Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
RTTE Snoggletog
Topic Started: 25 Mar 2016, 14:19 (2233 Views)
Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Prologue
This is Berk. It’s freezing cold with miserable weather, but it’s home. The people here are, like the weather, cold and tough. But once every year, we warm up with our best buddies (Dragons. Surprise!) and celebrate. My name is Astrid Hofferson, and this is the story of the second best Snoggletog ever.

Chapter 1
Stormfly swerves, barely missing a sea stack. It’s our turn for patrol, even though it’s Snoggletog. Not that I’m complaining. I love patrol.
We take two laps around the island, just to be sure (and for fun). No Outcasts, no Berserkers, no Dragon Hunters. I guess even they need a vacation. Stormfly and I head back to Berk.
I hop off Stormfly in the plaza, where Hiccup can be seen looking around the place on top of Toothless. He sees me and waves me over.
“Hey, Astrid!” He pauses. “Uh, have you seen my, uh, leg?”
I look at his leg in surprise. “You lost your leg? And don’t you have three spares?”
He groans in frustration. “Yeah, but they’re gone too! I can’t even fly Toothless right now!”
“Okay, okay. Is anyone else helping?”
“Fishlegs.”
“Okay. You take that side of the island-” I gesture behind me. “-and I’ll tell Fishlegs to search that side.” I gesture in front of me. “And I’ll ask around for it.”
He nods. “And, uh, could you please not tell Dad?”
Hmph. I understand his worry, though. Hiccup’s dad, Stoick, chief of Berk, is known for his temper. “Fine.”
I climb onto Stormfly and set off in search of Fishlegs.

After I inform Fishlegs about his goals, I land in front of a random viking house.
“Excuse me, but have you seen the leg of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third?”
All of the houses I visited said no, and closed the door grinning and shaking their heads. Hiccup’s lost his leg this time. Yeah, he can be a muttonhead.
Finally, I’m heading back to Hiccup’s hut, defeated. That’s when I see a shadowy figure sneaking around the village. And in the figure’s hand, disguised by the giant shadow, is Hiccup’s prosthetic leg.
“Ok, Stormfly, I’ll sneak up behind him, and you ambush him from the front.” She bobs her head in agreement and flies up to a rooftop.
I sneak up behind the figure. From here, I can tell who it is, but I can’t believe that he’d steal all three of Hiccup’s prosthetic.
Standing behind him, I clear my throat. “Ahem.”
Gobber the Belch turns, surprised, holding Hiccup’s three legs behind him.
“Oh! Er, Astrid! What a surprise! What can I help you with?”
“You can start by explaining why you have all three of Hiccup’s legs.”
He sighs, and brings them out from behind his back. “I was just… Updating them, for Snoggletog.”
The new leg made the old ones look like bent-up pieces of metal. It was beautiful, an intricate combination of gears, locks, and metal pieces.
“I was hoping to surprise him with it.” Gobber nods at the prosthetics now in my hand.
“Oh… That’s sweet. I won’t spoil it, but I can just tell him that I found it and left it by his bed, which is where you will be leaving it.”
“Okay, lass. Mind giving me a ride?”
“Hop on.” I pull him onto Stormfly, who had cornered him from behind. We weave through the streets and land in front of Hiccup’s hut. Gobber sneaks in, then rushes back out, hands empty.
“Thanks, Astrid. I’ll see you later!” He sprints in the opposite direction. :gobber:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 2
I land by Hiccup. “I found them. They’re by your bed right now.”
“Oh! Thanks. Uh… How do I get there?”
I sigh. “Either you can paddle really quickly with Toothless, or I can give you a ride.”
“Okay,” He climbs on Stormfly behind me. “Thanks.”
I drop him off at his hut. “See ya later, Hiccup! Stormfly and I have work to do.”
He waves as he steps into his house.
Oh, yes. Stormfly and I do have work to do. Very important work.

Stormfly and I walk into my parent’s kitchen. “All right, girl. This-” I pull out a jug from the box-packed-with-ice, “-is Yaknog.”
Stormfly sniffs it, then makes a revolted face.
I laugh. “So I’ve heard. But you are going to help me make it better.”
Stormfly bobs her head in agreement. “Okay. We can start with this, but you decide what we add next.”
Stormfly smells it again. She pauses, and I can imagine her thinking. After a few seconds, she spines the cupboard above me. Mom’s not going to be too happy about that.
I open it, and move my hand around the spices. Stormfly bobs her head, and I pull out a small jar of brown powder. I read the label as I open it. “Uh… cinnamon, apparently. Okay.”
I sprinkle some into my mixture.
After that, the hour passes by quickly. Stormfly spines cupboard after cupboard, drawer after drawer. We even make a fluffy white thing, which I dub the “marshmallow.” It tastes good, so I put it on top of my mixture. Finally, it’s ready. Yaknog, version 2. I place a few cups of it on a shield, and run towards the academy.

I find the rest of the Riders chatting and destroying things in the academy. Tuffnut sees me first.
“Hey, look, it’s Astrid.”
The riders look up.
“Astrid! Guess what? Heather decided to stay for the day!” Hiccup gestures behind me. I turn in surprise, and see my old friend Heather grinning sheepishly with a bucket of water in her hands. She smiles at me, then scowls at Hiccup. “Did you really have to ruin the surprise?”
Hiccup shrugs, grinning. “It’s Snoggletog, and it’s freezing. I can’t have you dumping buckets of lakewater on Astrid.”
“Okay, okay guys!” I interrupt. “First of all, hi, Heather! And second,” I stick out my shield, “Who wants Yaknog?”
Groans all around.
“What?” I say defensively. “Okay, maybe the first version was a little bad, but Stormfly and I made some improvements!” I gesture to Stormfly, who is playing a dangerous game of tag with Toothless and Windshear.
Heather looks into a cup. She hadn’t tried the first version, so maybe she’ll try this one! “Hmm. This doesn’t look too bad.” Actually, it does. It looks worse than Yaknog 1.0, but she takes a cup anyway. Heather ceremoniously puts the cup to her lips, and takes a sip. Her face changes to delighted surprise.
“Wow! This is actually really good!”
The riders look at her disbelievingly. “Seriously?” Ruffnut asks.
I shoot Hiccup a pleading look.
He sighs. “Fine.” He takes a cup, and quickly gulps down a sip. Get it over with, I guess.
He, too, looks surprised. “Huh. You were right, Heather! This stuff is insanely good!”
I shove the shield to the other riders. They take it hesitantly. First Snotlout, then Fishlegs, Ruffnut, and finally, Tuffnut, take a sip.
Success! :astrid:

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Great story :D
I like it. :D
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Thanks. I can't believe I finished it today!

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 3
We glide back to the house quickly. The Riders are telling me to make an extra-large batch for the feast at the Great Hall, and I couldn’t be happier. Stormfly and I walk into the kitchen to make the new batch, expecting to find it empty. Instead-this is rather embarrassing-I find my parents kissing.
I have nothing against my parents showing affection to each other in front of me. But sometimes that’s just mortifying. I look up at the roof. And that’s when I realize that they’re standing under a plant- mistletoe. Hmm. I feel an idea coming on... It’ll be a new holiday tradition!
My parents notice me and break apart. I choose to pretend that nothing had occurred in the last minute. “Mom, Dad, can I use the kitchen?”
Mom clears her throat. “Sure. I’ll, uh, go… Help with the decorations at the Great Hall.” She grabs Dad’s arm. “Come with me.” They leave.
Stormfly and I move quickly, and the Mega-Batch is done in half the time as the first one.
“Phew. That was easy!” I tell her. She “Rawks” in agreement. “Okay. Let’s go outside. We still need to get this ready!”

“This” is my next idea. I call it Secret Odin! Stormfly and I rush around the village, gathering the names of people who would like to participate.
“Secret Odin! I like it! What is it?” Spitelout is the first person I visit.
“You cross out the name of someone who you would like to send a gift to on this sheet. But you can’t tell them that you’re the person who will be sending it! It’s a surprise. At the Snoggletog Feast, you will leave the package under the big tree, and it’ll have the person’s name on it. They’ll open it and find the present-and your name-inside!” I explain.
Spitelout takes the sheet and writes down his name.
“Thanks! You can come by the plaza for this sheet to choose which person in about an hour!”
“Oh, and, there’s another thing.” I point to the plant in my hand. “This is Mistletoe. The tradition is pretty simple: It’s hung around the village, and if you and someone get stuck under it, you have to kiss,” I add.
Spitelout laughs. “Fun challenge for us vikings, eh?” He closes the door as I climb on Stormfly.
Stormfly and I make our way around the village, gathering people’s names and spreading the word about the Mistletoe. When we finish, I select four people that cross out names first, just so it stays anonymous. I cross out a name myself.
The crowd waiting at the plaza is huge, vikings chatting and waiting for the list so they can get to work on their gifts. I move towards the pole that has the largest rock beside it and step up.
“All right, folks! Please make a line to get your viking receiver!” I shout. After much grumbling, pushing, and shoving, the crowd forms a line. Vikings come up, one by one, and cross names off the list. I watch proudly atop Stormfly. I can’t believe this worked!
After the final person has left, Stormfly and I hurry back to the house. I still have to make my gift! Stormfly decides to curl up for a nap in her stable, and Mom and Dad are each making their own gift for their Secret Odin. I run into my room and pull out a simple wooden board, a few knives, berry paint, and get to work. An hour later, I’m admiring my masterpiece, when Mom knocks on the door.
“Astrid, lass, it’s almost time for the feast! Are you ready?” She pokes her head in, then tuts disapprovingly when she sees that I’m still finishing up my gift. She walks in, and instead of scolding me about my unusual lateness, she bends over the board.
“Oh, Astrid, this is wonderful!” She says, running her hands over the grooves that define the carving. I thank her. I am rather proud of this. It’s not bad for a first try.
She winks at me. “Can I guess who?” Mom asks.
“No.” I say firmly. The last thing I need is Mom teasing me all night.
She sighs. “Fine. You’d better get ready, though.” Her eyes light up. “Can I help?”
Oh no. Mom is way too good at this. But I’ve been ignoring her most of the day, so I reluctantly agree.
Mom turns me so I can’t see the mirror in my room. “No peeking!” She explains. Fifteen minutes later, after I’ve changed into the shirt and boots she is making me borrow and Mom is done messing with my face and hair, she turns me towards the mirror. “Ta-da!”
I’ll say this for my mom: She knows how to dress for a feast. My hair is put in a braid down my side, my eyelashes are much more defined (I don’t even want to know how she did that), I’m wearing warm, fuzzy, boots, and a green shirt. I look amazing.
“Alright, Astrid, I’d better get ready too. And you need to get this thing wrapped up”- she nods at the carving- “and get to the great hall.”
I nod, already running out of the house. “Thanks, Mom! You rock!” I climb onto Stormfly and we rush towards the great hall.
:astrid: :nadderegg:

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Chapter 4
As we fly over Berk, I notice the groups of vikings that are holding wrapped Secret Odin gifts, or swerving to avoid being under the Mistletoe with the strange guy beside them. It makes me proud to see just how much Stormfly and I have accomplished in a day. It’s a good feeling.
Stormfly follows me into the Great Hall, and I immediately spot the Riders and Heather sitting at a round bench by the corner. “Stormfly, you can explore for a while, just don’t blow anything up, okay?” She nuzzles me in response and bounds off to whereverland.
After I put my Secret Odin gift under the tree, I walk over to the rest of the Riders. Heather and Hiccup move over to make room for me. “Hey, guys. Sorry I’m late.”
“That’s okay.” Hiccup mumbles.
Heather punches me in the arm. “Astrid, why would you come dressed like that? Poor Hiccup won’t be able to talk all night!” She whispers teasingly.
I punch her back. “Please, shut up.” I hiss in response. Heather isn’t dressed too shabby herself.
Fishlegs, thank the gods, clears his throat and points to the tree. “We should open our Secret Odin gifts now that everyone is here.” I look around and realize that nobody has even took their presents out from under the tree yet.
“Oh! Thanks for waiting for me.” I say.
Heather nods. Knew it was her idea. “No problem.”
We walk over to the Tree, grab our presents, and sit down. Snotlout goes first.
“Oh, it’s from Gustav!” He pulls out a bludgeon from a mess of wrapping.
Then it’s Ruffnut. “Snotlout?!” She looks up in surprise, pulling out a pair of pearl earrings.
“Only the best for my princess,” He says to Ruffnut. She looks appropriately grossed out.
“When did Snotlout decide on Ruffnut?” I ask Heather.
“Beginning of the feast,” she shakes her head, smiling.
Huh. Well, I can’t explain Snotlout’s actions, and I’m not completely sure I want to know.
Tuffnut rips his open next. “Macey!!” He cries happily. The mace has been redecorated with carvings of a lycanwing dragon. “If you even fly on a bliss again, I will lick you. Ruffnut.” He reads aloud. “Uh… What does that even mean?” He asks.
Snotlout grabs the paper. “It says “If you ever jump off a cliff again, I will kill you. Ruffnut.” Duh!”
Wow. I didn’t know he could read!
Fishlegs goes next. He gasps. “Oh my Thor! The new set of Dragon Cards!” He shouts. He reads the name. “Oh… Thanks, Heather.”
I elbow her. “Nice.” She smiles back.
Heather’s turn. “Wow... A new saddle for Windshear! Thanks, Fishlegs!”
It takes all my willpower not to burst out laughing. Perfect.
Hiccup’s turn. I thinks everybody has realized by now… We’re the only ones left.
He opens it. I can see him studying the colour and feel of the carving. He runs a finger over the grooves. “Oh my Thor…. That’s amazing. Thanks, Astrid.”
“What? What is it?” Snotlout asks, pulling at it.
“Uh…” Hiccup has no choice but to turn it over.
The others peer at it, taking it in. The pink, fluffy, clouds, the glowing sunset, the intricate scales of Toothless, and, of course, the two figures riding him.
“Hiccstrid,” Heather starts, and we blush. “Did that actually happen?”
Hiccup laughs. “Yeah, it did.”
Heather waggles her finger at me. “You two have been keeping secrets.”
I crack up. “Believe me, that’s it.”
“Okay…” She says, faking suspicion.
“Astrid, I didn’t know you could carve like that!” Fishlegs says.
I blush. “It was my first time. I just gave it everything I had.”
Snotlout and the twins have stopped paying attention. Thank Odin.
My turn. I gently pull of the red wrapping and read the name aloud: "Hiccup." I'm screaming on the inside. I hold up the gift for further examination. It is literally a stick of wood.
"Push it from the side," Hiccup advises. I do.
The stick grows larger as it unfolds, and it starts to resemble a shape. It's a fold-up axe. I twirl it in the air. "Oh my Thor! This thing is amazing!" I exclaim. "Nobody will know... Thanks, Hiccup!"
Suddenly, Heather gets an evil grin on her face. “Hey, Astrid? Hiccup?” She points above us. “You two are sitting under the Mistletoe.”
Oh, gods. Hiccup and I look at each other, then at the accusatory plant, then back at each other. He sighs, gets up, and offers me a hand. “It’s better standing up.”
I take his hand in agreement, and he pulls me closer. Much to the happiness of our friends, we kiss.
As soon as we pull apart, I hear a beat coming from behind us. Hiccup hears it too, apparently. “Music’s starting.” He puts his hand on my shoulder.
I hesitate, but not for long. We weave through the crowd.
After a few songs, I’m sweating like a river. “I’m going to go get a cup of yaknog.” I say.
He nods. “I’ll come with you.”
When we arrive at the yaknog table, I can see Ruff and Tuff hitting each other to the beat, and Fishlegs and Heather pushing through the crowd towards us.
“Hey, guys.” I greet them as they fill up their cups with Yaknog.
“Hi.” Heather says. “This is crazy! You’ve been busy, Astrid.”
I smile. “Thanks.” I step forward, forcing her back a step. Perfect.
Hiccup grins, too. He can see it coming.
“Hey, Heather? Fishlegs?” I say sweetly, causing them to look up from their drinks. “You two are under the Mistletoe.”
They look at each other, then the plant, then me. They sigh in unison.
Sweet, sweet, Revenge. :astrid: <3 :hiccup:

draco

Great job, please keep going. :D

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

Uh... That's the end. Sorry.

draco

Oh,ok.
Great story we should bring it up during Christmas time.

Toothless, alpha dragon.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

That was great!!!! ^_^ Amazing job!!! <3

Except the end.... :X XD