a little bit of a book called the Sin Eater's Daughter:

Excellinor is used as a weapon by her mother because of her fingernails, that were poisoned from birth. She runs away and marries a handsome prince (wow how original :$ ); you guys could put a bit of a twist on it maybe, I don't know. Anyway, by marrying the prince- who is one of the descendants of the last King of the Wilderwest- she starts to fill her head with crazy ideas about how her son could be the next King, since she'd already decided she was going to have a baby with the prince at this point.

Basically, Excellinor's backstory.

I might write it, I'm not sure, but I thought Hope_and_Heir might like to do it more, since she (sorry if you're a boy :$ ) usually writes book fanfics. ;)

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:
I'd like to do this story, but I don't know if I'd have the time for it.

Berk and Arendale from Frozen are two countries on the cusp of war. Elsa sets up a meeting with Chief Hiccup to try to meet a peaceful solution, but because of their deep dislike of each other(both for political and social reasons) reaching a resolution will be very difficult. It kind of reminds me of The Hobbit.

I was going to use this as part of my Andromada's Earth AU, but I really need to work on my original stuff right now.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Toothless123
22 May 2015, 14:36
An idea that came to me after reading the blurb and a little bit of a book called the Sin Eater's Daughter:

Excellinor is used as a weapon by her mother because of her fingernails, that were poisoned from birth. She runs away and marries a handsome prince (wow how original :$ ); you guys could put a bit of a twist on it maybe, I don't know. Anyway, by marrying the prince- who is one of the descendants of the last King of the Wilderwest- she starts to fill her head with crazy ideas about how her son could be the next King, since she'd already decided she was going to have a baby with the prince at this point.

I might write it, I'm not sure, but I thought Hope_and_Heir might like to do it more, since she (sorry if you're a boy :$ ) usually writes book fanfics. ;)
I actually was going to do Excellinor's backstory after Alvin's.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hope_and_Heir
25 Jun 2015, 21:37
Toothless123
22 May 2015, 14:36

I actually was going to do Excellinor's backstory after Alvin's.
Awesome! :D Then maybe you should do mine! ;)

Toothless123
Night Fury

HTTYD, Hunger Games style? Since I've recently become obsessed with the books. 8)

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

HTTYD in a Natsume Yuujinchou AU? (My favorite animated movie mixed with my favorite anime. How nice.)
Something like this