What do you think of my story so far?
Great! I love it! 0 (0%)
It's good. 0 (0%)
It's OK, I guess 1 (100%)
Not the best 0 (0%)
Bad 0 (0%)
What did I just read?!?! 0 (0%)

Httyd: Battle For Berk Cancelled
Topic Started: 25 Jul 2015, 00:28 (1346 Views)
Nordic_William
Dragon Egg

Hi all! Sorry about this...but I have decided that I'm discontinuing the release of this fanfiction for many reasons. 1: It's over 40 pages long on Microsoft Word. That won't fit on the forumvine. 2: The more I look it over, the more I realize it has value only to me. Anyone else would find the plot stupid, even though I worked so hard to make the plot great. 3: It's written in a script format, not a "fanfiction format". (I'm not blaming you, Toothless123. Actually, I'm glad you pointed that out. Thank you!) I wrote it that way so I could hand it to a HTTYD producer and it's ready to be made into a movie. (Very unlikely, I agree) I never thought how it would present to anyone else.

Until I can rework it, rewrite some of the plot, and maybe fix the format (I'll try, but it's not likely) I am removing this fanfiction. Thank you to everyone who looked at my fanfic, and maybe even checked back to see if I released another portion of it.

Nordic_William
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hmmm... I don't want to be "that person", but your OC seems like a bit of a Gary Stu, in my opinion.

And the script format is a little annoying, too.

Just being honest :) No hard feelings! :D Thanks for posting this, regardless of my comments! ^_^

Nordic_William
Dragon Egg

Toothless123, I can understand what you are saying. The script format is the best I could do. Also, I personally don't think it's "Gary Stu" at all. All the characters have their shortcomings and failures, they aren't perfect. The character of William is more than what I put in the Trailer, it was just meant to be "theatrical". If I revealed everything in the "trailer" what would be left in the FanFic? Not Much.

Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated! Unfortunately, I have over 180 pages over three fanfics written in the annoying format, and I don't plan on rewriting it. I wrote it in this format to give you a better picture in your mind of what I have written.

I did remove the trailer to make room for the real story. Enjoy! (hopefully...)