Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Help! Bunnies! No time to explain!
Topic Started: 12 Nov 2014, 02:10 (1187 Views)
MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

This was written for a Creative Writing Club prompt where you were supposed to begin and end your story with prompts from a list which included "Help! Bunnies! No time to explain!" and "Eat your vegetables." It resulted in a discussion of mermaid Osama bin Laden, somehow.

It takes place in the universe of my fanfic Dragon Wings (dragonwingsfic.tumblr.com). The narrator is a Night Fury-winged person named Jay and she rides a Night Fury named Ika. Ausra are the Dragonwings' deities.
~
"Help! Bunnies! No time to explain!" Ika yelped as she raced past me through the forest. I blinked at her retreating tail in confusion. Bunnies? Why would she need help because of bunnies?

Then I saw the tidal wave of adorable anger chasing my draconic friend. I yelped and flew quickly in the same direction as Ika, my wingtips scraping the closely packed trees.

"What in the name of the Ausra did you do to those bunnies?!" I shrieked as I caught up to the fleeing Night Fury.

"I don't know!" she roared back, glancing in fear at the horde of adorably enraged rabbits. "It's not like I tried to eat them! I decided there must be a reason they liked carrots so much, so I tried to eat one, but it was disgusting so I spat it out. Then they started trying to kill me!"

The trees got even closer together, forcing me to stop flying. Unfortunately, I couldn't run as fast as Ika, so she scooped me up and plopped me onto her neck.

"How are they catching up?!? They are like a hundred times smaller than you!" I yelled in fear. Ika sped up slightly, panting.

Suddenly we were jerked into the air, which confused me because the trees were still too close together for either of us to fly. Then I realized we were caught in a net, a dragon trap left over from the days when dragons and Vikings fought. The angry flock of bunnies halted underneath us, staring up at us balefully. A few of them came forward, dropping carrots on the ground and creating a pile.

"What is going on?!" I yelled. To my complete shock, one of the bunnies replied in my own native language.

"You have disrespected the holiness of the carrot by spitting it out half chewed!" it yelled angrily. "You must apologize to the Vegetable Gods by eating a pile of carrots!"

And that is how we discovered not only that carrots make Night Furies violently ill, but that when you are around a flock of bunnies, you should always eat your vegetables.
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Very nice... I like it!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote