Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
'There Were Dragons…'
Topic Started: 18 Jun 2014, 07:11 (2714 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I apologize in advance if anything is grammatically incorrect. I wrote this on my phone's notes, and I always do better on my laptop.

There were dragons...
Oneshot
---

The clouds dotted the bright, blue sky that surrounded the boy and dragon. Letting the breeze flow through his auburn, unruly hair, his green eyes enclosed under thin eyelids, he truly felt that this was living. A free feeling took over the young adult, almost daring him to go faster. The Night Fury's thick frame brushed against the air with effortlessness. Ears back against his head, the dragon felt the same calmness grace over him. Nothing could possibly go wrong in those moments; it was just them and the wind.

Speaking of the wind, it always seemed to be on their side, carrying them through the world with ease. The man finally opened his eyes, to see his best friend staring back at him. He and the dragon were inseparable, having the most amazing bond that any two different creatures could ever share. Nothing would ever happen to this unlikely friendship. They'd always be together, but bad things happen, of course. The sky slowly turned dark, with the dragon's black, sleek body falling into darkness, into oblivion. The brunette was unable to do anything but scream his friend's name in horror. The human didn't fall, instead he kept gliding this time at a new pace, and with a new feeling, the feeling of loss. His flight became slower and less fluent. The wind was no longer his friend.

Hiccup woke up with a hand at his chest, it was only a dream. The now fifty year old man sighed with slight content, it was simply a dream dating back to the old days, the days of dragon riding. Oh how he loved that free feeling. A calm came over him and he told himself Toothless was fine, that Toothless was right at the foot of his bed as normal. Reaching a pale hand out, he expected it to meet with a warm, scaly body, but instead it met the cold, empty sheets of where his friend used to be. It all came back to him at once. Toothless hadn't been with him for years… why did he think tonight would be any different? The guilt rushed to him. It was all his fault that Toothless wasn't here, that all the dragons weren't here, and it always would be. He'd lost his best friend, because of one little mistake. There were dragons when he was a boy, and now the dragons had disappeared to where they had originally came from. But one day they'd all come back… he just knew it.

Idea Credit: Cometotheberkside
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

*Gapes at the computer looking like a drunken idiot*

:O

:D

That was....

AWESOME!
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Ahh that was beautiful and sad!

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

WasBornCrazy
18 Jun 2014, 11:30
*Gapes at the computer looking like a drunken idiot*

:O

:D

That was....

AWESOME!
XD why thank you!
cometotheberkside
18 Jun 2014, 11:35
Ahh that was beautiful and sad!
Yay! I got my bittersweet feel across xD

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

Here's my cover for it.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

This is amazing!

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

How do you do these beautiful covers? :)

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

cometotheberkside
18 Jun 2014, 14:46
Honestly I have no idea xD I just kind of um… find high quality pics and put them places… I don't know it's complicated X'D

I guess I think of my major point in the story and invision that as a picture. Then I find pics(or draw a picture) that expresses that feeling to me. For instance with this one, I wanted a sort of nostalgic feel, and while writing them flying the teaser trailer was stuck in my head. For some reason when I think of flashbacks they seem kinda cloudy and bittersweet, so I thought of clouds being the background. I slapped a picture of Toothless' tail fin on the cover because that's a major turning point in Hiccup's life, and I added Him and Toothy on the top having fun to give it that happy feel.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Hope_and_Heir
18 Jun 2014, 14:53
cometotheberkside
Honestly I have no idea xD I just kind of um… find high quality pics and put them places… I don't know it's complicated X'D

I guess I think of my major point in the story and invision that as a picture. Then I find pics(or draw a picture) that expresses that feeling to me. For instance with this one, I wanted a sort of nostalgic feel, and while writing them flying the teaser trailer was stuck in my head. For some reason when I think of flashbacks they seem kinda cloudy and bittersweet, so I thought of clouds being the background. I slapped a picture of Toothless' tail fin on the cover because that's a major turning point in Hiccup's life, and I added Him and Toothy on the top having fun to give it that happy feel.
Ahh ^_^ Maybe I should start drawing a rough draft first, before actually piecing it together ;) By the way, what font did you use for the word "dragons?"

Hope_and_Heir

[/color]

cometotheberkside
18 Jun 2014, 20:00
Hope_and_Heir
18 Jun 2014, 14:53
cometotheberkside

Ahh ^_^ Maybe I should start drawing a rough draft first, before actually piecing it together ;) By the way, what font did you use for the word "dragons?"
I used Astralasia :) downloaded from Dafont.com I also really like Volstead :P