Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Here Be Dragons - A HTTYD/ATLA Crossover and some other fics
Topic Started: 13 Nov 2015, 10:33 (2422 Views)
guardianofscrewingup
Dragon Egg

New to the forums! I wanted to plug a new fic I'm working on, a How to Train Your Dragon/Avatar: the Last Airbender crossover, as well as some old ones since I've never been to the community before.

Here Be Dragons
Ff.Net | Ao3

Summary: After generations of being trapped behind a strange wall of storms, the Vikings of Berk and the surrounding islands find that they're suddenly free of the barrier that was once blocking their way, and an enthusiastic Hiccup and Toothless undertake an expedition to explore the world beyond, hoping to make first contact with any peoples they find there. However, they soon find themselves thrust head-first into a dangerous conflict between rebel factions and secret societies that are threatening to reignite a hundred-year-long war, one that several parties hope they can win by capturing and using Berk's dragons as weapons. Allying himself with a man called the Avatar and his friends, a group of people capable of fantastic powers Hiccup doesn't understand, may be Berk - and the world's - only hope.

More info: So this fic is a bit of an AU, merging the world of HTTYD and ATLA in a way I hope makes sense. Berk, the surrounding isles, and the small landmass known as the "mainland" are considered in Air Nomad legend to be something like Atlantis, a society that angered the spirits and disappeared behind a wall of storms. The Earth Kingdom, Water Tribes, and Fire Nation aren't aware of their existence at all, thinking that patch of sea to simply be a place too dangerous to sail, much like the Bermuda Triangle. The fic is set five years after the events of HTTYD 2 and ATLA.

I also have some other HTTYD fics that I've never plugged here before:

Catching the Sun
Summary: What childhood influences make a Hiccup? Add one boyhood crush, a tablespoon of Gobber's mentoring, two cups of childhood loneliness and ostracization, and a heaping helping of fatherly disapproval. Stir vigorously, then bake for fifteen years.

How to Foil An Outcast's Plan
Summary: When Hiccup goes on a diplomacy run to Hopeless to discuss the dragons in his father's stead, his prying into the strange goings-on there lands in him in some serious hot water. Can his friends save him before his life and sanity are forfeit-and before the dragon-training knowledge falls into the hands of Berk's enemies? (Planning on finally finishing this one soon).

It's the Great Spirit Sleigh, Hiccup Haddock
Summary: After accidentally ruining Snoggletog, Hiccup entreats Odin to give him a sign that Snoggletog can be fixed and that he can someday be accepted by the village. His prayers are answered in the form of a sleigh crashing to Earth, carrying five very strange spirits that promise to help him make this Snoggletog one to remember. A Christmas themed HTTYD/Rise of the Guardians crossover.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote