Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New World, New Beginnings
Topic Started: 22 Nov 2014, 01:54 (1182 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Note: If you have not read the first two chapters of this series, I recommend reading them before continuing on reading this one. Here are the links.

Chapter One: End of One World, Birth of Another
Chapter Two: Lost Dragons, New World

Now that you are caught up, continue reading below for chapter 3.

----

"Charlie... are you playing games up there.. " Called a voice up the stairs. Hearing nothing the mother climbed the stairs, "Charlie.. You better not be watching television, if I so much as-" Yet as she came to the top of the stairs, she found his door open... and, to her horror, his bed was empty. "Charlie! Charlie?! This isn't funny! Come out this instant!" Rushing from room to room she scrambled to find where her son had gone off to. "Charlie, answer me.. Where are you! Charlie! Answer me.. " Tears filled her eyes as she came to stop at her sons empty room. Her next words hoarsely escaped her in a tone just barely above a whisper, "Charlie... Answer me... Please... "

---

The dragon had approached the boy, standing before him with the saddle next to him, which he had carried with him. His old, rusted tail fin was in poor condition, with tears at the edges of the fabric and a layer of mold on it.. For a moment the dragon peered at his old tail fin, which seemed to have aged a considerable amount more then the dragon had. What was this strange world? Where was his boy? Peering at his saddle, then back to the boy, the beast let out a quiet sound, a sad sound that would break even the coldest persons heart. In that moment, the beast was lost; for he was in a new world, with no hope of finding the home he once knew... and in him grew a horrible, sinking feeling that the boy he once knew so long ago was lost to time as well.

Yet as he stood, breathing in the scent of this boy, who reminded him of his own, a small part of him was reminded of the boy that once was; the boy that had taken him from the skies, had fed him, healed him, spent endless hours with him until their parting... It seemed that that boy was long ago lost to fate, lost to the inevitable fate every being suffers in the end. Yet here and now, the beast stood, peering into the eyes of one that eerily reminded him of his own; and although deep down he knew this was not his own boy, somehow, as he inhaled the scent and peered at him... there was something.. familiar... Perhaps for a fleeting moment it was as if he were back in the cove, as his nose reclined into the boys outstretched hand.

It was almost as if history was repeating itself. But that couldn't be, for this was not his boy. Yet if this was not his boy, then what had happened to the friend he once knew? Where was he, what had happened to him? Perhaps this boy held some sort of answer for him. Either way, a sense of comfort came to the beast as he peered into the eyes of the boy. The dragon knew in that moment, as he met the eyes of the boy, that this human might be the key to finding his boy, and of finding out what had happened since he had left that fateful day.

---

Charlie stood staring directly upward at the huge, black beast, whose body was scarred and thin. Legs shaking, the boy withdrew his hand, peering at the saddle. The beast was like nothing he had ever seen. Black, with great wings and nubs on his head, fins on his tail and claws sharper then any beast he had ever seen before. Yet where were his.. "Teeth.." He muttered aloud. Just then the beasts teeth came out of no where, and the boy flinched, jumping backwards. "Whoa! I thought you were toothless..." The dragon retracted his teeth and made a sound much like a purr.

"What?" The boy asked, peering into the beasts eyes. There was a certain softness in them now. "Was that what they called you.. Teeth?" The beast growled, and the boy gulped. "Um... Fang, Tooth.." the beast eyes turned to slits, the softness disappearing. "...toothfang, fangtooth, toothless-" At the last word the beasts head shot straight up, the nubs on his head perking forward to perch atop his head. "Toothless?" The boy repeated. "That's your name?"

The dragon turned away, nudging a piece of old leather on the ground. In that moment the boy noticed the beast had an old piece of leather attached to his tail. Furrowing his brow, the boy thought for a moment. Trying to figure out what the pieces of leather and rope were. It didn't occur to him what they were until the dragon nudged them closer to him... It had straps, stirrups, handles.. and a long rope attached to it. Eyes widening, a brief, incredible thought flickered through the boys mind. Could it be a.. a saddle? "No, that's impossible.... You can't possibly ride a.. a dragon..." The boy reasoned with himself, turning away. Yet his eyes were drawn back to the leather, his eyes lost to curiosity, "...or can you...?"
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Awesome chapter.
That was really good, and kinda of sad to.
Can't wait to read more. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote