Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Borghild Dragon Riders
Topic Started: 03 Dec 2015, 01:34 (3109 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Awesome! Can't wait! But, at the same time, I can... Ugh. :/

Yeah, I can certainly sympathise with you on that. My main AU story collection has (up to the thirties) the plots written out, but I can't quite figure out how to display and write it- or, how long certain parts should be, or how to build up to the climax, on some ones... :/

Huh, well, thanks for responding, I guess. Even though it's been quite the while since I came here, it still warms my heart and somewhat surprises me when people respond...

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Ok so I'm really sorry this took so long :$ I had a really bad writers block and nothing I wrote just never seemed good enough to post -_- So here's chapter 3, I will get right to work on chapter 4 :D You can also read it here>>> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11668802/1 ... d-OC-Story

Theres a little bit of blood and stuff like that in this chapter, but I think it should be ok ^)

A bone chilling scream cut through the night. It made Ingrid jump in her skin. They were under attack! Ingrid’s eyes stretched wide with fear. This island was supposed to be safe! They had sentries placed around the edges of the village; they should have sounded the alarm if anything was wrong. What if the sentries had been killed! A million thoughts were racing through her head. The tribe was totally vulnerable without their chief! Without Einar telling the other tribe members what to do it would be chaos! Of all nights for a dragons attack this was the worst!

Ingrid left the bed and went over to the window. What she saw was terrifying. Dragons of all shapes and sizes were chasing tribe members through the village. The people ran screaming in all directions trying to flee as the dragons hunted them like prey. The ground was bloody and the houses were burning with dragon fire. Ingrid’s legs threatened to give out as she was consumed with fear. This was it, they were all going to die tonight.

She looked over to the cradle where Freyja was sleeping. There was no way she could let her precious child die, she had to save the both of them.

Ingrid grabbed her rucksack from the table by her bed, put a blanked inside, and gently laid Freyja down. The child stirred and opened her big green eyes in confusion.

“Don’t worry, everything will be alright.” Ingrid soothed, wrapping Freyja’s tiny hands around her necklace. She slid the rucksack over her shoulders and stepped lightly down the stairs. Ingrid looked around the lower level of the house, trying to decide if there was anything else she needed.

A sword, she walked over to the weapons chest and chose the sharpest one. Light, but not too light, This one should deal a good blow she thought with satisfaction. A shield too, would she even be able to carry one? No, those had always been too heavy for her. Once she had all she needed Ingrid decided on her plan. She would run as fast as she could, heading for the woods, taking down any dragons in her way. Ingrid said a quick prayer to the gods that this would work.

Ingrid stood in front of the heavy wooden door and inhaled deeply. With a shaking hand she took hold of the door handle and pulled it open. Ingrid shot out of the house towards the outline of forest that surrounded the town. None of the dragons seemed interested in chasing her, they were too busy feasting on her fallen tribe-mates. She turned her head and she spotted a few of the remaining villagers heading towards the docks, and for a moment she wondered if she should change her course and go with them.

But as she was distracted she lost her footing and tripped. She fell on her hands and knees, her sword flying out of her hands. She looked down and felt her blood run cold as she realized she had tripped over a dead body. She screamed in horror then immediately covered her mouth as a dragon looked up from its meal to stare at her. Ingrid slowly brought herself to her feet, her eyes never leaving the dragons. She backed away slowly and the dragon stepped towards her. Ingrid realized this dragon now saw her as prey, and was now in for the kill.

She turned around and fled towards the woods leaving her sword behind. The dragon fell in pursuit behind her growling viciously. Ingrid struggled to doge other dragons and fleeing villagers. Her feet pounded off the ground with every bound towards the woods. She couldn’t let herself be caught!

The woods drew closer and Ingrid was filled with hope. I’m almost safe! Then the dragon behind her put on a burst of speed and tackled her to the ground, her rucksack flew off her back and landed a few feet in front of her. No! I was almost there!

She looked up into the dragons face and was filled with pure terror. Its jaws dripped with saliva and blood. Its mouth twisted into a dreadful snarl. It sniffed up and down her body, probably looking for the best place to bite her first. She tried to call for help but no sound came. Its nose came up to sniff her face and Ingrid struck its nose. It howled in fury and rubbed its new wound. Ingrid scrambled across the ground and tried to reach her daughter.

The dragon reached back and forcefully placed a paw on her lower back, forbidding from taking another step. She struggled against the creature but she couldn’t move. Ingrid felt the tears stream down her face. This is it, I’m going to die tonight. Ingrid covered her mouth, muffling her sobs. Sudden pain shot through her leg and she screamed in agony, This dragon is going to eat me alive! she thought with dread.

“Someone help me!” She screaming into the night, knowing that even if someone did, she could never walk again.

A young man went running past her. She recognized him as Spiderlegs, one of Einar’s most trusted warriors.

“Help me!” She screeched again, he turned around and stared at her in horror. With one last glance at the docks he turned and ran to her. The dragon took no notice of him as her stopped in front of her, too consumed with his meal.

“Ingrid! Stay here I will get help!” He turned to run again but she grabbed his ankle to stop him.

“No,” she said weakly, she pointed over to where her child lay in the rucksack.”See that bag? I need you to take it far away from here, head for the woods…” Ingrid started to feel dizzy with pain as the dragon kept devouring her leg.

He looked over to rucksack and she saw the caution and fear on his face, but slowly he walked over and gently picked it up. He peered inside and his face shone with surprise. Spiderlegs kneeled down gently beside Ingrid and took her hand.

“I promise you, I will bring your daughter to safety, even if it kills me.” He promised her.

Relief flooded through her, her child would live! As Spiderlegs took one last look at her he turned and ran towards the woods. Ingrid laid her head on the ground, a sudden tiredness taking over. As her vision faded she was filled with a calm peaceful feeling, her daughter would live to see the next sunrise, and that was all she wanted.

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Yay next chapter! :D

You can aslo read it here>>> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11668802/3 ... d-OC-Story

Bard walked through the burning village with Drago by his side. He looked at the broken lifeless bodies strewn carelessly across the barren ground. The air was heavy with the scent of blood and smoke. The smell was so strong it made him dizzy, and he struggled to keep walking in a straight line. Bard stared in silent horror at the faces he once knew, their expressions twisted with eternal agony. He could name nearly every one of his fallen tribe-mates.

Is this really what victory feels like? Bard thought, swallowing the lump rising in his throat. No, I won’t have victory until I’m sure Einar is dead. But of all the bodies burning here in the moonlight, he couldn’t make out the freckled face of his half-brother. Had he even been here?

Bard kept scanning the sea of corpses but he couldn’t find his brother. Frustration welled up inside of him. He had to be here! He just had too!

“So did you get what you came for?” Drago’s foul breath ghosted over his ear as he whispered to him.
“I-I don’t know, maybe…” Bard trailed off looking at the ground with wide eyes.

“What do you mean maybe? This is what you wanted, remember?” Drago hissed at him.

“I have to check something.” Bard tore himself away from the large mans side, running through the village. He came to a stop in the middle of the village. He stopped when a wooden house, slightly bigger that the rest of them, stood in front of him. This used to be my home.

He opened the heavy wooden door and looked around. It was slightly different than he remembered, but it still felt familiar to Bard. The walls still retained the same shape as they did all those years ago when he was a child. Bard shook his head. They exiled me, this isn’t my home anymore. Bard walked through the house, looking for any sign that his brother might have been here. He saw his brother’s old shield propped against the door, however his favorite leather bag was missing, as well as his rucksack. As he was searching through the abandoned house he spotted a note on the round table in the center of the room. Bard read through the letter.

It was an invitation, to a great gathering being held a day from now. The gathering was for chieftains only. As he kept reading he grew more furious with each word written. Einar wasn’t here, he was long gone by now! This whole attack had been a failure! Bard’s blood went cold. All those people died for nothing…

“Well, what is it?” Drago whispered suddenly. He wondered how long he’d been staring at the note.

Bard shoved the letter into Drago’s large hand, getting chills as his own hand brushed up against Drago’s metal arm. He trembled with fury as he tried to calm himself. He didn’t want Drago to think he was weak.

“So Einar wasn’t here then.” Drago mumbled in that all too calm voice. It sent Bard over the edge. With a scream Bard drew his sword from its hilt and banged it repetitively on the round table. He kept slashing at the piece of wood with his sword until his anger calmed from a raging fire to a slow burn.
“Come on we’re leaving.”

He turned and left out the front door. Bard followed slowly after him. He didn’t want to pair up with this dangerous man, but it was the only way to make sure Einar met his end.

They walked over the charred earth. Bard lifted his head as he heard footsteps thudding behind them. He turned around to see a lone man running for the woods. A live villager! Bard’s spirits were lifted. It made him happy to see that not everyone had died. Bard ran after him, ignoring Drago’s protests.

The man saw him running after him and sped up, clearly not wanting to be caught. He was carrying a rucksack in his arms. Bard almost lost him as he entered the woods, the shadows making it hard to see. So he followed his ears.

At last they came to a clearing surrounded by cliff walls. As the moonlight shone upon the man’s face Bard was able to recognize him. Spiderlegs! I thought I’d never see him again Bard thought with joy. Bard called out to him.

“Spiderlegs! It’s me Bard!” Bard said. But Spiderlegs face didn’t reflect his joy. The look on his face was pure terror.
“W-what are you doing here? Talon exiled you!” Spiderlegs stammered.

“But aren’t you happy to see me?” Bard asked, confused. He was his old friend. Why was he so scared of him?

“You tried to murder your brother!” Spiderlegs bellowed, his legs trembling as he held on tighter to the rucksack in his arms.

Oh, right “Yes but I’m not going to hurt you.” Bard stated stepping closer.

“Who’s this Bard?” Bard whirled around to find Drago standing behind him. He was always sneaking up on him!

“He’s just an old friend.” Bard reported.

“Do you think he knows where Einar is?” Drago whispered, glancing at him. “I suggest you ask him.”

“Right,” Bard turned back to the trembling man. His arms where now empty, he must have gotten rid of the rucksack. “Spiderlegs, do you know where Einar went?”

“He’s not here right now, why do you want to know?” Spiderlegs squeaked.

“If you know you’ll tell me, please, as a friend Spiderlegs.” Bard pleaded, walking up to him so they were face to face.

Spiderlegs took his time answering; he was probably asking himself if he should trust them. At last he spoke in a hushed voice. “He’s heading for the Isle of Kalfa, there’s a meeting being held there.”

Bard felt his shoulders sag with relief at knowing where his brother was. “Thank you Spiderlegs.” He thanked him.

“Kill him.”

“What?!” Bard exclaimed with wide eyes. He stared with disbelief at Drago.

“You got what you wanted now kill him.” Drago hissed.

Spiderlegs face was alive with panic, he tried to back away but there was nowhere to run. He was already backed up against the cliff.

“He’s a witness Bard. If he got back to the rest of his tribe he would tell them all about us. Then they would never accept you as their new chief. How do you think they would react to finding out you where behind this attack?” Drago tried to reason.

“What? You did this?” Spiderlegs screamed in disbelief.

Bard ignored him. “I can’t kill him he’s my friend Drago!”

“Fine, I’ll do it.”

In an instant Drago’s hand was around Spiderlegs’ throat, lifting him off the ground. He made horrible choking sounds as he struggled for breath. Their eyes met and Bard was frozen to the ground.

“How could you do this? We were your tribe!” Spiderlegs yelled between gasps.

“Shut up.” Drago said, his hand growing tighter around his neck.

“Drago stop!” Bard lunged forward and tugged uselessly against his strong arm. Only to be thrown back against the ground

Drago shot out with his metal hand, catching Spiderlegs across his face, then clawed his stomach. Bard watched his sickening horror as the blood splashed on the ground. The blood of his friend. Bard felt sick. He crouched over and stared at the ground. Drago yanked his face up by his hair to look him in the eyes.

“Next time, I expect you to follow my orders. I don’t work with cowards. Understand?” Drago hissed. Bard slowly nodded, trying to ignore the tears welling in his eyes.

Suddenly the wind was strong, tugging at their clothes and hair. Bard looked up and saw a dragon, not one of theirs, unarmored and free, flying down towards them. It dove into the bushes and flew off. As it left Bard could make out the shape of the rucksack against the moonlight.

“What do you think was in there?” Bard asked quietly.

Drago shrugged. “Who cares? Whatever it was, it’s gone now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven days later that same rucksack was found by Merrideth the Merciless, chief of the Vulgar Thug Tribe, and her husband Asvard Gormson, on the Isle of Borghild.

PS: I might just continue the story on Fanfiction.net for anyone who still wants to read it :)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Zira Shadow
Skrill

YESS! FINALLY ANOTHER PJO FAN!
Sorry, this has nothing to do with the story, but I THOUGHT I WAS THEONLYONE! :O
Sister in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Zira Shadow
14 May 2016, 17:31
YESS! FINALLY ANOTHER PJO FAN!
Sorry, this has nothing to do with the story, but I THOUGHT I WAS THEONLYONE! :O
Cool! I only just got into it recently but I love it :D

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Chapter 5 is up :)

You can read it here https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11668802/1 ... gon-Riders

I'm going to try to update more often.

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

This is awesome!!! I really like Freyja even more now. :) Ohhhh no I knew it was gonna be that meeting... D: I liked the fight between Sigrid and Freyja. Idk why but I really liked it. XD
KIU and KIC!!! ;)
Bear the flame

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11668802/1 ... gon-Riders

Chapter 6 is up :)

I'm gonna get started on chapter 7 right away:D

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Deleted User
Member Avatar

I can't wait for chapter 7. It's driving me crazy! I don't normally get into fan fiction, but this is great. :D

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Aw thanks, I'll try to write it as fast as I can :)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel