Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
A Dragon Discovery (Name may be changed)
Topic Started: 29 Jun 2014, 08:15 (2364 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

A Dragon Discovery - Chapter 1: How To Find Your Dragon

This is my new story! Don't worry though, I'll be updating the Monologue Of A Madman soon! :D
"Arick! Come here!'
"Yes, Father...' I sighed, getting out of bed and putting my tunic, furs, and boots on.
'What did you want me for, Father?' I asked, once I was downstairs.
'Get the nets. We're going dragon-hunting.'
'What?! Father, no! We don't have to!' I pleaded.
'Try telling that to Konaar.'
I sighed. I still didn't understand why we had to go dragon-hunting, just because the Chief said so, and because of the War.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'Okay, Arick, go and check if there's any dragons about.'
'Yes, Father.'
I walked into the woods. After a few minutes of walking, I heard a tiny squeaking sound. I followed it, and came across a baby Nadder.
It squeaked even louder.
'Shhhh! My father will hear you!' I whispered, grabbing the dragon by the neck.
It twisted around, and gave me a nasty bite on the arm.
'OW!' I screamed, but I still managed to stuff the Nadder into my dragon-hunting bag.
'Arick! Are you okay, son? I heard you yelling.'
'Oh, yeah, Dad, I'm fine. Just a little bite.'
My father examined my arm and winced.
'Doesn't look like a "little bite" to me, Arick. We'd better see to it, before it gets infected.'
Infected...
Some of the best dragon-hunters on the island had died from infected dragon bites.
I could already see a bruise coming up.
'What've you got in that bag, Arick?'
The bag squeaked.
'Nothing...'
Like most Vikings, my father wasn't too bright, so he just shrugged. He took me gently by my bitten arm, and put the bag in the other.
The Nadder didn't like the change of movement and squeaked again.
I broke away from my father's grip, and banged the bag, hard, against a nearby tree.
The Nadder stopped squeaking.
'That'll keep you quiet." I muttered.
My father didn't hear me, and we continued walking back home.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

A Dragon Discovery - Chapter 2: How To Hide Your Dragon

"Arick, stay in bed. Don't even think about getting up. You need to rest your arm.'
"But, Dad, it's only a little bite!'
'I'm not taking any chances. What if the dragon's bite was poisonous? The village elder's coming to take a look at it tomorrow. Now try and get some sleep.'
'Okay...'
'Good boy, Arick.'
I did try to do as he said, but it was really hard. I was too busy thinking to go to sleep. So instead, I just stayed awake.
Suddenly, I remembered.
The bag with the Nadder inside it was in the corner of my room.
I panicked. It could have bitten through it, or burnt though it...
The smell of smoke answered my question.
"AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"
'FATHER!"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I love it so far ;) but you sure you can handle so many stories at once? ^_^

Toothless123
Night Fury

I think so... :D Like I said, I'll get back to the Monolouge Of A Madman soon! :D

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Toothless123
29 Jun 2014, 18:06
I think so... :D Like I said, I'll get back to the Monolouge Of A Madman soon! :D
Great to hear that! ;)
Spoiler: click to toggle

Toothless123
Night Fury

cometotheberkside
29 Jun 2014, 18:18
Toothless123
Great to hear that! ;)
Well, I guess I've just run out of ideas... I might need to go to the Writing Help thread again... :ermm:

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Toothless123
29 Jun 2014, 19:19
cometotheberkside
29 Jun 2014, 18:18
Toothless123
Great to hear that! ;)
Well, I guess I've just run out of ideas... I might need to go to the Writing Help thread again... :ermm:
I think you have the same problem as me. I get bored of an idea and after posting it I just don't want to anymore. That or I run out of plot twists
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Toothless123
Night Fury

Yeah... I have some more ideas for this story though! :D

Toothless123
Night Fury

A Dragon Discovery - Chapter 2: How To Become An Outcast

I jumped out of bed, and grabbed onto the handrail of the stairs with my bitten arm. I gasped in pain, and fell down the stairs, landing in a heap on the floor. I could feel heat, and burns forming on my face. I covered up my head, drew my knees up, and closed my eyes.
So, this is what it feels like to die, I thought. To be burned to death.
"ARICK!'
Someone grabbed me by my shirt, and pulled me out of the burning house.
I was still seeing flames, so it took a while for my vision to finally clear.
"Father!'
But my father's face did not light up with joy. Instead, he looked angrier than I had ever seen him.
He grabbed me by the shirt again, and dragged me along.
"I've always told you, Arick, one day, you're going to do something that will get you into serious trouble. And then Konaar will probably banish you. Well, I think this is that day.' He gestured to the inferno that was the Great Hall.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"This boy- this Hiccup- Arick, has been charged with burning down the Great Hall, and for forming a friendship with a dragon. He will be sentenced to banishment, and be left to starve, and become an Outcast. My decision is final. Any objections from the Outcast, or his father, and the boy will meet a far worse fate."

Toothless123
Night Fury

A Dragon Discovery - Chapter 3: How To Murder A Chief (Name changed)

"And as for your dragon...' Konaar gestured to the chained-up Nadder.
'...It will be killed.'
He took an axe from his belt, and started to walk towards the dragon.
'You might not want to watch this...' he snarled.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The humans' Alpha started to walk towards me. He was holding one of the things that they use to cut off heads in his paw.
I remembered my old master. He was an Alpha too, and he used to do the same thing when he was displeased with the other dragons that I lived with. At the memory of him, or maybe it was because the human was walking towards me, I squawked with terror, and felt my spines raise. Then before I knew what I was doing, the Alpha was lying on the floor, with my spines sticking out of him. I went over to him, and sniffed him. He didn't move.
Oh no! What have I done?! I thought. Now he will blast me with his ice breath!
I waited for him to roar in rage, and blast me. He didn't.
On closer look, I noticed that there was red liquid spurting out of gashes in his skin.
We dragons like to think of ourselves as more intelligent than humans, and I knew that the Alpha could not lose this much 'blood' and live.
His subjects didn't seem to notice this.
They were crowding around him, and shouting in their language.
I could smell that my new master was among them. I couldn't see him, because he was in my blind spot. He didn't smell like my old master. He smelled nice; of love and trust, most of the time.
Now he smelled of fear and anger, like my old master. My old master also had another Alpha, who was bigger than him. The other Alpha feared him though. It should be the other way around; my old master should have feared the other Alpha. The other Alpha smelled of fear, more than anger. But my old master smelled more of anger, than fear. There was a time, when he smelled more of fear than anger.
My new master ran over to me, and got onto my back. I had never been ridden before, and I would have panicked. But I didn't feel scared of being ridden by my new master, like I had with my old one. My old master used to hit me, to make me go faster, and if I didn't go fast enough, he would scream at me. Sometimes, when he was really angry, he hit me with his metal hand. That hurt a lot more than when he hit me with his normal hand. When he hit me with his normal hand, it hardly hurt at all, because dragon scales are tough. But when he hit me with his metal hand, it stung terribly. He also used to scratch my scales with the claws he had on his metal hand. They always left scars.
In my heart, I knew that my new master would never do such terrible things to me as my old master had done, even though he had bashed me against a tree when he had kidnapped me. I think the reason why he would not do those things, is because of something you humans call 'love'.