Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Lost Dragons, New World
Topic Started: 28 Oct 2014, 17:13 (1198 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

The dragons had left, disease and sickness had taken many of them.. but not all. Far, far away, Toothless had made a home with his mate, his hatchling, and his brother. Toothless, being the alpha, took over the few dragons on the island. Together they lived there, breeding and reproducing the population. Deadly nadders, hideous zipplebacks, monsterous nightmares, and many other breeds of dragons gradually came back to the land. But one day, danger came once more. Humans sailed to the island, threatening the dragons with traps and the bewilderbeast Toothless once thought dead. Drago was leading them, of course. Toothless led the dragons to war, and while the battle was looking to be won, the great leader knew he must save his own kind before they lost the battle themselves. And so, in the dead of night, Toothless gave a great cry and dove into the ocean, the other dragons following him. Deeper and deeper they swam, their wings propelling them to the oceans depths. At the bottom of the ocean, their heart rates slowed... Somewhere deep in their DNA, an instinct awakened.. and the dragons were lulled into a deep sleep... to reawaken when the world was safe once more...

---

"Charlie! Charlie! Come on, Charlie, you're going to be late for school!" Called a female voice. On the edge of Florida was their home, and the young boy Charlie was indeed late for school. The child gave a fake cough, "I'm sick." he said, and the mother sighed. "Alright, but you stay in bed for the day, alright? No television, no computer. Just sleep." Groaning, the child known as Charlie nodded and sighed. Fiery red hair in a wild mess was atop his head, with freckles on his skinny face. The door shut downstairs and the child smirked, running out and into the wilderness when the coast was clear. He went to the one place he felt at home.. The ocean.. For here at the ocean he always liked to dream.. dream about what creatures might live under its depths, what life might be hiding waiting to come alive and take over the world. Little did he know, life was about to find a way yet again.. to survive.

---

Deep within the sea lay the sands of the ocean, and in a cave that held a huge air pocket, one with tunnels and caverns deep beneath the sea, lay hundreds of dragons. In the front was a black dragon, with an old tail fin that was mechanical and rusted. The old saddle lay next to him, though it was so worn that it had lost most of its color. The dragons lay, their age seemingly unchanged from when they had first slept. Slowly, one dark eyelid opened to see the world once more. Many more eyes followed, as yawns ensued before the dragon known as Toothless shook himself, and went underwater, saddle in his maw, swimming out with his wings and clawing his way to the surface. What he found.. was tragic.. The islands were no more. Gone. Sunk beneath the ocean of time... Desperate, Toothless swam as best he could until he found land. The other dragons flew off to find shelter long before he found shore. But... when he did... it was not at all what he remembered. These lands were hot and sticky, not at all cold. Even the trees looked different. And there, as Toothless held just his eyes and ear flaps out of the water, was a boy.. He looked somewhat like Hiccup, but he didn't have the same scent. Confused, Toothless swam out, dropping the saddle, before shaking himself off, peering at the boy, and tilting his head in confusion.

---

The boy sat on the oceans sand, a towel beneath him to keep him from burning, before laying back to dream about what could be. Suddenly, a shadow came over him, one that looked like nothing he had ever seen. Gasping, he sat upright, his body rigid as his eyes found what the source of the large shadow was. It was a creature, black as night, with wings.. scales.. deep green eyes, weird things on his head, and a long tail. Backing up, the boy scrambled to get away. Rising, he ran as fast as he could, before stopping. He looked back.. The beast was still there.. Maybe he was dreaming.. Maybe no one else could see him.. Yet looking around, no one else was at the beach, for it was a stormy day, and no one went to the beach to surf in the stormy seas. He turned around. "Get a hold of yourself Charlie.. You're dreaming.." He closed his eyes tightly and pinched his arm. "Wake up!" He commanded himself, and looked back. The beast still stood there, his eyes locked on the boy. Breathing heavily, Charlie turned around once more. But something hot on his neck made him turn around.

The beast stood behind him, peering down at him. How did he get here so quickly, Charlie wondered... Charlie averted his gaze.. he had read somewhere that animals wouldn't see you as a threat if you didn't look into their eyes. But he couldn't help it.. Slowly, he looked up.. And what he saw peering back at him was... amazing... real... it was.. a soul.. just as real as his own. A living being. Slowly, the boy reached out his hand to make sure he wasn't dreaming, one pointer finger aimed to touch the beasts scales. To his surprise, and amazement, the dragon nudged his great nose into his finger, as the boys hand unfolded and he felt the hot breathe upon his hand. "A-Amazing.." Was all Charlie could muster.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I like it! Good job :D

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

The Norse Nerd
28 Oct 2014, 21:17
I like it! Good job :D

In case you are wondering, this is the part 2 to the story "End of one world, Birth of another" So if you liked this one I reccomend reading the first part.

Oh and had to edit a small bit about him wearing the saddle.. made it so he carried it, cuz in the first one it was taken off. XD

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Wow, Hiccup in modern version. I like it.
But eventually the situation will go worse, just like when scientist discover new species they will go mad. FBI, CIA, and others will threat him as an enemy, and it all will go like in the movies, like Earth to Echo, E.T, and many others.
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

dragons_ind
28 Oct 2014, 22:29
Wow, Hiccup in modern version. I like it.
But eventually the situation will go worse, just like when scientist discover new species they will go mad. FBI, CIA, and others will threat him as an enemy, and it all will go like in the movies, like Earth to Echo, E.T, and many others.
Possibly but I might surprise you. ;)

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Really well done. :D
I like it.
and I like your first part. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.