Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Goodbye, Bud
Topic Started: 27 Sep 2014, 06:37 (1927 Views)
hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

So, after commenting on the ending speculations topic in the "How To Train Your Dragon 3" thread, I felt like writing my own fan fiction ending and post it here. Anyone care to read it? please? ^)

Like I said in the actual story, this may contain spoilers. I don't know for sure of course, but might as well mention it.

Hope you will enjoy!

To the story!

And for good massure, the cover I made for the story:

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

It is very sad, but part of me is concerned since as much as sending him away was good for Berk, surely Toothless without Hiccup is now in a lot of danger with the frequent challenges?

I always thought that Toothless and Hiccup operated together for effectiveness as well as overall flight ability, and so without Hiccup to act as part of Toothless's offensive/defensive maneuvers, wouldn't he be at higher risk? Seems kind of selfish to me, and is partly why I can't come up with a good ending for it myself. :/

It is a great story though, the writing was nice, and I could imagine Hiccup and Toothless's interactions, as well as the other characters and their dragons. Also, the feels were very high, so good work! :P

bonus points for Gobber!!

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

You've got a nice writing style. The story itself is pretty good. Keep it up <3

hcsp1

Pikey
27 Sep 2014, 14:40
It is very sad, but part of me is concerned since as much as sending him away was good for Berk, surely Toothless without Hiccup is now in a lot of danger with the frequent challenges?

I always thought that Toothless and Hiccup operated together for effectiveness as well as overall flight ability, and so without Hiccup to act as part of Toothless's offensive/defensive maneuvers, wouldn't he be at higher risk? Seems kind of selfish to me, and is partly why I can't come up with a good ending for it myself. :/

It is a great story though, the writing was nice, and I could imagine Hiccup and Toothless's interactions, as well as the other characters and their dragons. Also, the feels were very high, so good work! :P

bonus points for Gobber!!
That was my biggest problem while writing this. Finding a reason for Toothless and the dragons to leave. Eventually, when I realised the center of this needs to be Toothless going away and not much the overall plot(Because I went for an ending, not much writing my own version of the 3rd movie), I just looked for a reason that would sound beliveable as to why Hiccup will let Toothless go.

I think Toothless could work great by himself, and he also has the other dragons supporting him wherever he goes. From what I remember from "Gift Of The Night Fury" he wanted the manual fin because of loyalty to Hiccup.

Glad you liked it overall though! Like I said, the final scene was the main focus, so if I got that right then I'm glad! :D

Pikey
Wow!

I see what you mean, but what about Berk? The dragons were a large part of their safety. :/

By the way I would say you got them done good, like I mentioned, the small part Gobber played felt exactly like Gobber, and helped with the feels when pointing out his part with the dragons too. :P

hcsp1

cometotheberkside
27 Sep 2014, 15:00
You've got a nice writing style. The story itself is pretty good. Keep it up <3
Thank you! Glad you liked it!
Pikey
27 Sep 2014, 15:58
I see what you mean, but what about Berk? The dragons were a large part of their safety. :/

By the way I would say you got them done good, like I mentioned, the small part Gobber played felt exactly like Gobber, and helped with the feels when pointing out his part with the dragons too. :P
Well, like I mentioned, when dragons came to challange Toothless, casulties happened. When people lose their lives because of that, you need to start rethinking some stuff. Again though, I just looked for a reason for the dragons to leave. I doubt this will be the reason we won't see them again in the actual movie.

Oh yeah, I love Gobber's interaction with Grump in the movie(One of my favorite parts), so I had to put that in. Glad I got it right :D

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Wow, what a story. I liked it. :'(
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

hcsp1

draco
01 Oct 2014, 11:04
Wow, what a story. I liked it. :'(
Thank you! Glad you liked it :D

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Build up tears-making moments are good! Putting they on last flight, flying around their best place, especially the cove, and doing their tricks were also like "Forbidden Friendship" in this story. Absolutely Love it!!! <3 <3 And yeah i couldn't handle the sadness in the end, and i wouldn't

But hey, i think if you try to connect this story with BerserkDragon's Two Alpha, just like this story as prequel of Two Alpha, you'll get a double combo. :) No offense
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

dragons_ind
01 Oct 2014, 22:22
Build up tears-making moments are good! Putting they on last flight, flying around their best place, especially the cove, and doing their tricks were also like "Forbidden Friendship" in this story. Absolutely Love it!!! <3 <3 And yeah i couldn't handle the sadness in the end, and i wouldn't

But hey, i think if you try to connect this story with BerserkDragon's Two Alpha, just like this story as prequel of Two Alpha, you'll get a double combo. :) No offense

That's a great idea.
That would fit perfectly.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.