Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Feral: A Dragonboy's Story - Chapter Three: The Fifth Hiccup
Topic Started: 20 Mar 2015, 14:20 (1724 Views)
nightfury123
My auntie's dog might die...
:'(

Hey, guys! It's me here with another fanfic- the sequel to DTM, no less! Now as I stated in the summary of this fic, said fanfic is not yet finished- and neither is this one. It's basically just a couple of chapters that I've been working on that've been lying around on my laptop. There are definitely plenty of plot holes at the moment, but I literally just couldn't wait to show you guys my ideas regardless of this!

So... I guess you could call it an early release or a draft/preview...?
Some things in the text will be changed in the final product; although I've tried to make it as clear as possible, given said plot holes.

Oh, and by the way, this fanfic will be updated as I work on the drafts, depending on whether I want to work on them- not to be mean.

There may also be some spoilers and references to DTM, as I haven't finished it yet- I know I should've, but I just couldn't wait to post the sequel! Just consider it to be... early notification of the things that'll happen in the last chapters, once I've posted them! xD
Any things that might be confusing will be covered in the closing author's note of the chapter. ;)

In regards to my upcoming fanfics, there's a few oneshots which have been sitting around on my laptop and iPad that I'll be posting as I post these chapters, including one unfinished one which is currently a work in progress.

So guys, keeping in mind of the plot holes and everything, and the fact that I'm probably not supposed to be doing this, but I was so excited that I just couldn't wait, enjoy! :D

On waters far away, a little boat was drifting.

And in that little boat, was an Outcast, and his baby son- who was a hiccup. The baby's father, whom the little one had placed so much trust in, was going to drown his baby.

He lifted his son out of his cradle, who, with his blonde hair, and blue eyes that were smiling as much as his tiny face, had no idea that he was about to die, in accordance with the custom of his father's tribe. And this grim fate would have occurred for the baby, if it had not been for a Skrill which now once again belonged to its old master. Lightning struck the little boat, right on target for Govegein, the baby's father- as if it had been intended- and the fates of the baby and the father were reversed.

Govegein fell from the boat, the baby's cradle dropping- mercifully, into a corner of the little boat- from dead, lifeless hands, and the Outcast fell into the sea, to be Njorn's to claim; who would in turn give him to Odin, to repent for the terrible crime of attempted murder of his own baby. As for said baby, the flames were closing in, and it began to cry. But as the flames got closer, the crying faded to a mere squeak, until its voice was no more.

Why, you ask?

The Skrill was wondering much the same, for when it had been happening, the baby's crying could be heard by it even at the distance above the boat it was at, thanks to its excellent hearing, which all dragons possess. The lightning dragon landed on the deck of the boat, its weight nearly making the baby meet the fate it was meant to after all; and so it sat there, unfeelingly watching Loki giving the baby his blessing, in the form of flames which licked the baby's tender, sensitive, unprotected face like dogs.

When Loki had finished giving the baby his blessing, the Skrill walked over to it. It was only possible to tell the terror the baby was feeling not by its cry, but by the look on its face and in its eyes. Roughly, cruelly, the dragon grabbed hold of said face with its claws, and lifted it up so that the scarlet, burned throat which now rendered the baby silenced was visible to it. When pushing the baby's face down again, a claw accidentally slipped, giving the baby a new scar, one long against its jawline, to add to the collection that Loki had blessed it with.

After seeing this, the Skrill lifted the cradle up in said claws, and carried the baby off to its master-and now to be the baby's, too.
''I sent you to kill everyone on that boat as proof that I am your master," the Skrill's master growled. "And yet, you failed in your task." Out of his dragonskin cloak came a metal hand, tipped with cruel, razor-sharp metal claws. He took no notice of the terrible scars the burns had left on the baby's face, as his own face was equally scarred- but of the baby's eyes, full of terror. Vicious grass-green eyes met terrified sea-blue, and the gazes of those colours were held, just for a second; and then the grass-green eyes moved down, as did their owner's claws, to the scorched throat. The Skrill's master wondered why the baby wasn't crying- as he thought he would be, seeing as he had razor-sharp claws aimed at his throat- and then he knew. The fire that had scorched the baby's throat had burned his lungs too, rendering him incapable of talking. Ever.

A mute and a hiccup, thought the Skrill's master. No use to anyone... Wait...

Quickly, the grass-green eyes flickered to the baby's bright blonde hair.

I know of a boy whose father was Grimbeard the Ghastly. His name was Hiccup - the Skrill's master spat on the deck of his ship in hatred of that name- the Second. He was a Dragon Master, as all hiccups were, and are, but he was also raised with dragons. I shall give this baby his desendant's legacy, as owed to him by his bright blonde hair- and raise him with dragons, and train him to become a Dragon Master too. But which dragon shall raise him? he thought.
"DAGUR!!!!!" he roared.
A young man, the former Chief of the Berserker tribe, wearing a horned helmet on his red hair, and possessing eyes as green as his master's, complete with a deranged look on his face, which had three purple stripes across the right side, appeared. When he saw the hiccup, his face twisted in hatred.

"I need you to determine which tribe the hiccup is from; so I can decide which dragon to raise it with." the Skrill's master instructed Dagur, as if that explained everything.
"So- so it's staying?" Dagur asked, barely able to speak for shock and hatred.
"Yes." the Skrill's master said simply.
"Okay..." managed Dagur. "Hmmmmm... Well, I can certainly see a bit of Berserker in it... as well as a bit of Berkian... So, as the Skrill is my tribe's dragon-"
"Your former tribe's dragon..." he was corrected, dangerously.
"Yeah, what you said."
The Skrill's master growled dangerously.
"Okay, okay, Drago, keep your metal arm on-"
The growling drowned out the end of Dagur's sentence.
"Anyway, as the Skrill is my former tribe's dragon, I think the hiccup should be placed with one of those."

The growling that had still been continuing all the way through Dagur's sentence stopped.
"I do not think that that is the right dragon for the hiccup to be raised with. From what I can gather from the Skrill, I think it should be raised with Seashockers, for that is also a dragon which can use electricity." He remembered bitterly how when he was not the Skrill's master, it had almost killed him with its lightning- melting his metal arm and staff. "And if it was, it would fit in with the circumstances of how he was found, as the Skrill has told me of."
"Okay. So, it's decided, then. Bye."
"Goodbye." the Skrill's master said stiffly.

As Dagur returned to wherever he was summoned from, the Skrill's master turned back to the hiccup.
Until then, the hiccup had been quite relieved to be free of his master's evil, green eyes.
"Now, I will need to give you a name." He thought for a moment.

"Kran. I shall call you Kran. Kran- the Fourth Hiccup."

Idly, the Skrill's master wondered if Kran had any relations. Almost as if he could read his master's mind, a soldier ran up to him.
"Sir. We've been notified of the hiccup, and we've found the location of the village where his brother and his mother live, if you wanted to go there and murder them."

Closing author's note and additional chapter content coming soon! ;)
"A warning to the people, the good and the evil. This is war..."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

nightfury123

I've noticed that the first chapter hasn't got as much positive feedback as I hoped, or indeed any, so I'll post the second chapter to entice you back :P
Spoiler: click to toggle
Thanks again to BirdyTheBrave for paragraphing this chapter! ;)

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

WHADDYA MEAN IT HASN'T GOT AS MUCH POSITIVE FEEDBACK AS YOU HOPED? Fandom, where are you?

Either way, I love your work ;)
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

nightfury123

BirdyTheBrave
03 Apr 2015, 13:47
WHADDYA MEAN IT HASN'T GOT AS MUCH POSITIVE FEEDBACK AS YOU HOPED? Fandom, where are you?

Either way, I love your work ;)
;) I hope it gets some soon...

Edit: I just noticed that Hope_and_Heir was viewing this thread ten minutes ago... Please? Please...?

nightfury123

Here's chapter three! :) It's quite short, though... :/
As usual, thanks to BirdyTheBrave for the paragraphing! ;)

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hey guys! :D Sorry for not posting a new chapter for a while; it's here though now, so don't worry! :)
Dun dun dun... :P
Just in case you were confused, the '-' parts in Drago's speech are where it cuts off because he's coughing. ;)
Thanks to Birdy! :) I shouldn't even have to say it anymore; every chapter that you help me paragraph is infused with thanks for your help! ^_^

Toothless123
Night Fury

(Guys, please remember that this fanfic exists. I can't log into my nightfury123 account to change the title of this thread to tell you guys which chapter's been posted, because when the forum went back to its original URL, all of the secondary accounts (if any) that everyone had got deleted, I'm assuming, but regardless of that, please still try to check this fic every time I make a new post. ;) Anyway...)
Chapter five! :)

Toothless123
Night Fury

Chapter six! :D
You might have noticed that Pahun had a similar experience with the baby Skrill's father as Hiccup did with Toothless... This is foreshadowing; Pahun will meet Hiccup at some point, and I can tell you that it'll be very interesting when he does... And, speaking of Pahun, in this chapter it's been revealed that he's a Berserker! I believe Dagur- who, by the way (I know I didn't explain this at the time, but I am now ;) ), returned to his village to lead the Berserkers after Drago killed their current Chief in the second chapter, on Drago's orders- foreshadowed this in the first chapter of this fanfic- of which there are still not many viewers; and when I say "not many", I mean "none" (apart from Birdy, of course, who I thank for paragraphing this chapter as always :) ) :/ .

Once again on the subject of Dagur... HE IS LOKI IN THE HTTYD UNIVERSE! But no, in all seriousness (I did watch the Avengers on TV on Monday on BBC 1 at 8pm, though 8) ), you might be a little confused as to why in this fanfic, Dagur is suddenly allied with Drago. Well, that's due to my procrastination. -_- I haven't actually finished the fanfic in which this is explained yet; Dragons, Trappers, Masters! But don't worry... I swear to Thor that I will soon! :D

Damn, this was a long A/N. XD

Toothless123
Night Fury

Chapter 7 has been posted on FanFiction! :)