Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Soul of a Dragon [sequel to Heart of a Chief]
Topic Started: 28 Nov 2014, 18:13 (9647 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I just read the whole thing in the span of an hour or so... And I am dying for more... Good job!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I'M FINALLY BACK, WOOOAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

It's the Christmas holidays, which means NO SCHOOL and NO WRITER'S BLOCK! (well, partly)

Here it is (finally): chapter 11!
Spoiler: click to toggle
This one hasn't been proof-read, so make sure to let me know of any typos, grammar mistakes, etc!
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great chapter :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

BerserkDragon

Finally. Back. xD

SCREW YOU WRITER'S BLOCK AHAHAHAHAHA I'M FREE NOW
Let me know of typos and the like, no proofread this time ;)

Also I AM THE QUEEN OF PLOT TWISTS AND UNEXPECTED THINGS MUAHAHAHA
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

This is a really interesting turn of events! :P

nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

In spoiler tags as it is not in relation to the story
But in regards to the fanfic, really great plot twist, as cometotheberkside said! I can't help thinking that the Vikings might have known what horses were though, as they probably used them as a mode of transport other than ships before they made peace with dragons. ;) At least, that would explain why Hiccup's friends and the other Vikings learnt to ride them so quickly.
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."

BerserkDragon

Thank you both!! :D yissss plot twists are my thing xDD

@nightfury123 - True, but they've never mentioned any knowledge of horses beforehand and we've never seen any in the franchise, plus I think the dragons would probably eat them if there were any on Berk or on the nearby islands xD
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Toothless123
Night Fury

BerserkDragon
05 Apr 2015, 20:18
@nightfury123 - True, but they've never mentioned any knowledge of horses beforehand and we've never seen any in the franchise, plus I think the dragons would probably eat them if there were any on Berk or on the nearby islands xD
Well, I hate to contradict you on that point, but... :P

In the second episode of the first season of the TV series- Viking for Hire- I believe Gobber says something along the lines of "I've made a lot of saddles in my time. Horse, donkey, and now dragon." This suggests that although we've never actually seen them, they are ridden by the Vikings. ;)

And I don't think the dragons would eat them, even if we haven't seen them (maybe that's the reason why we haven't seen any? :blink: :P ), said reptiles :P were taught to not frighten the other domesticated animals that we have seen around Berk. ;) And they weren't going to eat them anyway (well, they used to...) ; the animals just thought they were.

Edit: Wait a second... MY OLD ACCOUNT IS BACK!!!!! :) :) :) I think... :/ Unless it's just a glitch...

BerserkDragon

Toothless123
05 Apr 2015, 20:54
BerserkDragon
05 Apr 2015, 20:18
Well, I hate to contradict you on that point, but... :P

In the second episode of the first season of the TV series- Viking for Hire- I believe Gobber says something along the lines of "I've made a lot of saddles in my time. Horse, donkey, and now dragon." This suggests that although we've never actually seen them, they are ridden by the Vikings. ;)

And I don't think the dragons would eat them, even if we haven't seen them (maybe that's the reason why we haven't seen any? :blink: :P ), said reptiles :P were taught to not frighten the other domesticated animals that we have seen around Berk. ;) And they weren't going to eat them anyway (well, they used to...) ; the animals just thought they were.

Edit: Wait a second... MY OLD ACCOUNT IS BACK!!!!! :) :) :) I think... :/ Unless it's just a glitch...
Oh yea, I'd forgotten that :D well, imma go with the theory that even though Gobber has made saddles for them, we've never seen any actually being ridden or seen Hiccup encounter any ;)
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Toothless123
Night Fury

BerserkDragon
06 Apr 2015, 08:34
Oh yea, I'd forgotten that :D well, imma go with the theory that even though Gobber has made saddles for them, we've never seen any actually being ridden or seen Hiccup encounter any ;)
Okay. ;) Maybe we'll get to see some in the third season! :) Then again, horses might be difficult to animate... :/