Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
A Dragon Whisperer's Tale: Entering The World Ch.1
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 19:34 (867 Views)
mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

Fact: This story is originally called 'Fiction And reality: Dragon Whisperer' but personally I think that the title is a little generic so I changed before I started posting these on Forumvine. Also, the summary on FF changed at least three times.

Please, read the prologue first before you continue reading.

A silence was formed for a while, and then broken by that same mysterious voice.

“Ken, what’s going on?”

“Wait? Dion, it’s that you?”

I heard grunts and growls from the dragon I am currently riding on, and for whatever reason, they started to make sense.

“What! How are you understanding me? And why now when we are back on this darn island of all things!”

“What’s wrong with Berk?”

“Oh it’s nothing, except for the part where brutal Vikings kill dragons!”

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let’s stop there. As I recalled, Berk, it’s NOT killing dragons. Unless…you came from the time when… that haven’t…happen…”

“What event?”

I shouldn’t tell him… but since I’m here already, I thought, why not?

“Just let me ask a question first, do you have to serve a dragon, which its size is as big as a volcano?”

“How did you…”

“Second, do you see another Night Fury in the Nest?”

“Yes but why are you asking this now? Wait a minute! Humans aren’t supposed to know about the Nest, how did you know about it?”

I guess I’ve never did told him, even when we have met for at least two weeks!

“I hate to bring this up to you but…”

I was interrupted by a huge flock of dragons flying over our heads.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
“Ah, come on. Let me out, please. I need to make my mark.” I said

“Oh, you've made plenty of marks. All in the wrong places.” My mentor said.

“Please, two minutes. I'll kill a dragon. My life will get infinitely better. I might even get a date.” I replied.

It’s time like this that I whished that I wasn’t such a hiccup.

“You can't lift a hammer. You can't swing an axe, you can't even throw one of these.” said my mentor while handling a bola to a Viking outside.

Gobber’s right. I’m too weak to lift almost… anything.

Not even a bola.

But I have just the thing…

“Okay fine, but this will throw it for me.”

Right after I said that, my bola launcher just randomly fired at a Viking outside the forge.

Oops.

“See, now this right here is what I'm talking about.”

“Mild calibration issue…”

“Hiccup. If you ever want to get out there to fight dragons, you need to stop all... this.”

“But you just pointed to all of me!” I said in confusion.

“Yes! That's it! Stop being all of you.”

It melded together in my mind.

“Ohhhh...”

“Ohhhhh, yes.”

“You, sir, are playing a dangerous game.” I bluffed. “Keeping this much, raw... Vikingness contained. There will be consequences!”

Not amused, Gobber said, “I'll take my chances. Sword. Sharpen. Now.”

Sometimes I really hate being the blacksmith’s apprentice but I know that one day I’ll get out there, because killing a dragon is everything around here.

A Nadder head is sure to get me at least noticed.

Gronckles are tough. Taking down one of those would definitely get me a girlfriend.

A Zippelback? Exotic. Two heads, twice the status.

And then there's the Monstrous Nightmare. Only the best Vikings go after those. They have this nasty habit of setting themselves on fire.

But the ultimate prize is the Dragon no one has ever seen. We call it the…Night Fury.

This thing never steals food, never shows itself, and... never misses. No one has ever killed a Night Fury. That's why I'm going to be the first.

“Man the fort, Hiccup, they need me out there!”

Here’s my chance to prove that I’m not a scrawny fishbone that couldn’t do anything right.

“Stay. Put. There. You know what I mean.”

I ignored him.

I ran as fast as I could while pushing my experimental bola launcher into the field.

I opened up the bola launcher, eagerly waiting for a target to shoot down.

“Come on. Gimme something to shoot at, gimme something to shoot at.”

I heard a whistle-like noise, followed by a roar.

Then, a shadowy figure flied across he sky. Right at that split second, I pulled the trigger. The bola came flying out like a shooting star.

For a moment, there was only silence, then followed by a screeching shriek.

“Oh I hit it! Yes, I hit it! Did anybody see that?”

Next thing I know, there was a giant Monstrous Nightmare right behind, crushing my machine into tiny little pieces.

Oh gods, this is probably the worst day of my life, not that I had already had a few.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
“So what you are saying is that a Viking boy will befriend the Night Fury which I always looked up as a brother and the entire event is retold by a format known as a movie which consists of fast moving pictures so that the human eyes can be fooled to think that it’s actually moving?”

“You don’t need to go that detailed…but yes, that’s exactly what happened.”

“Why didn’t you tell me then?”

“Well first, I don’t feel it’s necessary and two, the most important one, is that since the day I know you, I weren’t supposed to understand what you were saying, at least in my world.

“Oh.”

The awkward silence happened again. Man, why do things has to be so awkward between us?

I mean, we were good friends right?

We’ve played together, we’ve eaten lunch together. And now that I think about it, raw fish isn’t that bad, except for the scales and bones. Those are, one disgusting and two, made it difficult to swallow.

My trance of thought was broken by Dion. ”Wait! I remembered something!”

“What? What is it?”

“It’s a legend that runs around the entire Archipelago. It stated that two heroes will rise and stop that…that…monstrosity that is I used to serve.”

“So what you’re saying is you wanted to leave this place because, A. there’s Vikings that can kill you at any moment during raids, B. You hated to serve that huge dragon and C. you don’t want to get eaten by said dragon.”

“Yep, pretty much.”

“By the way, are you sure you recalled the legend correctly?”

“Why do you want to ask me that?”

For a moment, I couldn’t answer him.

Or should I say I wouldn’t answer him?

Having already read close to one hundred fan fiction, the fan boy in me couldn’t resist asking that question. Given the ridiculous circumstance, I’ll say that I might be in an elaborate story, cleverly paced by someone who imagined themselves to be in this sort of situation.

No, it’s impossible, I can’t be in a story.

My trance of thought was once again broken by a huge ‘thump’ in the forest.

Yep, the narratives is either falling apart or picking back up. To me, the only reason that I'm trying to finish it because I don't want a story unfinished. So, it might be a bit mediocre, with predictable plots and twists.

Edit: It's now on DA. Link:A Dragon Whisperer's Tale: Entering The World
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote