Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
king
Topic Started: 10 Aug 2014, 07:47 (1146 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Hi again, I wrote something dumb for a third time lol
I find it hard to write from a human point of view so I stick to dragons.
Here's another one, featuring Cloudjumper and the Bewilderbeast because they're both awesome.
Spoilers for Dragon 2, just warning you!

"king"

He follows his Alpha like a man follows his king, putting every ounce of his being into following the orders given to him.
But as Cloudjumper sat watching the current situation, he couldn't help but doubt the Bewilderbeast's last command.
The first blast had been fired in mid-afternoon. Boulders had crashed into the icy ceiling and walls, weakening the structure and startling the dozing dragons inside.
The king's order to escape is heard from below as the Alpha begins to stir from his watery bed, pushing the sleeping dragons around him toward the ceiling. The Stormcutter turns to find Valka and the others gone. The only dragon left by the entrance to the main chamber is a large Rumblehorn watching the chaos.
Cloudjumper pushes past the beetle-like dragon and dives into the main chamber, making a beeline for the Bewilderbeast.
At the last moment he swoops upward, tail dragging in the water, and calls out to the Alpha,
"Wouldn't it be better to stay and wait, see what they want?"
The Alpha turns his enormous head and searches for several seconds before he seems to match voice with face and his eyes land on Cloudjumper.
He doesn't speak for a minute or so, and in the time that the Alpha's eyes are on him Cloudjumper hears another stone crash into the walls, followed by what sounds like the scream of a Deadly Nadder.
Finally, the Alpha's mouth opens ever so slightly and he mutters,
"I don't know."
Cloudjumper realizes that behind that intimidating stare and battle-worn face is just another dragon, not some god or great ruler the outside dragons speak of. He's doing what he can for them and making decisions alone.
The Alpha turns away from him and stares at the water beneath his feet, refusing to meet Cloudjumper's gaze. A heartbeat later, Valka is calling to him from behind and he whirls around, spotting her on a rocky outcropping just below and diving down to her level.
She climbs onto his back and stands, tapping his side a few times with her staff. He recognizes her signal to rise and does so, flapping his four wings in unison until they're just above the Bewilderbeast's head. The giant Alpha begins to move upward, struggling to get a foothold on the moss-covered rocks. Valka taps his side again and Cloudjumper dives a little lower, wings splaying after a moment to slow their fall. The Bewilderbeast rises higher, Cloudjumper and Valka staying just above him, until his great tusks break the ice and he's free, swinging his head around with a mighty roar. His tusks smash into the surrounding ice and his huge jaws open as he breathes a stream of freezing water onto the people below, advancing further as it turns to ice.
Cloudjumper's spine tingles as he glances around- something's not quite right. His eyes finally land on the chains descending into the water from several of Drago's ships and he realizes there is no way the man will go down so easily. Something is eerily familiar about the bubbles that rise from between those ships, he just can't quite think of it.

When the dark Alpha emerges from beneath the waves, Cloudjumper can only pray that his king is prepared.

I made up the thing about Valka's signals and stuff because I needed a way for them to communicate >.<
Comments and constructive criticism are ALWAYS appreciated :D
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

This one is pretty good :D
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

Whitefang

SplashTheScauldron
11 Aug 2014, 10:53
This one is pretty good :D
:3 thanks!
Find me on tumblr!

8)

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Great work! Your writing has a nice flow to it.

Whitefang

cometotheberkside
11 Aug 2014, 13:59
Great work! Your writing has a nice flow to it.
<3 Thanks! I struggle a lot with making it flow and I end up going over it 6 times adding in little things >.<
Find me on tumblr!

8)