Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
lazy days
Topic Started: 02 Aug 2014, 18:01 (2183 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I was at a pool yesterday and they had HTTYD 2 ice cream (those frozen cups of ice cream with a prize at the bottom) and I got a little tiny Hiccup figure as a prize and I don't know this idea just popped into my head while I was there so I scribbled it down and probably made a billion mistakes. Hey, typing on an iPad is hard >.<
Anyway, here it is. It's set after Defenders of Berk and sometime before How to Train Your Dragon 2 so Hiccup is probably 18-ish.
Comments and constructive criticism are always welcome :)

lazy days

An ever-familiar lake came into view over the crest of a hill as a pair of wings began to fold against night-black scales.
They hadn't been to the cove in a while, Toothless realized as he landed on the sun-warmed earth surrounding the pool of water in the center of the clearing and skidded several steps before he stopped, a cloud of dust rising up around them and making the dragon sneeze. Moments later, he felt Hiccup's weight disappearing from his shoulders as the young man slid put of the saddle and began to fiddle with the straps and buttons on his strange new suit and prosthetic. The dragon huffed. Like always.
Toothless left him to his inventions and made his way over to the water, stopping at its edge to gaze at his own reflection. The same old green eyes stared back at him, set in the same old scaly black face with those same old ear flaps and frills.
Something was different, he noted as he tilted his head this way and that, trying to figure out what it was that was making him feel strangely older.
When he titled his chin slightly upwards, he saw them. Three new little nubs on either side of his face, protruding from his lower jaw.
When did he get those?
Toothless leaned down until his nose was just above the water and wondered how he hadn't noticed those before, they were so obvious and-
something heavy barreled into him from behind, sending the Night Fury tumbling into the lake with a screech of surprise.
Toothless landed on his back in the water- which was not very deep, he knew he could touch the bottom if he stood on his hind legs- and for several seconds he flailed around helplessly until his feet found the sand and his head broke the surface.
Hiccup was going to die.
Toothless whirled around and found himself face-to-face with his grinning rider.
Hiccup's leather armor had been discarded and he was swimming in only a pair of gray pants. Finally, the dragon thought to himself, he takes that stupid thing off.
Toothless reared up out of the water and rose a few feet into the air- as far as his locked tail fin would allow- and then dove straight down.
He hit the water face-first just slightly to the left of Hiccup, creating a massive splash that soaked the boy thoroughly. When he resurfaced, Hiccup was laughing and moving toward him.
"I should've taken this off before." the boy was saying. Toothless didn't understand what he said, as always, but Hiccup's hands found the straps on his saddle and the dragon waited as his rider removed the gear- unfortunately, since the tail went with it, that meant no more surprise dives.
Finally, when all of the pedals and straps and other things Toothless didn't know what to call were removed and set out to dry, Hiccup waded in until the water reached his chest and his dragon paddled over to him, crooning contentedly.
Toothless blew bubbles from his nose and snorted, swimming circles around Hiccup and occasionally splashing the boy with a flick of his tail.
"We need to do this more often, bud." Hiccup sighed. Toothless warbled and decided that Hiccup sounded happy, and that was a good thing after the drama the past few years had brought.
He told himself that they needed more days like this one- lazy hours spent in the company of good friends, doing nothing at all. It was oddly relaxing.
Toothless rolled onto his back and watched the clouds moving overhead like fluffy white sheep, dancing across an endless blue pasture.
Whatever the coming years would bring, he would be ready, as long as he could stay by Hiccup's side.

(It's 12 AM and I need to at least get in bed so g'night)
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

This was written really nicely!

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I find it weird that I read this after going swimming...

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

This was amazing! :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Whitefang

<3 thanks you guys!

@The Norse Nerd- weird coincidence? ;)
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

Nice! :)
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great job. I liked it. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Whitefang

:D Thanks!!!