Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragons, Trappers, Masters (HIATUS OVER! FINALLY!)
Topic Started: 19 Oct 2014, 15:47 (5608 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

cometotheberkside
19 Oct 2014, 19:38
It's pretty good. I wasn't really flummoxed but yes, it is still a bit confusing. True, it is hard to write detective work :) I wonder how mystery writers do it...
:)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hey, guys! Here's the next chapter! But first, I'd like to talk about what's going to happen in it, which I never do. :P
Because I was curious to find out what the proper name for Drago's dragonskin is, I Googled the difference between a cloak and a cape. It turns out that Drago's dragonskin is actually a cloak, because unlike a cape, cloaks usually go past the thighs, and a cape usually doesn't, and cloaks tend to often be floor-length, or even trail the floor. Drago's dragonskin is quite long; I remember seeing that it reached his boots in one particular shot. And historically, cloaks have been used as a status symbol for social class. Drago is the commander of a dragon and human army, and he's also apparently strong enough to take down a Night Fury, so wearing the skin of that dragon would be a way for him to show his status, and it would also be a trophy. So, that's why I call it a cloak instead of a cape in this chapter, and I'll continue to do that. ;)
But, back to discussing the chapter, which I still haven't done... :P
There's a bit of Stormfly-Eret bonding in this chapter. Hey, I had to include it somehow, didn't I? :D And, at the end of this chapter, you'll probably go :blink: :P . After I wrote that part, I saved the chapter, and closed Wordpad, but it just seemed like a bit of a dark way to end the chapter, so I added a bit, and ended it on a happy note! :D
But, discussing the chapter aside, here it is! ;)
Spoiler: click to toggle

Toothless123
Night Fury

And here we have an explanation as to why I haven't updated this fanfic for like a week, and why I might still be a while doing so.
-I broke the hinge on my laptop lid (WHY DID I DO THAT?!), and my dad's been gluing it back together for me. He said it might be finished tonight, though.
-I had to go and stay somewhere for a day on Monday, and when my dad came to pick me up from said place :P and we were leaving, his car motor didn't start. Which meant that he had to call my mum to come and pick us up in her car, and we had to leave his car behind. By the time we got back home, it was about 9:00, which meant that I only had an hour and a half before I had to go to bed.
Wednesday- Because my dad was starting his new job, it meant that me and my mum had to get up early (which I like doing anyway :P ) to drive him there. After doing that, we went to the place where my dad's car had been left, and called a garage to fix it. They came and took his car away, and we waited for a phonecall from them to say that the car had been fixed.
Anyway, we waited a long time, until we got a phonecall saying that the problem with the car was a sensory thing in the motor ( :huh: :P ) and they also said that the latest that it'd be done by was 4 o'clock. We went to a garden centre to pass the time :P , and at 5 o'clock, we went to pick up my dad from work, and drove to the garage to get his car. He got in it, and drove home, and I had a chicken fillet burger from the KFC drive-thru. :P Then, finally, it was our turn to drive home, by which time I think it was like 8:00. But I couldn't go on my laptop to work on this fanfic, because my dad was still repairing it.
Hours in car= Five and a half. :blink: :O
So, to put it simply, I've had a busy couple of days. :P

-And also, not going to give any spoilers :P , but, relating to the story's plot (no, I haven't got writers' block or anything! :P ), I did have something that I wanted to do, and I had how I was going to do that all figured out, but now I've thought of a better idea, and so I want to use that one... which means that I'll have to figure out how that's going to work, too.
But what I'll do is, I'll post all my ideas for what's going to happen next, and I'll let you guys decide which one is best! ;)
See you in a while! :D

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hey, guys! :D I'm back with another chapter, after 20 days :O :blink: of not updating this story. I have a few reasons, besides the ones which I mentioned in my above posts.
-I've been changing the plot of what's going to happen next a lot, but I will post my drafts. I think the one I've chosen is the best, because it had a lot more options and potential chapters as a result.
-I actually finished the next chapter a while ago, but I didn't post it, because I wanted to write the "potential chapters". I just felt like I had to write the plot of the idea that I chose before I posted the next chapter. Sorry for my OCD. :D
-Because I've been writing the potential chapters, they tended to get kind of mixed up, so I organised them, which took even more time.

So, now you've heard my reasons, I'll get on with what's going to happen in the chapter- there's going to be a new OC, albeit a minor one, as his only appearance is in this chapter, so I'm not sure if he counts as an OC. :/ Still, I will at some time be posting him in the 'OCs' thread, as well as some other ones, when they're introduced in later chapters. ;) Let me know what you think of him! :D

Oh, and also, I'm changing the *insert character here* POV to their emoticon again! :D I just think it's easier. ;)

Anyway, here is the really long chapter! :D
Chapter Twenty-Five - Of Legends and Punishments

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Author's Note
As of tomorrow, I'll have not updated this fanfic for two whole months. I think it's time I told you guys my explanation for that.

Basically, I've been busy- and I'm sure all of you have too- with Christmas and everything, but because I didn't have time to work on this fanfic then, when I did have time, I just kind of felt like I couldn't be bothered. -_-
Actually, about not having time to work on this fanfic- I don't really need to write anything new on it- as it's virtually finished, at least on my computer anyway- except a little bit to finish of the last chapter, I think. It's more a case of doing that and uploading the finished chapters to here and FanFiction.

I wanted to at least write something, so I focused on starting a couple of new fanfics- one HTTYD one and two Chronicles of Ancient Darkness ones.
I don't know when I could reach a point in those to post the finished chapters of this fanfic- I think finishing their current chapters would be good.

So, at least you know the wait won't be long- although I'm considering this story officially on hiatus.

(Speaking of hiatus, it's been so long since I've updated Fireproof that I've actually forgotten what's happening... :$ :/ :P I guess you could say it's a form of writer's block... :P Could you guys give me some ideas of what could happen next- in a PM, preferably-?)
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

Toothless123
Night Fury

So, DTM is officially back on track! :D

I can't be bothered to actually post them here XD, so I'll just be lazy and give you the links to the new chapters XD :)

Chapter Twenty-Six - Setting Up Camp

Chapter Twenty-Seven - Stories - Part One: Qomorah's Story

Chapter Twenty-Eight - Stories - Part Two: Hiccup's Story

Chapter Twenty-Nine - Stories - Part Three: Drago's Story

Chapter Thirty - Stories - Part Four: Valka's Story

Chapter Thirty-One - Stories: Part Five: Drago's Story - Continued (I worded it as 'Cont' in the actual chapter name, but that was because 'Continued' wouldn't fit in. ;)

Anyway, enjoy the new chapters! :)