Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 20 Feb 2019, 22:53 (43290 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I think we might need to assign a specific job(s) to people who want to work on this project. Since we need more people, I could perhaps create a recruitment thread, but for the moment I would be willing to help with writing the story of the game. I might also be able to give ideas for the design of the user interface (although I'm not technologically savvy enough to actually assist with the making of it) and I could make suggestions for the art of the user interface (I think I'm somewhat decent at photo editing - I'm not good with Photoshop, though). I could give ideas for the designs of the NPCs, houses, environments and decorations (such as dragon banners on Berk or Dragon's Edge). Essentially, I could do anything that isn’t frighteningly technical. :)
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 21 Feb 2019, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

You know, I think a lot of our ideas for features are okay. I mean, I was thinking along the lines of Go Vacation, but with dragons, and that game worked. Our scope might not be so bad :)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
21 Feb 2019, 03:42
You know, I think a lot of our ideas for features are okay. I mean, I was thinking along the lines of Go Vacation, but with dragons, and that game worked. Our scope might not be so bad :)
I agree. :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I'm hopefully getting Go Vacation today (it's my 18th birthday), so if I get it, I'll play it and make some suggestions for this game.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
22 Feb 2019, 13:29
I'm hopefully getting Go Vacation today (it's my 18th birthday), so if I get it, I'll play it and make some suggestions for this game.
Yay, hopefully this will mean I finally found another player :P
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
23 Feb 2019, 03:55
BooksAreLikeDragons
22 Feb 2019, 13:29
Yay, hopefully this will mean I finally found another player :P
:)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(Somewhat long post)

Maybe we could have a Book of Dragons in the game, which would serve as a kind of Pokédex. I would be happy to create the descriptions and illustrations. (I've tried using online tools to turn some stock pictures of the dragons into drawings, but I think it would be better if I just printed out the image that I wanted and attempted to trace it with charcoal, although that could take a long time for each one.) I think the contents of the book should also be divided into different environments. For example, dragons which can be found in volcanic regions, desert, arctic, etc. I'm trying to think of the information that I could add - habitat, favourite food, etc. Could someone give me ideas?

Additionally, I could help with naming some new characters or NPCs, including coming up with the names and descriptions for equipment or items, quest names and ideas, etc. In short, I would absolutely love to help with anything I could, and I only go to college for 2.5 days a week, so I have plenty of free time to contribute towards this project. :)

I have written an example description of a Snow Wraith fang:
Spoiler: click to toggle

I was also thinking about the other ways that a dragon could be obtained. Obviously you could find one in the wild or you could happen to find an abandoned egg (or you could kill its parents, and dragonskin could be a clothing material - although is that too dark? :blink:) and you could also free one from a trap. If you wanted, you might choose to go down the less 'do-gooder dragon rider' route and purchase rare dragons or eggs from a trapper or hunter... This would remove the effort of having to find an elusive species, but they would only be available very occasionally (common dragons from local areas could be bought more frequently) and they would be quite expensive. Of course, you would also have the moral burden to deal with. :P You could also sell dragon body parts to them for money. Speaking of which, what should the currency be? Gold, runes, or something else?

Ideally, I would love to include every variety of dragon in the game, but I recognise that this might not be possible. How many species do you think we could have? Would 50 be too ambitious?
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 25 Feb 2019, 08:28, edited 2 times in total.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Hopefully we can create a world as huge as Hiccup's map! Perhaps you could also gather plants and hunt animals, using your dragon or just on your own.

Also, which font do you think I should use for the Book of Dragons? (Preferably free.) At the moment, I'm using Ignite the Light, but I don't really like it because the commas and full stops are difficult to see.

And I was wondering how we would obtain the sounds for each dragon. We'd need to use the official ones, but would that be another copyright problem?
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 26 Feb 2019, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Is everyone still interested in this thread? I've written some more posts. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

BooksAreLikeDragons
26 Feb 2019, 08:36
Is everyone still interested in this thread? I've written some more posts. :)
I've been following it, but I don't really have anything to add at the time being.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D