Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Dragons and the Doctor
Topic Started: 01 Jan 2017, 12:29 (3630 Views)
katyjolinar
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I wrote this fanfiction more or less a year ago. At first I wrote it in my language, and now I decided to translate it in English for the international audience.
It is a crossover HTTYD/Doctor Who, settled after HTTYD2, and I hope you like it.
I am not so good with English so if you find some error please say me and I will correct it.
After the English version I will post the original version of every chapters as a curiosity, I hope you will appreciate it, and please be patient, I haven't translate all the story yet, it will keep me some time.
So, let's start.

PROLOGUE

One day in spring, around the year 1000 A.D., on an island near the coast of the place we call Canada today.
A man walked calmly on the borders of the forest. He wore a strange attire: a blue suit and a red shirt with a dark blue tie, on his feet he wore sneakers in the same colour of his shirt and over his suit he wore a brown raincoat. They were, for sure, very odd clothes, very out of time, and you could admit, it could be noticed.
He walked determined, hands in his pockets and very upright. His eyes roamed, excited and curious over the surrounding landscape. His not very short hair was tousled by the wind, that smelled extinct.
Nobody knows the reason for his presence on the island, but he enjoyed exploring the place with no care.
Suddenly something, an enormous animal, blocked his path. The man stopped, watching it with curiosity and then surprise.
“What…”, he stuttered. The animal, a very big, reptile like thing, he didn’t know, suddenly caught fire and attacked.
The man drew back. “What…?”
And suddenly another man appeared, a person from that place and time, came running and stopped between the man and the animal. With one look at the thing, he took out a sword, the blade catching fire with a pop and the animal drew back.
The man in the suit stepped back but tripped over a stone and fell pm his butt. He continued to watch the scene in front of him.
“WHAT?”

Giorno imprecisato di una primavera attorno all'anno 1000 d.C., su un'isola al largo della costa nord atlantica di quello che oggi chiamiamo Canada.
Un uomo camminava lento, ai limiti della foresta. Indossava degli strani vestiti, sicuramente era un forestiero. Il suo abbigliamento consisteva in un completo giacca e pantaloni blu, una camicia granata e una cravatta blu scura, ai piedi aveva delle scarpe da ginnastica dello stesso colore della camicia, e sopra al completo indossava un impermeabile marrone. Era, certamente, un abbigliamento strano, anacronistico, e non sarebbe passato inosservato.
Il suo passo era sicuro, le mani erano adagiate nelle tasche dei pantaloni e la testa era alta. I suoi occhi vagavano, curiosi, sul paesaggio circostante, e i capelli, non troppo corti, erano scompigliati dal vento fresco, profumato di essenze ormai estinte.
Non si sapeva cosa lo abbia portato su quell'isola, ma ora era lì, la esplorava, e non sembrava curarsi di nulla.
Improvvisamente qualcosa, un enorme animale, gli sbarrò la strada. L'uomo si fermò, guardandolo incuriosito, inizialmente, per poi mutare la sua espressione in sorpresa.
"Cosa..." balbettò. L'animale, un grosso rettile di una specie a lui, apparentemente, sconosciuta, improvvisamente prese fuoco e sembrò attaccarlo. L'uomo arretrò "Cosa..." balbettò ancora, sempre più stupito. Un altro uomo, un autoctono, si mise tra lui e il lucertolone, rivolto a quest'ultimo, sembrò sguainare una spada, che prese fuoco con uno schiocco, e fece arretrare l'animale. Il forestiero indietreggiò ancora, inciampò su una pietra e cadde all'indietro, senza perdere d'occhio la scena che aveva davanti "CHE COSA?!"
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

katyjolinar
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Chapter 1

The big reptile suddenly calmed down, and the flames on his skin extinguished. The foreigner looked at it, stunned, while he stood up. He took his glasses from his pockets and looked closely at the animal, ignoring the other person, a young man as tall as him and with an iron made prosthetic on his left leg, and then, took a strange metallic wand, with a green light on the top and pointed it at the reptile, then looked at the object in his hand and, finally, payed attention to the boy, who seemed to hypnotize the animal, sat in front of him with his hand on its nose, and... it seemed to be purring!
"But... but it is a dragon!" screamed the stranger, smiling excited.
"It is. It's a wild Monstrous Nightmare." answered the young man, calmly "You are lucky, I flew over this zone and saw you, if I weren’t here, you could’ve been roasted alive."
The man in the raincoat approached the animal, starting to examine it, when behind him another dragon roared. He turned around, and in front of him was another menacing animal, smaller than the one the boy called "Monstrous Nightmare", and with very dark skin.
It was, clearly, a different species, but it seemed as dangerous as the other one.
"Toothless... calm down, bud", said the young man to the black dragon "I don't think he is dangerous." The dragon growled and the kid sighed, looking at the stranger. "He won’t hurt you. Toothless is my friend. Oh, I am Hiccup."
"I am the Doctor" answered the foreigner, approaching Toothless and looked at him, examining also the saddle and the prosthetic tail mechanisms.
"Doctor who?" asked Hiccup, scratching his dragon's chin.
"Just the Doctor." said the man, pointing his wand on the dragon's prosthesis.
"What kind of name is Doctor?!" exclaimed the boy, curious.
"What kind of name is Hiccup?" returned the Doctor.
"Viking traditions", answered Hiccup, sitting on Toothless' saddle and positioned his foot and the prosthesis on the stirrups.
"Oh! Vikings!" said the other man, excited "Great people! Explorers, warriors, great sailors! But I didn't know you were dragon trainers, too... Actually, I didn't think Earth had any dragons, at least not in this time period. In the past, maybe, but not in the Middle Ages..."
"My friend, I don't know what are you saying." interrupted him the young man. "But if you would sit here on my dragon's saddle, with me, I could take you to my village."
"To your village? There's a village on this island?" asked the Doctor, even more excited.
"Yes, it's called Berk." answered Hiccup "And if I don't return there as soon as possible, they’ll send a tracker dragon to find me: I'm the chief."
"Oh, okay", surrendered the other one "Only one more thing: your dragon couldn’t carry something heavy, could he? I don't want to leave my... luggage here."
"No problem. We won’t be fast but we can do it", nodded the boy.
"Well, there's my luggage". The Doctor pointed to a big blue box, not so far from them.
Hiccup sighed, then Toothless took the box and flew away from that place, going to Berk.
Almost half an hour after they landed in the centre of the village, a big group of Vikings reached them, curious for news from their young chief.
Hiccup posed his feet on the ground, and at the same time a young woman reached him, punching him on his arm, very angrily.
"You were away for four hours!" she said. "We were worried!"
"Sorry, Astrid." he apologized "I lost track of ti..." he couldn't end the sentence, because the girl took him by his neck and kissed him hardly, passionate and sweet.
The Doctor stopped looking at the couple and move his eyes around.
"Fantastic." he exclaimed, jokingly. "The charm of us, thin men with beautiful hair, is fatal also for Viking women..."
Finally, the couple separated, and Astrid looked at the new man.
"I found him on the other side of the island", explained the boy, pointing at him. "He was near to becoming the next meal of a wild Monstrous Nightmare. He said his name is the Doctor."
The young woman nodded, while another two people approached them; they were an early 50 years old stout man, with a blond long moustache, a prosthetic leg and a hook that replaced a hand, and a woman slightly younger than him, with long brown hair, styled in three braids and who looked very similar to the boy called Hiccup, maybe a very close relative of him.
It was the woman, who walked closely to the Doctor, examining him.
"What curious clothes!" she commented.
"He is a stranger, mom." answered the boy "Even if he spoke our language very well."
"It is thanks to the TARDIS", said the Doctor "She instantly translates every word, directly in the brain." The four Vikings looked at him, confused, so he stopped his explanation "I don't think you would know it..."
"Well, maybe we could speak during dinner, what do you think?", intervened the old mutilated man.
"You're right, Gobber." admitted Hiccup "Actually, I'm hungry, and I think Toothless, too", he said, while pointing to his dragon, who was looking at some baby dragons of a different species, roaring at them when, playing, one of them bit his tail. But when he heard the word "dinner", he left them alone and approached the humans, purring.
Hiccup laughed and gave the Doctor a motion, to follow him, then put a hand on Astrid's hips and all of them went into the chief's home.

L'enorme rettile sembrò improvvisamente calmarsi e le fiamme che avvolgevano il suo corpo si spensero. Il forestiero continuò a fissarlo, stupefatto, mentre si alzava in piedi; prese un paio di occhiali dalla tasca e guardò meglio l'animale, ignorando l'autoctono, un giovane uomo con la stessa corporatura dello straniero e una protesi di ferro al posto del piede sinistro, infine, ancora più stupito, tirò fuori uno strano oggetto allungato di colore metallico con una luce sul fondo e lo puntò contro il rettile, prima di guardare nuovamente l'oggetto e, finalmente, rivolgersi al ragazzo, che sembrava quasi aver ipnotizzato l'animale, il quale restava accucciato davanti a lui, mentre il giovane gli teneva una mano sul muso e... faceva le fusa!
"Ma... ma questo è un drago!" esclamò lo straniero, sorridendo stupito.
"Per la precisione un Incubo Orrendo selvatico." rispose il giovane, calmo "Sei stato fortunato, stavo sorvolando la zona e ti ho visto, altrimenti ti avrebbe abbrustolito per bene."
L'uomo in impermeabile si avvicinò al grosso animale, guardandolo eccitato, quando dietro di lui un altro drago ruggì. Si girò, trovandosi un altro minaccioso drago, di taglia più piccola di quello che il ragazzo aveva chiamato "Incubo Orrendo", e di colore nero. Era, evidentemente, di una razza diversa, e lo stava guardando con aria minacciosa.
" Sdentato... stai buono, bello!" disse l'autoctono, rivolto al drago nero "Non credo sia pericoloso." il drago brontolò e il giovane sospirò, guardando lo straniero "Non ti farà nulla, Sdentato è mio amico. Oh, a proposito, io sono Hiccup."
"Io sono il Dottore." rispose lo straniero, avvicinandosi a Sdentato e osservando, esaminando anche la sella e i meccanismi della protesi caudale.
"Il Dottore?" chiese Hiccup, avvicinandosi al suo drago e grattandogli il mento.
"Sì, solo il Dottore." disse l'altro, abbassandosi sulla protesi del drago e puntandoci contro la sua strana bacchetta.
"Che razza di nome è il Dottore?!" esclamò il giovane, incuriosito.
"Che razza di nome è Hiccup?" chiese il Dottore, di rimando.
"Tradizione vichinga..." sospirò Hiccup, salendo in groppa a Sdentato e sistemando la protesi sulla staffa di comando della coda meccanica.
"Oh... i Vichinghi!" disse l'altro, eccitato "Grande popolo! Esploratori, guerrieri, grandi navigatori! Ma non pensavo fossero anche addestratori di draghi... anzi, non pensavo neanche che sulla Terra esistessero i draghi, almeno non in questo periodo della storia, in passato, forse, ma nel Medioevo..."
"Amico, non ho idea di cosa tu stia parlando." lo interruppe il giovane uomo "Ma se sali qui dietro ti porto al villaggio."
"Al villaggio? C'è un villaggio su quest'isola?" chiese il Dottore, sempre più eccitato.
"Sì, Berk." annuì Hiccup "E se non torno al più presto manderanno dei draghi da ricerca a cercarmi, dal momento che sono il capotribù."
"Oh, va bene." si arrese l'altro "Ho solo una curiosità: il tuo drago può portare roba pesante? Visto che avete dei draghi selvatici non voglio lasciare qui il mio... bagaglio."
"Se non è troppo ingombrante si può fare, anche se andremo più lenti." accettò il ragazzo.
"Bene, ecco il mio bagaglio." concluse il Dottore, indicando una grossa cabina blu in legno, posta in mezzo al prato, non troppo lontano da loro.
Hiccup sospirò e aiutò l'uomo a salire in groppa a Sdentato, dietro di lui, poi diede degli ordini al drago, che si alzò in volo e afferrò la cabina, sollevandola cautamente, per poi volare in direzione di Berk.
Un mezz'ora dopo arrivarono al villaggio; Sdentato posò cautamente la cabina accanto alla capanna di Hiccup e atterrò al centro della piazza di fronte, mentre un folto gruppo di uomini e donne si avvicinava incuriosito dalle novità portate dal loro capo.
Hiccup scese dalla sella, mentre una giovane donna bionda si faceva largo tra la folla e gli andava incontro, tirandogli un forte pugno sul braccio con aria arrabbiata.
"Sei stato via quattro ore!" esclamò, severa "Ci stavamo preoccupando!"
"Scusa, Astrid." si scusò il ragazzo "Ho perso la cognizione del tem..." non riuscì a terminare la frase, poiché la giovane lo aveva tirato a sé e lo aveva coinvolto in un lungo bacio dolce e passionale.
Il Dottore distolse lo sguardo, e scese dalla groppa del drago, guardandosi intorno.
"Fantastico..." borbottò, scherzoso "Il fascino di noi uomini snelli dai capelli fantastici colpisce anche le donne vichinghe!"
I due ragazzi, finalmente, si allontanarono, e Astrid guardò il nuovo arrivato, incuriosita.
"L'ho trovato nella parte nord dell'isola." disse il giovane, indicando l'uomo "Stava per diventare la cena di un Incubo Orrendo selvatico. Si fa chiamare il Dottore."
La giovane donna annuì, mentre altre due persone si avvicinavano al trio; si trattava di un uomo sulla cinquantina, particolarmente robusto, biondo, con un paio di lunghi baffi acconciati in modo buffo, con una gamba di legno e una mano sostituita da un uncino, e una donna di poco più giovane, con i lunghi capelli castani acconciati in tre elaborate trecce e dall'aspetto molto somigliante al ragazzo di nome Hiccup, di cui, probabilmente, era una parente stretta.
Fu proprio quest'ultima ad avvicinarsi al dottore, girandogli attorno con aria incuriosita.
"Che strani abiti..." commentò.
"È un forestiero, mamma." le rispose il giovane "Anche se parla perfettamente la nostra lingua."
"Uhm... merito dell'interfaccia cerebrale del TARDIS." disse il Dottore "Traduce istantaneamente qualunque cosa io dica, connettendosi a livello cereb..." i quattro vichinghi lo fissarono confusi, e l'uomo si bloccò, scuotendo la testa "Non credo vi interessi."
"Beh, magari si potrebbe parlare meglio davanti a un buon pasto, che dite?" si intromise il vecchio mutilato, avvicinandosi ancora al gruppo.
"Hai ragione, Skarakkio." ammise Hiccup "Effettivamente ho un po' di fame, e anche Sdentato, mi sa." indicò il suo drago, che stava ringhiando dietro ad alcuni cuccioli, di una specie ancora diversa, che, giocando, gli erano finiti addosso e, nella foga del gioco, uno gli aveva azzannato la coda. Appena sentì parlare di cibo, il grosso animale scuro si girò verso il gruppo, facendo delle fusa allegre e festose.
Hiccup rise e fece cenno al Dottore di seguirlo, poi prese Astrid per i fianchi e, tutti insieme, entrarono nella casa del capo.

Heather the Berserker
I go where no one goes

Nice so far!!! =D I haven't seen any Doctor Who, but I know a little bit about it, enough to appreciate this. ;) KIU!!!! :D
Bear the flame

Tuffnut'sChicken
B-BAWK!

This looks great! It's enough to make me plan to watch Doctor Who sometime soon so I'll understand it better!

Which Doctor is it?
Clouds of corn <3

katyjolinar
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Tuffnut'sChicken
06 Jan 2017, 08:13
This looks great! It's enough to make me plan to watch Doctor Who sometime soon so I'll understand it better!

Which Doctor is it?
It is Tennant's one. The story is settled immediately after the special episode called "The day of the Doctor". While for HTTYD it is settled more or less two months after the 2nd movie.
I suggest to you to start from the episodes of Nine, in 2005, it is actually good. Then pass on Ten (Tennant's one) and Eleven. At the end of Eleventh Doctor there is that episode.

Now I'm translating the next chapter, be patient because after the translation I have to send to a friend who correct all the errors, so I don't know when I will post it

katyjolinar
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Now I post the new chapter, but my corrector is busy now and can't check it, so I ask you to find and say me all the grammar errors you find, please.

CHAPTER 3

The Doctor came in the house and looked around.
The room was actually big, also for a Viking house; there was a fireplace, that Toothless lighted with a plasma blast, before going to his big nest, on the other side of the room. A big and solid table was in the center, with a sort of wooden throne at the head and two long benches on the sides. A couple of wooden furnitures on the walls, a door to the bedroom and a stair to the mezzanine completed the decor of that room.
Hiccup approached to the table and touched on the throne in its head, looking at it sadly and hesitating to sit; Astrid came to his side, kissing his cheek.
"It's your sit, now, Chief." she whispered, sweetly.
"I think I'll never get used to this..." the young man mourned, but then he sat on his place, with the girl on his right and his mother on his left. Gobber, instead, approached to the fireplace and prepared some fish to roast, singing by himself.
The Doctor continued to look around, with his hands in the pockets, but when Hiccup give him a motion, to sit, he put off the raincoat and sat on Valka's side.
"So... you have dragons?" he asked, pointing on Toothess, that, crouched on his bed, scrunched some pieces of fish Gobber gave him.
"Yeah." admitted Hiccup smiling to his animal "I know, in the other places they fight them, but we are different, we learnt to live together."
"Well, actually, in the place I am from, dragons doesn't exist." referred the Doctor "I know what they are, there are lots of ancient legends and miths about them, but this is the first time I see one of them by live."
"Where are you from... umm... Doctor?" asked Valka, curious, while Gobber served other food, giving it first to Hiccup, who seemed uncomfortable because of all that cares reserved to the chief.
"I was born very far from here, but I visited lots of places, and some of them you never heard before." he explained, vaguely "Actually I don't think you would trust me if I say you who I really am."
"My friend, till five years ago I didn't trust also that a Night Fury could be ride!" exclaimed Gobber, eating his fish "Now nothing could astound me."
"A Night Fury?" asked the Doctor, confused; Hiccup pointed at Toothless and the man nodded "Oh, I understand... okay... I am from a very far place, so far that you can't imagine it."
"More than the last islands of the Ocean?" asked Astrid, holding Hiccup's hand, and eating a bit by her plate and a bit stealing from her boyfriend's one.
"So far that all your dragons can't reach it." explained the man, tasting a piece of salmon "Mh! Really good! You're a great cook, Gobber!" the mutilated touched his forehead with his hook as a thanks and the Doctor continued "I know, it will be difficult to understand: I'm a space and time traveller."
"What it means?" asked Hiccup, now completely taken by curiosity.
"Have you ever look to the star in the nocturnal sky? I visited most of them very closely." said the man "In the Universe there are millions of inhabited worlds, exactly like this. I came from one of them, even if now it is lost... or I think it is. We called it Gallifrey. It had been destroyed at the end of a centuries term war against another alien species. I'm the last one of my world."
The table companion stayed silent. No one knew what to say. The Doctor served himself with some soup and bread and continued to eat. Suddenly, Toothless posed his head on the Doctor's leg, purring and looking at him friendly. The man looked at him, unsure about what to do, then he look at the dragon's rider.
"Also Toothless is the last of his species." explained Hiccup "At least, that is what I think, because in all my explorations I never find another Night Fury."
The Doctor nodded, scratching near the dragon's ears, then continued his story.
"I visited not only lots of world's, but also lot of historical periods, even here in your planet." he said.
"How? Did you see the future?" asked Valka, very interested about it.
"Future, past..." continued the alien "The time web is full of surprising things. I also had a part on lots of historical events."
"How do you travel?" asked Astrid, standing up and taking the dishes, then posing them in the basin near the fireplace to be washed "I mean, what do you use to move in space and time?"
"I use my TARDIS, the blue box out here." he said "One of these days I would let visit inside her. Now I have a question for you: how long the dragons are on Earth?"
"According to our ancestors' papers... well... not less than three hundred years." answered Gobber, helping to clear the table.
"Three hundred years?! It is actually singular... and weird." exclaimed the Doctor, passing his hand on his hair "They haven't to be here... It is a fixed spot in time... It isn't possible... but... what if..."
"What are you saying, Doctor?" Hiccup encouraged him, giving an affectionate slap on Toothless hip.
"I need more information before giving you an answer." he said "Now... could I move the TARDIS inside here? I don't want that the icy weather of this island ruins her wood..."
"Sure. Toothless could help you." suggested the boy.
"Dont worry, I can do it by myself." the Doctor answered, then run out of the house.
The four Vikings looked each other confused. Then an hard noise broke the silence and the TARDIS appeared near Toothless' place, making him do a two meters jump and roar against the blue box, whine the alien came out from it.
"Molto bene!" he exclaimed "It's a perfect parking! Thank you, chief Hiccup."
"Ehm... You... You're welcome." answered the young chief, looking at the box, very astonished.
"Well, it's late." said Gobber, walking too the door "My bed is waiting me."
"Yes, right..." remembered Hiccup "I will give you a bed for tonight, Doctor."
"Don't worry, my TARDIS has all I need, I stay in here." reassured the alien, opening the door of his blue box.
"Okay, if you say it... so... goodnight." Hiccup did greeting, taking his girlfriend's hand and going with her on the mezzanine.
The young chief undressed, then putted off his prosthesis, and went on the bed. Astrid followed him, letting him hug her, and kissed his lips. He posed a hand on her nude skin and she looked at him, a bit worried.
"Explain me your thought." she asked, lokking at his eyes.
"That Doctor... He is... I don't know... he seems... weird." he answered, touching her hair, lovingly.
"For what? His clothes? You heard him: he is not from this time..." tried to explain the blondie.
"It's not this... it's for... did you look his eyes?" he continued, caressing his girlfriend's nude skin "He seems older than he looked, and he has lots of regrets. Men like him could be very dangerous, they have nothing to loose."
"Hey, don't think about it, now, baby." stopped him Astrid, who was slowly moved herself on his boyfriend, continuing to kiss his lips, lovely "Or the Berk chief's official lover could be disappointed..."
He smiled, kissing back her lips and hugging her strongly.
"My only lover, and future wife, hadn't to be worried." he said, jokingly "She will never be disappointed by his chief, and lover, and future husband."
Astrid smiled, kissing him again, so that he didn't think yet about his problems yet, for that night. The only thing they have to do was to demonstrate each other their unique and deep love.

Il Dottore entrò nella capanna e si guardò intorno.
Per essere una casa vichinga, la stanza era enorme, con un focolare su un angolo, che Sdentato accese con uno sputo di plasma ardente, prima di andarsi ad accucciare su un grosso giaciglio costruito apposta per lui sull'altro angolo. Un grosso tavolo massiccio era posto accanto al focolare, con una sedia intagliata di elaborati fregi posta a capotavola e due lunghe panche sui lati lunghi; Alcuni mobili di legno, posti alle pareti, completavano l'arredamento della stanza, e una scala portava a un soppalco, mentre una grossa porta portava a una stanza adiacente.
Hiccup si avvicinò al tavolo e sfiorò la sedia a capotavola, guardandola con aria triste e esitando a sedersi; Astrid gli si avvicinò, posandogli un bacio sulla guancia.
"Quello è il tuo posto, ora, Capo." gli sussurrò, dolcemente.
"Non credo mi ci abituerò mai..." si lamentò il giovane, decidendosi e mettendosi a sedere, mentre la ragazza si sedeva alla sua destra e la madre alla sua sinistra. Skarakkio, invece, si mise a cucinare, canticchiando.
Il Dottore si avvicinò al tavolo, con le mani in tasca e continuando a guardarsi intorno. Il ragazzo gli fece cenno di sedersi accanto a sua madre, così l'uomo si tolse l'impermeabile e si sistemò al suo posto.
"Così avete i draghi?" domandò, indicando Sdentato che, sulla sua cuccia, sgranocchiava degli avanzi di pesce che Skarakkio gli aveva lasciato.
"Già." ammise il ragazzo, sorridendo e guardando l'animale "Sì, lo so, dalle altre parti li cacciano, ma noi siamo diversi, abbiamo imparato a convivere con loro."
"Oh, beh... in realtà, nel posto da cui vengo io, i draghi non esistono." ammise il Dottore "So cosa sono, antiche leggende di vari popoli ne parlano, ma questa è la prima volta che ne vedo dal vivo qualcuno."
"Da dove vieni... uhm... Dottore?" domandò Valka, incuriosita, mentre Skarakkio metteva a tavola del pesce arrostito, servendo per primo Hiccup, che sembrava visibilmente a disagio per quelle attenzioni riservate tipicamente al capo tribù.
"Vengo da molto lontano, ma ho visitato molti luoghi, alcuni dei quali non li avete mai sentiti nominare." rispose, vago, l'uomo "A dire la verità, non credo che mi credereste se vi dicessi davvero chi sono e cosa faccio."
"Amico, fino a cinque anni fa non credevo neanche che un Furia Buia potesse essere cavalcato!" esclamò Skarakkio, mangiando il suo pesce "Ora non mi stupisco più di nulla."
"Un Furia Buia?" chiese il Dottore, incuriosito. Hiccup indicò Sdentato e l'uomo annuì "Oh, capisco... va bene... io vengo da molto lontano, molto più di quanto possiate immaginare..."
"Più lontano delle isole oltre l'Oceano?" chiese Astrid, stringendo la mano di Hiccup, mentre mangiava un po' dal suo piatto e un po' rubando dal piatto del capo.
"Più lontano di quanto qualunque dei vostri draghi possa arrivare." continuò l'uomo, prendendo un pezzo di salmone e assaggiandolo "Mh... buono. Complimenti al cuoco!" esclamò, rivolto a Skarakkio, che si portò l'uncino all'elmo, in segno di ringraziamento, poi tornò a parlare agli altri "Lo so, sarà difficile da capire... io sono un viaggiatore dello spazio e del tempo."
"Cosa significa?" domandò Hiccup, ormai incuriosito.
"Hai presente le stelle nel cielo? Ne ho visitate molte." spiegò il Dottore "Nell'Universo ci sono milioni di mondi abitati, esattamente come questo; io vengo da uno di questi, anche se ormai è perduto... o almeno credo... si chiamava Gallifrey. È stato distrutto alla fine di una guerra durata secoli con un'altra razza aliena, io sono l'ultimo sopravvissuto della mia specie."
Si fece silenzio. Nessuno sapeva cosa dire. Il Dottore prese un po' di zuppa di pesce e continuò a cenare. Improvvisamente, Sdentato infilò la testa sotto il suo braccio, facendo le fusa e guardandolo amichevolmente. L'uomo lo guardò, indeciso, poi si voltò verso il suo Cavaliere.
"Anche Sdentato è l'ultimo della sua specie." spiegò il giovane "Almeno penso... fatto sta che non ho ancora trovato altre Furie Buie durante le mie esplorazioni."
Il Dottore annuì, grattando dietro le orecchie del drago, poi riprese il racconto.
"Comunque ho visitato non solo molti mondi, ma anche molti periodi storici, soprattutto qui sul vostro pianeta." disse.
"Come? Hai visto il futuro?" insistette Valka, particolarmente interessata.
"Il passato, il futuro..." rispose l'alieno "La rete del tempo è piena di sorprese, e ho anche partecipato a molti eventi storici."
"Ma come fai a muoverti?" chiese ancora Astrid, alzandosi e prendendo i piatti vuoti, per poi metterli in un catino in un angolo "Intendo nello spazio e nel tempo. Come fai?"
"Uso il mio TARDIS, la cabina blu che abbiamo lasciato qui fuori." disse il Dottore "Prima o poi ve la farò vedere. Ora vi chiedo solo una cosa: da quanto tempo esistono i draghi, qui?"
"Oh, beh... secondo gli scritti in nostro possesso, risalente ai nostri antenati, almeno 300 anni." rispose Skarakkio, aiutando a sparecchiare.
"Trecento anni? Strano... molto strano..." borbottò l'uomo, passandosi una mano sui capelli "Non dovrebbero esserci... è un punto fisso... non è possibile... a meno che..."
"Di cosa parli, amico?" lo incoraggiò, Hiccup, alzandosi in piedi e dando una pacca affettuosa a Sdentato.
"Nulla... ho bisogno di saperne di più, prima di parlarvene..." concluse l'altro, alzandosi in piedi e guardandosi intorno "Posso portare il TARDIS qui dentro? Il legno potrebbe patire, fuori."
"Va bene. Sdentato ti aiuterà." acconsentì il giovane.
"Non c'è bisogno. Faccio da me." lo bloccò l'altro, correndo fuori.
I quattro vichinghi si guardarono confusi, poi sentirono uno strano suono e la cabina comparve in un angolo della stanza, vicino alla cuccia di Sdentato, che fece un salto di due metri e ringhiò, inarcando la schiena, mentre il Dottore apriva la porta e usciva, tenendo le mani in tasca.
"Molto bene!" esclamò "Parcheggio perfetto! Grazie mille per la concessione, Capo Hiccup."
"Ehm... prego." rispose il giovane, fissando la cabina, con gli occhi spalancati dallo stupore.
"Oh... ehm... beh, si è fatto tardi." si intromise Skarakkio, andando verso l'uscita "Io vado a dormire."
"Ah... giusto." si ricordò Hiccup "Ti faccio preparare un posto per dormire, Dottore."
"Non ti preoccupare, ragazzo, il TARDIS provvede a tutto." lo rassicurò l'altro, toccando la parete in legno del suo mezzo di trasporto.
"Va bene, come vuoi. Buonanotte, allora." lo salutò, salendo sul soppalco insieme alla giovane, mentre Valka andava nella stanza adiacente.
Hiccup si spogliò in silenzio, poi si tolse la protesi e la posò accanto al letto, prima di mettersi sotto le coperte. Astrid lo seguì subito dopo, poggiando la testa sulla sua spalla, mentre lui le passava una mano dietro la schiena nuda, e lo guardò, preoccupata.
"A cosa pensi?" chiese, tirandosi su per guardarlo meglio negli occhi.
"Questo Dottore... è strano..." rispose il giovane, passandole una mano sui capelli sciolti.
"In che senso? Per i suoi vestiti? Lo hai sentito anche tu, lui non è di qui..." cercò di spiegare la ragazza.
"Non è questo... i suoi occhi..." continuò Hiccup, mentre la mano scendeva sulle curve nude della bionda "Sembra essere molto più vecchio di quello che appare, è pieno di rimpianti, e non ha più nessuno, a suo dire. Uomini così possono diventare pericolosi."
"Ehi, non ci pensare, baby..." lo rassicurò la ragazza, baciandolo dolcemente, mentre lui la stringeva e la faceva spostare sopra di lui "Oppure l'amante ufficiale del capo di Berk potrebbe aver qualcosa di cui lamentarsi..."
"La mia unica amante, nonché futura moglie, non deve preoccuparsi di questo." scherzò il giovane uomo, baciandola ancora e lasciandole condurre il gioco "Non avrà mai nulla di cui lamentarsi del suo capo, nonché amante, nonché futuro marito."
Astrid sorrise e lo baciò ancora, facendogli dimenticare le preoccupazioni, per quella notte, e facendo sì che mente e corpo del suo uomo fossero occupati nella piacevole partecipazione alla dimostrazione del loro reciproco amore.