Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Need Dragon names!
Topic Started: 04 Dec 2015, 10:01 (2563 Views)
Crystallion12
Dunno what to say here.....

Hi, I know it's no story, but I'm kinda a bit stuck.

I was hoping, since you've all been so friendly, welcoming and helpful, if you could spare a moment or two to maybe list some names? Sure, I can usually just look at a dragon, and bam, just like that, done.

Night Furies are easy- I usually go with something either star, night or moon related, but I have done names like Snow (Second Main Dragon OC Character! She's an albino white Fury, so that's why) , Skull, Rose, etc...

But here's the thing. Now, It is dragon related (obviously from the title), but it's not HTTYD related in sense, so... Wait, just hear me out.

I'm doing a new line of stories, that are focused around dragons and their riders, but it's not got anything to do with How to Train Your Dragon in the long run.

If you're willing to help, I guess, here's some factors you can work off.

-The dragon is a dragon of the ICE element.

-It's currently male, but if I can't find a name, after a while i might just settle for a female. For some reason, I find it easier to name female dragons. :blink:

- It's Rider is female, and currently named Arya.

-It's a large, sleek but muscular dragon, with a menacing, tough and vicious, but terrifyingly beautiful appearance.

-It has two horns near the eyes (it's hard to explain, sorry) pointing downwards, and behind that down the neck is like a lion's mane, but with spines. These spines are sharp looking, but they only are when he's angry or tense, and the spines harden. Normally, they have a ribbery texture, and can be stroked down and messed with. His main downwards horns are hard all the time, and are a light grey. He also has tons of spines down his back, but in between his shoulder blades are none, so the rider can sit.

-His scales are mainly white, but there are soft blue, purple, and even some pink scattered in places, like under the wings.

-Speaking of wings... They are excellent flyers, having huge bat-like wings, and a smaller set that are called 'the Gliders'. For references, look at none other than the Night Fury, or Toothless.

I'd like to have his name something wintery, but something like Snowflake seems a bit too childish. Frostbite has a nice ring, but it sounds a bit generic- Frost-Bite. Now I'm curious if you get that.
I've tried Elven names, but none of them really work. Something magical, that holds grace and beauty, at the same time menace, power and honour. Maybe something you could whisper, like 'Viceros' or 'Deathblade'. After all, he is a dragon, and they are renown for being rather scary, powerful, terrifying... He needs respect, and his foes need to fear him, so...

Yeah, I know it's a lot to ask, but please, if you can, could you folks help me out? Also, if we do somehow come to a winner, I'll most likely use the other names for other dragons (or riders!), with your permission, of course.

Thank you for reading this stupendously long message. You really, REALLY, TRULY didn't have to.
Save the Earth... It's the only planet with donuts!

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

I posted a guide on how to come up with dragon names here. It's over a year old, but that hopefully won't impact its usefulness! :) ;)

Crystallion12

Oh, thanks! I think I'll check that out, but do I find someway to get rid of this thread, then? :huh:

May the stars watch over you, the dragons roar at the sound of your name, and peace, love and the truth enlighten your heart forever,
May you stay true to your soul, mind and heart. Your choices, opinions and life are solely your own, give only the ones you hold dear to your heart your heart, and all your word. Make the right choices, and tread carefully, and live your life to its very fullest,
Crystallion12.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Ask a moderator. ;)

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Usually, I don't delete threads that contain some useful info - in this case the first post by Crystallion12 is useful and contains insightful information about names for dragons. It's also not a direct duplicate of Toothless123's thread, as people might have suggestions for names based on Crystallion12's description of characters.

So in this case, I'd prefer to leave this thread, if that's OK.

hictooth
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

Crystallion12

Oh, ok, thanks guys. :) I presumed you'd want to delete it, mostly due to the fact it's not directly HTTYD. Ok, now I have no idea what to say...

Crystallion12.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Crystallion12
05 Dec 2015, 22:39
Oh, ok, thanks guys. :) I presumed you'd want to delete it, mostly due to the fact it's not directly HTTYD. Ok, now I have no idea what to say...
Maybe wait and see if anybody has any ideas for any other dragon names - they might be better than what you can come up with using my guide :)

Crystallion12

Ok, yeah, I guess we'll see. I'm going to go check out the other already existing thread now, though.

EDIT: I tried. But hey... At least now, I know where the language in a HTTYD fanfic I read, and where Zoriik, comes from!!! ^_^ That's a benefit! Right...? :/

Any ways.... So, if anyone has any name suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Crystallion12.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Crystallion12
10 Dec 2015, 07:17
EDIT: I tried. But hey... At least now, I know where the language in a HTTYD fanfic I read, and where Zoriik, comes from!!! ^_^ That's a benefit! Right...? :/
Yes, it definitely is! :) You learn something new every day ^_^

Crystallion12

That is usually the case with me! :D

Crystallion12.