Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD/Percy Jackson crossover
Topic Started: 22 Mar 2016, 17:35 (1144 Views)
Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 1 Astrid
I’m up extra-early today, even earlier than usual. I want to get some training in before we leave for Berk.
By the time I’m at the Dragon’s Edge stables, the sun is coming up. Stormfly wakes up as soon as I start unlocking the door. “Hey, girl. Are you ready to go?”
She squeaks at me.
“Great! Let’s go. I wanna get in at least an hour.”

Two minutes later, we’re soaring through the sky. Stormfly shoots upwards, then dives into the trees.
“Yeah, girl! That’s how to do it! Come on!” I shout happily.
She darts between the trees in response, bopping her head. I know what this means. “Okay, then. Ready? Set…” I pause, tensing. “GO!” Stormfly plunges into the trees while I swing onto a vine. “Come on,” I mutter. The time comes, and I lunge off my vine onto Stormfly’s back again. “Yes!” I rub her between the horns. “Miss me?”
She “Rawk”’s, and we land by a cliff.
“Nice job, girl! We are going to steal that race!” She nuzzles her head against my shoulder in response.
I gaze out into the horizon, contentedly watching the sun rise. The entire reason I’m up so early is because today, we’re heading back to berk. The dragon racing season is starting. And Stormfly and I are in it to win it. Some people say I get too competitive, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The fresh morning air always gets me up and pumped, ready to kick butt with Stormfly.
A sharp whistle brings me back to reality. Hiccup lands with Toothless, then jumps off to sit beside me.
“Hey.” I say. I know what he’s going to tell me.
“Hi. I thought I’d find you here.”
I nod.
“It’s time to go.”
“Okay. Where are we meeting?”
He looks at me. Duh. “The dome.”
“I’ll be right there. You go ahead.”
He nods, then climbs on Toothless. “Hey, Astrid?”
“Yeah?”
Whatever he was going to say, he changes his mind. Toothless takes off.
I smile, then climb onto Stormfly. “Ready?”
She bounces on her knees. We’ve been planning this for days. Of course she’s ready.
We lunge into the forest, right under Hiccup. “Now!” Stormfly shoots into the air, above Hiccup now.
“Twirl!” Stormfly turns so I’m suspended upside down from her back. I slap Hiccup on the back, and Stormfly rights herself.
“Hey!” Hiccup shouts in surprise.
I smile at him sweetly. “Race you back to the dome! You need practice, too!”
He shakes his head, but urges Toothless forward.
We dart between trees and rocks, determined to be the first one there. Of course, he will be getting practice from this, but I’m hoping for something else. Maybe it’s sneaky, but hey, like they say, I get competitive. I can afford a race like this. A dragon race in the season? Nope. Hiccup (Even though he’s my friend) is my biggest competition. And, knowing him, he’ll have a move planned out. And he will use it. Now.
Sure enough, just as Stormfly and I are about to charge into the arena, Hiccup tweaks something in Toothless’s tail. Toothless shoots forward, zooming under us and into the dome. Hiccup lands. “Yeah!”
I dismount beside him. “Not bad, Haddock.” And while I’m tempted to throw in his face that I know his secret move, I don’t. That would be very unwise.
But this is bad. Hiccup is using the tail that he used for Thawfest, against Snotlout. He’ll be harder to beat now.
The worry must have shown on my face, because Hiccup walks up to me. “What’s wrong?”
“Huh? Oh, uh, nothing.”
“Sure. And Snotlout isn’t the most annoying guy you know.”
Dang, he’s good. But I cannot let him know.
“You’re right. He’s not the most annoying.” I punch him in the arm. “It’s this guy who keeps asking me if I’m alright.”
He smiles and shakes his head. At this moment, Snotlout decides to fly in. The twins and Fishlegs quickly follow. Hiccup clears his throat, all business.
“All right, gang! Are we ready to go?” Everyone nods. Somehow, Hiccup, the old scrawny, disrespected, son of the chief, can get even the laziest of us (Cough, Snotlout, cough) onto our feet and ready to go. We climb on our dragons and fly towards Berk, celebration, and, although we didn’t know it yet, trouble.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 2 Astrid
By the time we land at Berk, the sun is going down. We are greeted by Stoick, Hiccup’s overprotective dad, natural leader, and chief of Berk. He waves us over.
“Hello there, son!” He slaps Hiccup on the back and turns to me.
“Ah, Astrid! Wouldn’t want to trouble you before the season, but yer A-Team’s having a bit of trouble with their leader.” He winks.
“And Snotlout! Your father did a fine job cleaning out that room of yours, completely redecorated!” Stoick whistles appreciatively as I watch Snotlout turn red in embarrassment. Yep, redecoration. Looks like Snotlout’s gonna be spending the night at the academy.
Stoick continues saluting the riders, but I stop paying attention. Finally, Hiccup takes charge.
“Right, gang! The race is tomorrow, and while Berk has set up most of it, we’ve still got a bit of work to do. Why don’t we meet up at the academy at 8 in the morning tomorrow, and we can divide up the jobs?” We murmur our consent, and Hiccup nods in satisfaction. “All right! Good night, everyone.”

When I wake, it’s already 7:30. Looks like I won’t be training today. Darn. 5 minutes later, I bound down the steps to the kitchen, where my parents are eating their breakfast.
“‘Morning, Mom. Dad. I’ll be right back, just gonna give Stormfly breakfast.” I rush past before they can say anything. Honestly, my parents aren’t that bad. Mom has a nadder, a bright orange feisty creature called Rocket. Dad rides a -believe it or not- blue-and-purple Monstrous Nightmare, whom I tolerate. He proves that not all Nightmares (and their riders) are terrible.
I open the door to Stormfly’s stable. “‘Morning, girl! Big day today, I brought you chicken!” I place the bucket at the centre of the room, then look around. “Stormfly?” There’s not a lot of room for a Nadder to hide here. That can only mean one thing. I run back to the house and storm into the kitchen.
“STORMFLY’S GONE!”

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 3 Astrid
My parents try to console me as I fret about Stormfly. “Don’t worry, lass. Rocket and I will search the island for her,” Mom says. She glares pointedly at dad. “And I’m sure Flame and your dad will help as well.”
“Yes. We can search the east half, and you two take the west.” Dad agrees. “As for you, what about that meeting of yours? Why don’t you tell the other riders? I’m sure they’ll help.”
Oh, right. The meeting. That’s a pretty good point. Well, I could use a jog… I look at the time. 7:55. Or a sprint works too, I guess.
Mom hands me a breadstick. “And you’ll need this.”
I take it gratefully. “Thanks, Mom. And Dad. I’d better hurry.”
I rush out the door.
I’m panting hard by the time I can even see the academy. It’s on the other side of the island! I run towards the door, where Hiccup is talking to Fishlegs.
“She’s la-” He is cut off as I charge in through the door, full speed, and ram into him. Hiccup falls to the ground with a surprised yelp. I get up and offer a hand to help him up.
“Sorry. You okay?”
He smiles weakly, and takes my hand, pulling himself up. “Fine. Now I know not to worry about you being on time.”
Fishlegs raises the dreaded question. “So, why are you late? And where’s Stormfly?”
I take a deep breath and explain what happened. The riders, even the twins and Snotlout, listen intently. When I finish, Hiccup strokes his chin thoughtfully. Meanwhile, Snotlout stations himself beside me.
“Don’t worry about it, Astrid. You can just ride Hookfang with me until I find her.” He puts an arm across my shoulder, and I immediately pull away. I doubt he’ll be any help at all, other than keep me distracted. Hmm… I never really realized how much of a help Snotlout is, just by being annoying. I guess Hiccup has a justifiable reason for not kicking him out already.
Hiccup interrupts my train of thought. “Astrid, why don’t you calm down and take the next hour off? The rest of us will try to figure out what to do as we set up the rest of the racing stuff.”
I’m about to argue, but I realize it will do no good. And he’s right. I won’t be able to help at all until I cool down.
I sigh. “Fine.” Hiccup hands me my axe from the box of weapons, and pushes me towards the door.
“Shoo. Have fun destroying things in the forest!”
I punch him in the arm, take the axe, and run towards the forest.

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Can I have some feedback on this, please?????

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

okay, I don't think I want to continue this... It's been done too many times