Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The Clue of the Missing Socks
Topic Started: 11 Jan 2016, 02:35 (3101 Views)
DrumsOfBerk95
Hatchling

Here is my first of three fan-fictions I have written. I hope you guys enjoy this. I'll be starting by posting the first four chapters of my story.

Oh, any pointers on how to better use the formatting for posting or how to better keep track of chapters in the future, or really any pointers at all, feel free to tell me as they will be duly noted and appreciated.

Author Note: Chapter 1 is an introductory or forward to the story. Chapter 2 is a narration with dialogue to set up the plot. Chapter 3 starts with my character, Jarl Mollerson, the story is then told by Jarl Mollerson's point of view.

Chapter 1
The Dawn of a New Beginning
Spoiler: click to toggle
Chapter 2
Disappearances
Chapter 3
Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 4
Troll or No Troll: That is the Question
Chapter 5
A Major Clue
Chapter 6
Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 7
Alvin and Dagur Working Together?
Chapter 8
New Ally

Picture made by me using Pixlr.com and Google Images. Any of you can use it, just make sure to give me credit ^.^ :D
(Btw, its a play on words and a reference to Batman >.< )
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Wow, it's already up! I'll be sure to check it out, but right now I'm going to go finish Remembrance. Can't wait to read it, though!
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

DrumsOfBerk95
Hatchling

New chapters are posted: Chapters 5-8

Picture made by me using Pixlr.com and Google Images. Any of you can use it, just make sure to give me credit ^.^ :D

Crystallion12

Ok, whoo! Done! That actually didn't take too long!

Nice work with your word choice and the writing- I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, especially when it came down to business!

I especially enjoyed the beginning, with Gobber's socks. XD.

The only issue I can see, is that with Berk being quite the small place, a small village, you would know everyone there by the time you're in the teen years- Stoick, Hiccup, the Gang especially, being Chiefs (Stoic, then Hiccup respectively),and the teens, because of Dragon Riding, and basically saving Berk's butt every single time and issue comes up.

(An exception is if they're new to the place, or the character is young)

Other than this minor issue, I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I eagerly await more. :D
Crystallion12

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

DrumsOfBerk95
Hatchling

Thanks. This is my first fan-fiction I have ever wrote. I've started a couple of others, but this was the first one I actually completed. The chapters are short in the beginning. And believe it or not, the quality just gets better from here. You think it is good now, just wait. That is me saying it, that is what others have said about it on the School of Dragons Forum.

I get more engaged with the writing, storyline, action, mystery, and overall quality the further you get into my book.

I know. XD. I didn't know how people were going to like my story, so I tried to think of a title that was catchy and made users take a second look at it. It isn't very often that you find a book title that includes Socks. :P I actually created the storyline to fit the title.

I keep thesaurus.com handy so I can look up any synonyms to words very quickly.

I've realized that too, but with the movies and tv series, that is all that we have seen because the main character is obviously Hiccup. Say with Star Wars: Rebels, we knew there was always a story to tell from Star Wars Episode III to IV, but we never knew what it was until they actually did the story. I see fan-fiction in that light. My story(ies) are that story that doesn't show up in the movies and tv shows because it didn't involve Hiccup and the gang but tell a different story that the movies and tv shows didn't cover because they're focused on Hiccup.

For how my characters "save the day", they basically work in the background and on their own apart from Hiccup. Because Hiccup is apart of the starting line up, per say, while my characters are the supporting cast that go unnoticed from the movies and tv shows point of view. But my stories tell the possible stories that could have unfolded say between episodes, during episodes but in other places where the Academy Riders are not.

I realized this issue, and worked it into my story and you'll see it at some point in my story, I forget what chapter. You should see several references to the tv show and movies. I love references, so I do my homework on episodes and included references to the episodes.

They is plenty more... More mystery... more action/battle scenes... more dragons... more vikings...... and more socks. :P ^_^

DrumsOfBerk95
Hatchling

Chapters 9-16

Chapter 9
Pebbles
Chapter 10
Storm at Sea
Chapter 11
Return to Berk
Chapter 12
Odd Tone
Chapter 13
Fire in the Armory
Chapter 14
Figure in the Rain
Chapter 15
Drying Out
Chapter 16
Tracking Tracks

DrumsOfBerk95
Hatchling

Chapters 17-22

Chapter 17
A New Player
Chapter 18
Thunder and Fire
Chapter 19
Planning a Trap
Chapter 20
Training Dragons and Working Traps
Chapter 21
Two Sides to Every Story
Chapter 22
Startling News

Crystallion12

Wow, finally done! It's really getting tense now- keep up the nice work! Also, quick question, is Jarl going to get his dragon in the story...?

Crystallion12.

DrumsOfBerk95
Hatchling

Yes, Jarl will get his dragon in the story. You'll see that in the next batch of chapters I'll post.

Crystallion12

Great! Can't wait!

Crystallion12.