Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Borghild Dragon Riders
Topic Started: 07 Oct 2015, 10:20 (3074 Views)
The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I'm finally writing a story with all my OC's yay!

Here's chapter 1 :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Einar had never wanted to be chief. When his father had decided to retire, he had to choose between his two sons. Einars older brother was the perfect choice. He was smart, strong, and charismatic. However his good qualities were outweighed by the bad. He was impatient and manipulative. So their father had chosen his stepson Einar instead. Outraged, his older brother had tried to kill him that night.

Einar shivered as he remembered the cold, icy look in his brothers’ eyes, when he had been screaming at him. Einar had been pinned against the floor helpless against him, as a knife was held to his neck. You’re not even his son. He had whispered viciously into his ear. Those words had always cut deep, ever since he was a little kid. Their father and sister had found them sprawled out on the floor and his brother was pried of him by multiple warriors. His brother had later been exiled and Einar hadn’t seen him since then.

But all that had happened three years ago. Einar thought he was kind of good at this whole chief thing. On top of that he had married his girlfriend Ingrid. He smiled as he thought of their wedding day, the happiest day of his life so far. He looked over to their bed, where she was currently asleep. The moonlight shining through the window fell onto her face, gently lighting her face in the otherwise dark room. She looks so peaceful. Einar thought.

I definitely need to pack more food. He looked into his near-empty bag. This wouldn’t be enough to last him through the trip. He was going to a great gathering of chieftains. The trip would take at least three days by boat, according to his father. He’s probably been to a lot of these things. He thought as he grabbed a few rolls of bread from their kitchen. After packing the rest of his supplies he walked back into their bedroom to take on last look at his sleeping wife. I’ll miss her greatly. He thought as he left the house, they had never been apart for long. He shut the door behind him as quietly as he could, but he couldn’t avoid the screeching of the doors hinges. I’ll have to fix that when I get back.

“Leaving without saying goodbye are we?”

Einar jumped and whipped around to find a very tired and angry looking Ingrid in the doorway.

“I-I didn’t want to wake you,” He stuttered. “I’m sorry I just thought you’d be angry if I woke you up.”

“Well I’m angry now,” She stepped closer to Einar and he prepared himself for a punch in the arm. “What woman wouldn’t want to see her husband before he leaves for three days?” She said as she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

“Your right, I’m sorry. I should have said goodbye to you two.” He said as he smiled at the baby in Ingrid’s arms, looking up at him with her wide green eyes. His green eyes, their baby took after him in appearance. But the kid was stubborn like her mother. Ingrid had always been kind of angry about that.

Einar pressed a light kiss to the baby’s forehead while she laughed and wriggled in her mother’s arms. Einar looked up into his wife’s eyes and leaned up to kiss her. He had always been short. Geez, I hope our baby won’t be short like me when she grows up he thought as he kissed Ingrid. As he pulled away he looked at her and saw the sadness written across her face. This is going to be a rough three days.

“Goodbye.” She whispered.

“Bye, I’ll see you soon.” He said as he pulled her into a hug.

“Be careful.” she whispered into his ear.

“It’s just a meeting, what could go wrong.” He said as he smiled at her, pulling away gently from her embrace.

She rolled her eyes at him. “I know, but every time you say that something bad happens.”

“Okay, don’t worry I’ll be fine.”He walked down to the docks and waved goodbye. He saw her wave back, her figure shone bright, lit by the moon. He could feel the excitement run through his veins as he thought of meeting all the great chiefs of the tribes. I have a good feeling about this…

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hmmmmm... I wonder what Chieftains' meeting it could be... :blink:

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Toothless123
07 Oct 2015, 14:48
Hmmmmm... I wonder what Chieftains' meeting it could be... :blink:
Agreed

And I have a feeling he might run into his older brother.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Chapter 2 :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingrid watched Einar walk down the path that led to the docks. It wouldn’t take long for him to get there the island of Alvland was pretty small. But the tribe knows to make the best of the small space. They’re a tribe of inventors and dreamers. Ingrid wasn’t born here, so she often felt as though she didn’t fit in among the Vikings of this tribe. She was born on the mainland and knew next to nothing about these strange islands.

Her attention was drawn back to the child in her arms as she tried to knaw on the necklace she had given her. Ingrid gently pried the necklace from the baby’s mouth. She glanced down at the necklace draped around the baby’s neck. On one side it had the tribal crest, a small silver fireball with a green emerald in the center. Ingrid turned the necklace over in her hand. On back she had engraved the child’s name, Freyja.

Freyja yawned and wriggled in Ingrid’s arms, one of her little hands grabbed a few strands of her mother’s hair and pulled. Ingrid let out a yelp causing Freyja to let go and smile up at her mother with big green eyes.

“Okay, time to go back to bed.” Ingrid said as she hurried inside. She walked up the stairs into their shared bedroom and laid the baby back down in her cradle. She settled down in her own bed and sleep came to her.

“Are you sure this is the place?”

Bard looked into up the shadowy man’s scarred face. He felt uncomfortable under the man’s intense green gaze. He snapped his face away and looked at his surroundings, the familiar mountain ranges and forests of his old home were all around him. If only he could stop to enjoy this moment. It was the first time he had been home in three years. He wanted to take in the beautiful scenery of his homeland. But he couldn’t he had come here on a mission, to take back his tribe. He was the rightful ruler of this tribe and he intended to be so by the end of the night.

“Yes this is the right island. The village will be well protected, so we will have to move swiftly and quietly.” Bard explained to the man. He still felt uneasy at the thought of his former tribe-mates getting hurt or killed, but he had to do what was best for the tribe. They needed a strong leader who would bring peace. A soldier came running up to them.

“Drago, the dragons are ready to move!” He informed them.

“Good, we will begin our attack on the village shortly.” Drago turned to Bard.

“Do you still want to proceed with the attack?” He asked.

NO! I want to go home to my family and friends! I never wanted any of this! I just want to see them again. I want things to go back to normal! Bard shoved those thoughts aside. He had to do this. No matter what, he couldn’t let his tribe suffer under weak leadership. He looked behind him at the angry dragons in chains, all under their command.

“Y-yes, we can proceed.” He said stuttered quietly, covering his face with his hood. Drago shouted at his commands at the nearest soldiers and the stared to march through the forest. By tomorrow he would be in control of his former tribe and the rule of his brother would come to an end.

Ingrid was tossing and turning in her sleep, her dreams engulfed in flames and blood. She could see the familiar faces of those she loved burning. Ingrid woke with a start, trembling and covered in sweat. She laid herself back down and tried to steady her heartbeat, after a few minutes she could still hear her heart beating in her ears. Confused Ingrid took deep breaths, but that was when she realized it was not her heartbeat she could hear, but the roaring of dragons.

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Finally got to read this! Sorry for not doing it sooner, I've been drawing more OC's than ever before... After this I'll be going on to draw a rider named Garth and his Gronkle. :D

Wow, I'm seriously liking this story. Only things bothering me though, is that I don't know where it is (are we on Berk?), or when; Drago's around, so I'm thinking its in Hiccup's era, or Drago's younger, possibly meaning that him and the gang are only babies... Or, I suppose that this could be after HTTYD 2 in some manner, but if we're on Berk, shouldn't they be with dragons?

I'm pretty certain this is all about your wonderfully drawn OCs, and Hiccup, Toothless, the gang and Berk won't come into it, for all I know they might not even exist, in the past of the story, the present or the future- either way, I'm loving the story; I've just got a... Few, questions... :huh:

Ok, ok, other me... I have a couple... Ok, fine, a LOT of questions.

I do think it'll be revealed in due time, but I guess if you decide to continue the story (it's been about a month since you last posted)... We'll see.

In the end, I'm glad I read this, so I'll be thrilled if you go down the path of continuing this tale of fangirlness! Heck... Now I feel a bit awkward... Well, I guess if you're a boy, it would be fanboyness. :P

P.S: I just looked back at the Artwork thread, and I'd like to say, I didn't intend to copy one of OC's names; I discovered the name Garth a while back on another story, and I think you'll find its quite popular among us fangirls. :toothless: I'm sorry if you feel violated, I never intended to cause any hurt, betrayal or distrust among us. I hope you can forgive me for any wrong I have caused. :'(
Also, I have no idea if you care for such a pointless add on, but I'll just say that my OC Garth is the head Blacksmith of DragonCity, a pretty damn good swordsman, brave, intelligent, and a loving and gentle father to two daughters and the (eldest of the three) son, and the proud rider of his Gronckle, Boulder, a brave, smart and loving, following in his traits, Gronckle.

Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

:D story

Now you have me intregued in your story you are writing crystal. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Crystallion12

Really? Thanks! Didn't think that tidbit would actually do anything... :O
Huh :blink: . Well, I'm not complaining.

I think I'll post a Story Collection on here with just One-Shots (single chapter stories), surrounding background characters in the franchise. I might go ahead and do that, because I'm kinda bored right now... :D

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Crystallion12
02 Dec 2015, 07:45
Finally got to read this! Sorry for not doing it sooner, I've been drawing more OC's than ever before... After this I'll be going on to draw a rider named Garth and his Gronkle. :D

Wow, I'm seriously liking this story. Only things bothering me though, is that I don't know where it is (are we on Berk?), or when; Drago's around, so I'm thinking its in Hiccup's era, or Drago's younger, possibly meaning that him and the gang are only babies... Or, I suppose that this could be after HTTYD 2 in some manner, but if we're on Berk, shouldn't they be with dragons?

I'm pretty certain this is all about your wonderfully drawn OCs, and Hiccup, Toothless, the gang and Berk won't come into it, for all I know they might not even exist, in the past of the story, the present or the future- either way, I'm loving the story; I've just got a... Few, questions... :huh:

Ok, ok, other me... I have a couple... Ok, fine, a LOT of questions.

I do think it'll be revealed in due time, but I guess if you decide to continue the story (it's been about a month since you last posted)... We'll see.

In the end, I'm glad I read this, so I'll be thrilled if you go down the path of continuing this tale of fangirlness! Heck... Now I feel a bit awkward... Well, I guess if you're a boy, it would be fanboyness. :P

P.S: I just looked back at the Artwork thread, and I'd like to say, I didn't intend to copy one of OC's names; I discovered the name Garth a while back on another story, and I think you'll find its quite popular among us fangirls. :toothless: I'm sorry if you feel violated, I never intended to cause any hurt, betrayal or distrust among us. I hope you can forgive me for any wrong I have caused. :'(
Also, I have no idea if you care for such a pointless add on, but I'll just say that my OC Garth is the head Blacksmith of DragonCity, a pretty damn good swordsman, brave, intelligent, and a loving and gentle father to two daughters and the (eldest of the three) son, and the proud rider of his Gronckle, Boulder, a brave, smart and loving, following in his traits, Gronckle.
Well the beginning takes place only a few days from when Drago attacked that cheif meeting, so the gang are all babies at the time. The islands name is called Alvland then it will take place on a different island called Borghild. Also Hiccup and the other canon characters will come in eventually and teach mine how to train dragons and ride them.

P.S. It's ok that they have the same name ;) Viking names are quite hard to come up with actually.

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Crystallion12

Yeah, they sure can be... Names, that is. May I suggest, if you're stuck, and I know it sounds ridiculous, you do what I've settled for- look for Norse (or old Norse) baby names. In the least, it's closer than just random letter making sense. :D

Thanks for the timeline explanation, I needed that. ^_^ Things just got a whole lot better, knowing that.

P.S (Doing a lot of these recently): Are you continuing this story? It's been ages since you last posted a chapter! I want more... (That makes me sound like a spoiled brat, doesn't it?)

Crystallion12.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Crystallion12
02 Dec 2015, 22:24
Yeah, they sure can be... Names, that is. May I suggest, if you're stuck, and I know it sounds ridiculous, you do what I've settled for- look for Norse (or old Norse) baby names. In the least, it's closer than just random letter making sense. :D

Thanks for the timeline explanation, I needed that. ^_^ Things just got a whole lot better, knowing that.

P.S (Doing a lot of these recently): Are you continuing this story? It's been ages since you last posted a chapter! I want more... (That makes me sound like a spoiled brat, doesn't it?)
Yeah I'm gonna continue it, I know what I have to write next but I just can't find the right words to describe it.

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel