Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Rise and Fall
Topic Started: 20 Nov 2015, 07:44 (5231 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Spoiler: click to toggle
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Crystallion12

May I just ask, how do you separate them into chapters?

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Oh nice!! Really well written :) Can't wait to hear more about it! (Hiccup and Toothless angst/comfort... I love it...)

Separate into chapters? You can either post each chapter as a single post on the same thread, and then getting the individual links of each post (right-click the green link on the corner of each post (should say Post #1, post #2, etc) and posting them on your first post so that people can navigate between chapters :D

Please check out berserkdragon's fic posted on here, Heart of a Chief, to see an example of this :)

The second method is to post each chapter as individual threads within the Stories section.

(I had posted a fanfic on here before but I've never finished it... )

Crystallion12

Oh my gods, thanks so much! Reason one, for giving me such a nice responce to my first story on here, reason two, for the chapter infirmation! I think ill try the first option, and see if it works. Thanks! I'll start working on the second chapter in a moment or two, hopefully I'll have the chapter up soon!

Crystallion12.

Crystallion12

Ok, I'm going to see if this works...

LATER EDIT:
Ok, I feel useless... Well, I'm no star in technology, so, I guess it's to be expected, huh?

But how do you do it? You mean, I know, but I don't know how to work it. Especially when I look over to the story you recommended for help, how on earth do you get them called Chapter 1, 2, 3, etc.?

If I was to choose my proffered format, I'd go with the whole green tab thingies where you click and it appears below, and is downright easier than typing to see the chapter!

If I can't figure it out, I might just separate them by different posts, but I don't want to take up that type of space on the Stories page, and besides, that would make finding the individual chapters a living nightmare...

Please help me, I'm absolutely stuck as of right now...
Sorry, I know I ask a LOT of questions, but as of right now, that's the only thing I feel I CAN do.

Still hiding in the corner scared of an annoyed reply,
Crystallion12.

Crystallion12.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Haha, don't worry! BBCode is sometimes hard to understand.
>> [spoiler=Chapter 1: Unable to Leave]Toothless stared at the bright blue sky, eyes widening as he drank in the sights.[/spoiler]
Chapter 1: Unable to Leave

Toothless stared at the bright blue sky, eyes widening as he drank in the sights.
>> [quote=Chapter 1: Unable to Leave]Toothless stared at the bright blue sky, eyes widening as he drank in the sights.[/quote]

The reason why I suggest putting individual links to posts within a thread (as opposed to putting all your writing in a single thread, under those clickable collapsable spoiler things) is that there's a limit of how many words you can add to one single post.

TL;DR : add "=[insert whatever here]" into tags such as [color], , [img], etc: [nocode][color=red][/colo ... a website[/nocode], [img=20,60]"url"[/img] (this one sets the image to the size 20 x 60) and more

Also check out the Full BBCode List (a green link underneath the formatting buttons when you post something), if you need more help! :)

Crystallion12

Afterwards:

*in my head, everyone's asleep...*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!! *throwing fist in the air silently, tears of joy streaming* YES, yes... I. Did. It. Only took two days.

Huh. New record. Ok, let's see...

Crystallion12.

Crystallion12

Ok, I just want to take this time to thank you... Thank you so much, because you did not have to help me. At all. I do believe it is the code of the Dragon Riders, but you truly did not have to cope with my uselessness.

Now, I believe I know how to do it, about the word limit I have no clue... I looked on the BBCode page thing by clicking the link I somehow took forever finding, and it didn't say. Do you know anything else about it? If you do, do you mind sharing it with me?

So, before I go to bed, I want to thank you once more for all your wonderful help. Sure, it was truly, exceptionally downright confusing, but it's all good now.

By the way, I saw earlier today you had posted again on your story! A few minutes after responding to mine! I did see that apparently it was a draft you found hanging around, but dude... You've got to give writing another shot! If you don't know what to do, I've got ideas you could use... :'( I want to see you write a story, after all, you know so much... And your writing skills are wonderful! You also appear to have such kindness, understanding and patience, some of the greatest traits the living mind and soul can bear. Keep it up, I'm going to sleep now, thank you, for the third time in this post I believe, for the wonderful help, and, signing out.

May the stars watch over you, and the dragons roar at the sound of your name,
Crystallion12.

Crystallion12.

Toothless123
Night Fury

I could give you some ideas too, cometotheberkside! :)

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

Crystallion12
21 Nov 2015, 18:18
Ok, I just want to take this time to thank you... Thank you so much, because you did not have to help me. At all. I do believe it is the code of the Dragon Riders, but you truly did not have to cope with my uselessness.

Now, I believe I know how to do it, about the word limit I have no clue... I looked on the BBCode page thing by clicking the link I somehow took forever finding, and it didn't say. Do you know anything else about it? If you do, do you mind sharing it with me?

So, before I go to bed, I want to thank you once more for all your wonderful help. Sure, it was truly, exceptionally downright confusing, but it's all good now.

By the way, I saw earlier today you had posted again on your story! A few minutes after responding to mine! I did see that apparently it was a draft you found hanging around, but dude... You've got to give writing another shot! If you don't know what to do, I've got ideas you could use... :'( I want to see you write a story, after all, you know so much... And your writing skills are wonderful! You also appear to have such kindness, understanding and patience, some of the greatest traits the living mind and soul can bear. Keep it up, I'm going to sleep now, thank you, for the third time in this post I believe, for the wonderful help, and, signing out.

May the stars watch over you, and the dragons roar at the sound of your name,
Crystallion12.
:O Really, it was no big deal... thanks for the kind words, though! :$

I'm not too sure myself for the word limit for a post... but I think I got away with 10k on one single post before it told me that there were too many words. (there is an emoticon limit though, I think, and it's 10 per post)

I haven't written anything for my story in a year, ahaha... I haven't lost interest and I still have vague ideas about it, it's just that I can't really find any motivation to write anything for that anymore... plus the ideas are getting weak and a bit unoriginal, so I'll have to see if I can think of something interesting. I've written stories before, on the forum! Just never a long fic like this one, so they're all oneshots. If you go to someone's profile > hover over green box that says "profile options"> list member topics then you'll find all the topics some user created, and then you'll find all my oneshots I posted in the Stories forum there ;) also, I've posted most of them to my fanfiction.net account here...

And my writing skills have a long way to improve, ahaha! (I'm currently working on a haikyuu!! fic so I don't know when I may update my httyd one)

Because of time zones you're like 14 hours ahead of me XD (you can also see that by going to someone's profile and looking at "Member's Local Time")

Thanks again :)
Toothless123
21 Nov 2015, 20:23
I could give you some ideas too, cometotheberkside! :)
Thank you for the offer! If you have any ideas you could always post them in the "Ideas and Prompts" thread: I've been browsing through there lately :D